The Student Room Group

Is this enough for Warwick?

GCSES: 4A*s, 2 As, 4Bs.
AS level: A A B C
(i'm giving the C(mathematics) again this october)
AS level subjects: Economics, History, Sociology and Mathematics.

Are my grades enough to apply to Warwick?

Other options:
Southampton.
Notthingham.
Imperial.
Manchester.

I do have some working experience at local law firms.
Please help me out?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by lovelike

Other options:
Southampton.
Notthingham.
Imperial.
Manchester.

Please help me out?

you might get offers but remember they will be at the standard offer of AAA not any lower and FYI imperial does not do law :/
Reply 2
I got an offer AAA for European Law with A*A*A*A*A*AAAA at GCSE and ABBB at AS level in French, English Lit, Maths and History. I have 2 weeks experience in a law firm and a week living in France.

TBH, your grades look OK, it'd all be down to your personal statement/reference.
Reply 3
Original post by viola146
I got an offer AAA for European Law with A*A*A*A*A*AAAA at GCSE and ABBB at AS level in French, English Lit, Maths and History. I have 2 weeks experience in a law firm and a week living in France.

TBH, your grades look OK, it'd all be down to your personal statement/reference.

i see somebody turned down UCL :crazy:

Other options:
Southampton.
Notthingham.
Imperial.
Manchester.

Please help me out?

You want to study Law at Imperial?!! Good luck with finding that on UCAS. Your grades are ok but not great- put in one or two back-up universities like Kent (v. good) who want AAB.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by lionboy
i see somebody turned down UCL :crazy:

It just didn't feel right, and I don't wanna live in London. I like a campus :smile:
Reply 6
I wanted to initially decide between computer science and law. Which is why Imperial is there. But now I've decided that i want to do law. My choices are 1) UCl
2) Warwick
3) Manchester
4) Leeds
5) Bristol.
What do you guys suggest? Are my grades enough for any of these universities?
Predicted/achieved A*AAa and didn't get an offer...
Reply 8
Original post by Maicccccmannnn
Predicted/achieved A*AAa and didn't get an offer...

What were your GCSEs?
What were your GCSEs?

6A*s, 2B's and 2 C's :frown:

Pretty bad comparatively
Reply 10
I have got offers from warwick, manchester, ucl, newcastle and sussex :biggrin:
I have got offers from warwick, manchester, ucl, newcastle and sussex :biggrin:

Wow, well done with ucl especially. What did you get on your LNAT?
Reply 12

I see. UCL do seem to favour applicants who get 20+. I wonder whether if I would have got an offer, if i got 20, and not 17. Who knows.
Reply 14
Original post by KnowstheLaw
I see. UCL do seem to favour applicants who get 20+. I wonder whether if I would have got an offer, if i got 20, and not 17. Who knows.

I got rejected with 21. You can't really second guess UCL :/
Original post by Bea492

You really can't. Two years, back my friends who is now studying Law At Oxford, got rejected from UCL with a score of 23. She ended up getting 4A*s in her A-Levels, on top of her 9A* and 3As at GCSE. I must add, her personal statement was rather interesting and unique also. Happens to the best of them.
Reply 16
Original post by KnowstheLaw
You really can't. Two years, back my friends who is now studying Law At Oxford, got rejected from UCL with a score of 23. She ended up getting 4A*s in her A-Levels, on top of her 9A* and 3As at GCSE. I must add, her personal statement was rather interesting and unique also. Happens to the best of them.

That's crazy! I had already heard a few theories that UCL reject people who they thought had a decent shot at Oxbridge. Obviously, for your friend, it didn't matter much! Out of interest, where will you be going?
Reply 17
Original post by Bea492

Someone should have told Elly Nowell that before she pulled out of Oxford for it :tongue: Wonder if she did get in.

Incidentally how hard is the new LNAT?! I remember it wasn't massively uncommon to get 23/24 when it was only out of 30!

Also KnowstheLaw remember that one tutor's interpretation of 'interesting and unique' could be another's 'comes across as a t**t'!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by roh
Someone should have told Elly Nowell that before she pulled out of Oxford for it :tongue: Wonder if she did get in.

Incidentally how hard is the new LNAT?! I remember it wasn't massively uncommon to get 23/24 when it was only out of 30!

Also KnowstheLaw remember that one tutor's interpretation of 'interesting and unique' could be another's 'comes across as a t**t'!

She got into LSE and UCL.

I think the time constraits are worse. I'd rather have 30 questions but less time. The way it works now, mean you have to rush just to finish and occassionally guess.
Reply 19
Original post by Tsunami2011
She got into LSE and UCL.

I think the time constraits are worse. I'd rather have 30 questions but less time. The way it works now, mean you have to rush just to finish and occassionally guess.

Fair play to her, thought unis might run a mile after she got herself splashed across the nationals.

Ah OK, given the ever reducing pool of unis doing it as well they may want to revert back to the old one for the sake of their profits too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending