The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

The place to discuss results, panic, celebration, track and general Oxford excitement. The Official Results Day thread is located here, please post your results and offer status in there :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I miss our closed thread already and so I had to make this thread.

Discuss anything at all, just like we did in our previous thread. :smile:

All of you, join here and may this thread be the new favourite tread for all the Oxford lovers :-)

Since it seems that people do want a list, I will produce one (sorted by colleges primarily, then by subjects)
- if there are any mistakes here, let me know, please. Also, if you want to be included in the list and you do not have your college and subject info in your signature, include this info in your post here :-)

Oxford Offer Holders list (courtesy of Nag o ma Scylla):

Spoiler

List of offer holder Facebook groups (courtesy of Cynthialf):

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
Hey :smile:
Reply 3
I hope it won't be long before people start noticing this thread :-P
Reply 4
Original post by BeritV
I hope it won't be long before people start noticing this thread :-P

Hmm yes, let me make a pointless post which I'll disguise as a reply to you and not look like I'm intending on making this thread look popular.
Reply 5
Original post by Noble.
Hmm yes, let me make a pointless post which I'll disguise as a reply to you and not look like I'm intending on making this thread look popular.

Let me make a pointless point no 2 then :-P

(I don't even intend to hide the fact that I am trying to make this thread look popular)
Reply 6
I would just like to say that I am keeping an eye on this thread even though I'm still waiting to hear from Oxford.

/another post
Reply 7
Original post by hayheyley
I would just like to say that I am keeping an eye on this thread even though I'm still waiting to hear from Oxford.

/another post

Best of luck! Hope it will be good news, since they keep you waiting for so long!
This is going to be my new "home sweet home" thread :p:

Yeah, I think you should make a list. That way people can see other people going to the same college :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by soutioirsim
This is going to be my new "home sweet home" thread :p:

Yeah, I think you should make a list. That way people can see other people going to the same college :smile:

And maybe even the same subject at the same college!

On that note: has anyone else on TSR got an offer from Exeter college for Computer Science/any variation thereof? Apparently they haven't admitted any for a couple of years, and I'm wondering if they've changed their policy for this year or if I'm an exception
Reply 10
Hey! It's my favourite but sadly and suddenly departed TSR thread, still the same yet totally different; regenerated in doctorwhoesque fashion :smile:

(Mansfield, History)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 11

/another post

If they keep you waitin much longer they'll be sending you down for missing your Prelims! Best of luck! :smile:
Original post by BeritV

Since it seems that people do want a list, I will produce one (sorted by colleges primarily, then by subjects)
- if there are any mistakes here, let me know, please. Also, if you want to be included in the list and you do not have your college and subject info in your signature, include this info in your post here :-)

Thank you :smile:
Reply 13
Hi!

PPE @ Wadham btw :smile:
Reply 14

/another post

you still haven't heard????
And you don't seem crazy. . .
wow. nerves of steel. and goodluck!
Hello all, I'm signing up :biggrin: PPE at St Hugh's.

Ooo I have a question too actually - once the offer comes through on ucas, is there anything stupid about accepting it straight away and withdrawing from all my uni applications? Just in case there are other slow uni's -cough, Warwick etc- that don't reply at least that gives them another place to play with?

I just don't want to go ahead then have something go completely wrong :rolleyes:
Reply 16
Aw, newly regenerated thread :smile:

Quick question: when is ucas supposed to change and when do you have to return the forms?
I have such paranoia these days.
Reply 17
Original post by Vadis
Aw, newly regenerated thread :smile:

Quick question: when is ucas supposed to change and when do you have to return the forms?
I have such paranoia these days.

My acceptance letter said it would be in the next few weeks, as for the forms it was at least by the end of January :smile:

(University College, History!)
here i am :biggrin:

math at st. hilda!
Reply 19
Original post by SuperPatchKid
Hello all, I'm signing up :biggrin: PPE at St Hugh's.

Ooo I have a question too actually - once the offer comes through on ucas, is there anything stupid about accepting it straight away and withdrawing from all my uni applications? Just in case there are other slow uni's -cough, Warwick etc- that don't reply at least that gives them another place to play with?

I just don't want to go ahead then have something go completely wrong :rolleyes:

I don't see a reason why you couldn't do that - if you know that you want to go to Oxford and you have the offer already, I am fairly sure that you can accept Oxford's offer straight away and withdraw from the other choices.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending