The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paddy__power
I know but I'm getting into character :awesome:

The thing I am not looking forward to is wearing a helmet. It must be so clammy.

Yeah initially it's a bit weird but you get used to it and becomes really comfy. I rarely take mine off once its on. If you have long hair, maybe consider a headband or one of those underarmour skullcaps to stop your hair going in your eyes or sweat dripping
Original post by Tokyoround
Yeah initially it's a bit weird but you get used to it and becomes really comfy. I rarely take mine off once its on. If you have long hair, maybe consider a headband or one of those underarmour skullcaps to stop your hair going in your eyes or sweat dripping

I did have very long hair but had it chopped a few months ago so am fine there. May have it shaved down again as well and go for the meathead look. lol.
I hated helmets. Put me off big style :L
I didn't find anything weird about wearing a helmet in any sports I've played. I'm not very enthusiastic about playing line right now though. I think I like RB better.
Getting back into training now. Still got a pretty decent punch but my footwork is rusty as hell, will take a few weeks to get it right again.
Feel slightly jealous of you guys would have loved to have played but didn't have the chance. Wasn't into AF in my first year (When I had free time) and was playing and doing so much in the my 2nd and 3rd that it wasn't fesible...
Had a couple of training sessions so far. Going really good atm. Also got a charity match against Crewe Railroaders and apparently over 1000 people will be in attendance and the local news TV and radio will be there. Super excited for that :colone:
Original post by Scott129
Had a couple of training sessions so far. Going really good atm. Also got a charity match against Crewe Railroaders and apparently over 1000 people will be in attendance and the local news TV and radio will be there. Super excited for that :colone:

Railroaders are pure shad, you should put up 100 on them
Normally I think fantasy football is gay and boring but I'm excited for this week as I'm starting Curtis Painter over Eli Manning even though Eli has the easier matchup. Got a good feeling about Painter bros.
Original post by burningnun
Normally I think fantasy football is gay and boring but I'm excited for this week as I'm starting Curtis Painter over Eli Manning even though Eli has the easier matchup. Got a good feeling about Painter bros.

Fantasy is lame as hell but I love it!

Mind you my team is awful. Keeper league, in the 3rd year, 4-9 2009, 5-8 last year, 0-3 this year.

QB Flacco
RB Mendenhall
RB Bradshaw
RB/WR Felix Jones
WR Gaffney
WR Decker
TE Fred Davis
LB Derrick Johnson
DL Charles Johnson
DB George Wilson
DP Greenway
DP James Anderson
K Gould
RS Dalton
RS McGahee
RS Bess
RS Jacoby Ford
RS Malcolm Jenkins
RS Whitner
RS Derrick Ward
None of those will score as many points as Painter this week IMO.
Hell no. Painter is awful.
Nah bro, I've got such a good feeling about this.
What gloves would you guys recommend for a receiver? Tried on a pair of Neumanns and they seemed solid but I'm considering investing in a pair of Cutters C-Tack because I've heard so many good things about them and the people I've spoke to who have owned them couldn't fault them.
Original post by burningnun
Nah bro, I've got such a good feeling about this.

I find myself agreeing with you on most things but unfortunately this is not one of them!
Original post by Scott129
What gloves would you guys recommend for a receiver? Tried on a pair of Neumanns and they seemed solid but I'm considering investing in a pair of Cutters C-Tack because I've heard so many good things about them and the people I've spoke to who have owned them couldn't fault them.

Can't go wrong with the Nike Treadlock Assassins. They are incredible. I have only needed to own two pairs in three seasons.
Well I'm losing by 47+ points with a Jets TE and kicker and the Colts QB and RB to play. I am relying on a strong performance from Curtis "The Baller" Painter but I'm pretty confident.
Reply 2797
That game was too close.
Over 400 total yards, 6 TDs... STANDARD. :ahee:
The one time I don't play Foster....

I also dropped Forte in the two leagues I had him and don't even mention Roethlisburger :colonhash:

Latest