The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2000
:hmmm: would they really say "just piss off!" in 19th century france? I think this ikoku meiro sub is off.:erm:
Reply 2001
Original post by vin
:hmmm: would they really say "just piss off!" in 19th century france? I think this ikoku meiro sub is off.:erm:

le piss off?

:ahee:

Gonna finish Baka test tonight.

Watched volumes 4+5 of Witchblade today. My viewing of that has been all over the place- got the first three DVDs in '08 and watched them...and then didn't get the other three until just before Christmas last year. And I suddenly felt like watching them today, after almost another year gap
Reply 2002
Hanasaku Iroha was pleasant :smile:
If all goes according to plan, I'll be watching Fate/Zero and the final episode of Dantalian no Shoka tomorrow (or later today if you want to be fussy). Can't wait to watch Bakuman 2 in awesome 10bit 720p quality either... well, that's a slight overstatement, but I certainly won't say no to higher quality and smaller file size if it's available. :nah:

I imagine a few other new season first eps will get overnight releases too; Raws for C^3, Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon and Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai! are floating around. :yes:
Reply 2004
As expected, after watching the first episode, I'm intending to pick up Bakuman 2 and Fate/Zero, the former offering a direct continuation from its prequel while the latter was noticeably maturer, something of which I wasn't anticipating (despite the older characters). A definite keeper, in any case.

Moving on to C3, as much as I like a generic harem romance series, it's very unlikely that I'll be committing to this weekly. However, knowing me, I wouldn't rule it out. :giggle:

Majikoi was surprisingly entertaining to watch. I wasn't expecting much from this but I'm now seriously contemplating sticking with it for the entire season. I guess I'll give it another episode or two before deciding for sure.

All that's left to watch is Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon... Given that the director of Dragonaut is involved with this one (hardly surprising given the focus on bosoms), I'm slightly apprehensive about this one... Still, it wouldn't surprise me if I end up watching this as one of my "guilty pleasures". :tongue:
Reply 2005
I've decided to give Kaiji a try after reading ANN's figure review :teehee: I watched the first four episodes at animesoc, and did try to get it once, but everything went iffy. However I decided to give it a try after (general spoilers I guess)

Spoiler

Also I'm forever mixing up Akagi with Kaiji- I did it here too, only noticed just before I finished typing
Reply 2006
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Well Mayo Chiki! certainly chose a weird episode to end on. :hmmmm2: Felt like the kind of thing that would normally be in a DVD special/OVA episode... Aside from that, the jokes got a bit old towards the end of the series, but it was better than average.

Agreed, episode 13 definitely felt like an OVA or special that was latched on at the end. I do like Narumi, though, so I didn't mind so much. :tongue:

But yeah, Mayo Chiki was pretty average overall, lacking any plot or character development to speak of. Nevertheless, I found the humour mildly amusing and the characters likeable. Not something I'd probably watch again, though.
Original post by Aiko
Agreed, episode 13 definitely felt like an OVA or special that was latched on at the end. I do like Narumi, though, so I didn't mind so much. :tongue:

But yeah, Mayo Chiki was pretty average overall, lacking any plot or character development to speak of. Nevertheless, I found the humour mildly amusing and the characters likeable. Not something I'd probably watch again, though.

They were really pushing the Mirai Suenaga cameos as well, I'd say she almost got as much screentime as Subaru in the final episode. :p:

I just posted my thoughts on half of the recently finished series in my blog (the bottom half - I plan to post my rave reviews about the top 8 tomorrow if I have time). I ranked Mayo Chiki 14th out of 16, by the way, though it was quite a bit above the series I ranked lower. :yes:
Reply 2008
what happened to baka test:s-smilie: the first series and the specials were very entertaining... but this second one hasnt been nearly as good.:sad:

urgh I finished Blood c :dry:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2009
...trying to redo my top 5 since its very out of date(and because Aiko made fun of me:emo:) The whole process seems more difficult now.:hmmmm2: having to go through a long list and the filters not being much help.:sad:

:awesome: first time in a long long long while my watching list is down to 2, just naruto and penguin drum on there

Ive finally started one outs ... the main character looks really thin in this OP :lolwut: like nearly anorexic :erm:

this guy is cool :teeth: ...so this is what happened to akagi after the end of that series ...he dyed his hair and spiked it up ..and got a nose job

:lolwut: $400 000 :eek:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2010
:mad:cant sleep, so watched more one outs ...clever boy but its past 6am ans i still cant sleep :sad:
Reply 2011
Original post by vin
...trying to redo my top 5 since its very out of date(and because Aiko made fun of me:emo:) The whole process seems more difficult now.:hmmmm2: having to go through a long list and the filters not being much help.:sad:

When did I make fun of you? :sad: Elfen Lied? :tongue:

Ive finally started one outs ... the main character looks really thin in this OP :lolwut: like nearly anorexic :erm:

this guy is cool :teeth: ...so this is what happened to akagi after the end of that series ...he dyed his hair and spiked it up ..and got a nose job

:lolwut: $400 000 :eek:

Akagi is awesome. Ergo, any character resembling Akagi is also awesome. That aside, it's baseball, the best competitive sport in the world. :yes: :tongue:
Reply 2012
Original post by AngryJellyfish
They were really pushing the Mirai Suenaga cameos as well, I'd say she almost got as much screentime as Subaru in the final episode. :p:

Admittedly, I didn't know who this was, despite watching Culture Japan once or twice. :redface:
Reply 2013
Watched six episodes of Kaiji in a row yesterday, and then ran out of episodes on my laptop :mmm: This show has helped to teach me that everyone is an ******* :ahee: (I'd seen four episodes before, so I'm now at episode 10).

In a way it isn't pleasant viewing (for the right reasons) as you just know whenever something good seems to be happening, something bad is coming at the end, or next episode...
Reply 2014
Watched the first episode of Hunter x hunter...found it so-so. Nothing amazing, but I'll give it a few more weeks.

Who knows I might enjoy Gon Soku's story :awesome:

Hope this heat dies down soon :sigh:
Reply 2015
Original post by Truered
Watched the first episode of Hunter x hunter...found it so-so. Nothing amazing, but I'll give it a few more weeks.

Who knows I might enjoy Gon Soku's story :awesome:

I haven't seen the first episode of this remake, but the original manga and anime adaptation is probably one of my favourite shounen series. Stick with it, you shouldn't regret it (assuming you like this genre).
Just saw the Ao Exorcist finale and I must say it was somewhat anti-climactic. I guess I couldn't hope for too much seeing as they were concluding the season on a filler but I thought they would try to make it a bit more original. It was a bit too clichéd with the whole rin and yukio combo. That said, I did like it, as usual it looked good and flowed well with the usual shounen aspects. So I guess overall I was pleased just not edge of seat excited :tongue:

Despite the cloud of clichés, for some reason, I find myself very fond of the show - definitely one of the better releases this year. :yes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2017
Original post by Aiko
I haven't seen the first episode of this remake, but the original manga and anime adaptation is probably one of my favourite shounen series. Stick with it, you shouldn't regret it (assuming you like this genre).

It features Keiji Fujiwara voicing a main character, so I'm more then ready to give it a go :awesome:

Gonna watch a bit more Kaiji now (damn it I still keep putting Akagi at first, even after the number of times the narrator has said his name).

Also silly layout, I almost clicked neg instead of reply :afraid:
Reply 2018
found myself watching hajime no ippo clips on youtube somehow :hmmmm2: 3rd Series is where!? :unimpressed:

btw one outs is awesome ...up to ep 9, the guy has the match completely in his hand... he can go over and taunt the other team for 10 mins and no one can stop him.:laugh:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2019

MY BODY, etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending