The Student Room Group

What are my chances of getting an offer?

Applying to do civil engineering foundation year at:
Brunel
Birmingham
City
Manchester.

i got CCC at AS in math, physics, chemistry.
what are my chances of getting an offer? +what is the offer roughly going to be like?

+ are my choices wise/realistic????
what other uni can i apply to as insurance, any suggestions welcome.
Reply 1
no replies?? :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by IamSerious
Applying to do civil engineering foundation year at:
Brunel
Birmingham
City
Manchester.

what are my chances of getting an offer? +what is the offer roughly going to be like?

You should be able to get into Brunel and City with a decent PS.................... not sure about the other two to be honest
Reply 3
You should get an offer from everyone of those with any luck.
Foundation year? You should get an offer. If you want to get in on the civil engineering course straight away, you'll need good predicted grades.
Reply 5
Original post by Blackshadow
You don't even need a decent ps for those unis.

Yeah you do............... a crap PS isn't gonna help either.............. so a decent one is required.
Reply 6
Original post by A level Az
Foundation year? You should get an offer. If you want to get in on the civil engineering course straight away, you'll need good predicted grades.

yeah, i dont think im going to use up too much of my energy worrying and trying to get good predicted grades, because what will ultimately matter is what my final grades are.
yeah, i dont think im going to use up too much of my energy worrying and trying to get good predicted grades, because what will ultimately matter is what my final grades are.

Erm, they look at your predicted grades and see if your teachers think you're good enough to make their standard offer. It's probably the most important part of the application, bar AS grades.
Reply 8
Original post by A level Az
Erm, they look at your predicted grades and see if your teachers think you're good enough to make their standard offer. It's probably the most important part of the application, bar AS grades.

ok i understand, but predicted grades only get an offer, not a place.
i spoke to some of my teachers and they said that they were likely to predict me a B. thats ok right?

could you answer some of my any other questions? if you can
Reply 9
you have maths and physics a level, so why the need to do foundation?

are you even allowed to do it? I heard some unis dont allwow it if you have either maths or physics
Reply 10
Original post by fuzzybear
you have maths and physics a level, so why the need to do foundation?

are you even allowed to do it? I heard some unis dont allwow it if you have either maths or physics

i dont have high enough grades, coz im dumb
and yes, some of the higher unis only accept people who have completely unrelated subjects but with high grades, which doesnt make much sense to me.
(edited 12 years ago)
ok i understand, but predicted grades only get an offer, not a place.
i spoke to some of my teachers and they said that they were likely to predict me a B. thats ok right?

could you answer some of my any other questions? if you can

The thread title is "What are my chances of getting an offer?", so I was only replying to that. Predicted grades of A*s, As and Bs will definitely help. I wouldn't worry about if you're going to get the grades for the offer or not because you don't even have one yet, so you may not have to worry about that at all, and instead a much bigger problem :s-smilie: But to be honest, getting onto a foundation year course isn't very hard to do.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12

anyone plzzz

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending