The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xcoral23
There isn't really much you can do about the reference as it's not really in our hands.. But I know how you feel!

I have tried that, I've got work again tonight (sorry, this is my 8th day in a row :frown: ) so will have another crack at it tomorrow

Lucky for you, you have people to help. I have written the entire thing without any help (as I have no one to help me)

Thank you for your help :smile:

Sorry to hear it, but I'm sure you'll do fine with it though :smile:

And your welcome, anytime :biggrin:
Reply 481
Original post by Ally312
Sorry to hear it, but I'm sure you'll do fine with it though :smile:

And your welcome, anytime :biggrin:

Meh, to be honest, I would rather seek help from people on here who have applied more specifically to Medicine and who actually believe in me..

Unlike my tutor/referee - they are used to helping students get into other courses that are not quite so specific and competitive so they just generally know what to include..

Thanks, you too :smile:
Meh, to be honest, I would rather seek help from people on here who have applied more specifically to Medicine and who actually believe in me..

Unlike my tutor/referee - they are used to helping students get into other courses that are not quite so specific and competitive so they just generally know what to include..

Thanks, you too :smile:

Haha, get what you mean :smile:

My schools the same. Our sixth form is relatively new, and no one tends to apply to competitive courses or to Russell Group unis, so many teachers are quite clueless.

Thankfully I discovered TSR, with lovely people who are either in the same boat and so can support and disscuss and those who know what they're talking about and willing to help :smile:
Reply 483
Original post by Ally312
Haha, get what you mean :smile:

My schools the same. Our sixth form is relatively new, and no one tends to apply to competitive courses or to Russell Group unis, so many teachers are quite clueless.

Thankfully I discovered TSR, with lovely people who are either in the same boat and so can support and disscuss and those who know what they're talking about and willing to help :smile:

I think alot of the schools/colleges' are the same really..

You just have to use your own initiative to deal with these problems..

I couldn't agree more :smile:
Reply 484
I'm not having a very optimistic day today, just keep thinking I'm going to get rejected because my UKCAT is crap and because of the dates that I have taken all my exams ect...

It's getting me down :frown:
Reply 485
I'm not having a very optimistic day today, just keep thinking I'm going to get rejected because my UKCAT is crap and because of the dates that I have taken all my exams ect...

If it's any consolation I also did crap in my UKCAT.

Original post by Besakt

Don't worry about it too much.
I didn't do well in my AS levels, but my predicted grades mean I have as good a chance as anyone else.
I did crap in the UKCAT, because I'd given up hope (it was a few days after results day), but BM6 don't use it much, so it doesn't matter :smile:
I know it seems tough now but just remember you have as good a chance as anyone else and then everything will be fine! :biggrin: xx
Reply 487
Original post by Besakt

What did you get? PM me if you don't want to post it..

I did shockingly crap honestly.. I'm actually embarrassed to put it on here

Original post by Ally312
Don't worry about it too much.
I didn't do well in my AS levels, but my predicted grades mean I have as good a chance as anyone else.
I did crap in the UKCAT, because I'd given up hope (it was a few days after results day), but BM6 don't use it much, so it doesn't matter :smile:
I know it seems tough now but just remember you have as good a chance as anyone else and then everything will be fine! :biggrin: xx

I'm trying not too but it's easier said than done as you probably know..

I guess I have just got to go for it and see what happens.. I just don't handle the rejection very well as I have worked really hard over the last couple of years..

Thanks for the support guys x
Reply 488
I got 503 in my UKCAT (bet none of you can beat that!)

I'm also applying for the BM6 course... hopefully might see some of you at interview! (do you like my wishful thinking...)
Reply 489
Original post by jcb123

I'm also applying for the BM6 course... hopefully might see some of you at interview! (do you like my wishful thinking...)

A competition for the lowest UKCAT score is well on its way :biggrin:

*Ding Ding* Round 1

Good luck with your application! Have you sent it yet or still working at it?

Well, one must have confidence really (I'm on a bad day with that lol)
I'm trying not too but it's easier said than done as you probably know..

I guess I have just got to go for it and see what happens.. I just don't handle the rejection very well as I have worked really hard over the last couple of years..

Thanks for the support guys x

No problemo! Hey...that's why you started this thread remember! :biggrin:

Original post by jcb123

Yep, love the wishful thinking! - we all need it right now! Good luck with it all :smile:
Reply 491
Original post by Ally312
No problemo! Hey...that's why you started this thread remember! :biggrin:

Ahaha, I forgot I started this thread!! :biggrin:
Reply 492
A competition for the lowest UKCAT score is well on its way :biggrin:

*Ding Ding* Round 1

Good luck with your application! Have you sent it yet or still working at it?

Well, one must have confidence really (I'm on a bad day with that lol)

I don't think there need to be anymore rounds... think I have already won!

Application is all sent off now to the unis... exciting and daunting... just got to await the 5 rejections now (this is my non non-wishful thinking!)
Reply 493
Original post by jcb123

Application is all sent off now to the unis... exciting and daunting... just got to await the 5 rejections now (this is my non non-wishful thinking!)

Well, I have read before someone who got lower than you (470 i think) so all is not over :smile:

Ohhh... well done! I really need to get my ass moving with mine.. just perfecting my PS atm then probably send it next week :smile:

Good luck! :smile:
Original post by jcb123

Don't panic! I'm saying that now, but talk to me in a months time and ill probably be singing a different tune lol :biggrin:

Mine's been sent to the school, so I just need to wait for my referee to do the rest. :frown: Not helping me because like I've said, I dont have faith in the person doing my reference, despite them being the UCAS administrator and such.

If you don't mind me asking, whats your academic profile, and where have else have you applied to? I'm only applying to four unis, three medicine with a foundation year, and one A100 one.
Reply 495
Original post by Ally312
Don't panic! I'm saying that now, but talk to me in a months time and ill probably be singing a different tune lol :biggrin:

Mine's been sent to the school, so I just need to wait for my referee to do the rest. :frown: Not helping me because like I've said, I dont have faith in the person doing my reference, despite them being the UCAS administrator and such.

If you don't mind me asking, whats your academic profile, and where have else have you applied to? I'm only applying to four unis, three medicine with a foundation year, and one A100 one.

UKCAT: 502.5

GCSE: 4 A*s, 4 As
AS: ABBC (Eng, Bio, Chem, Eco)
Predicted: AAA

Applying:

Brighton-Sussex (Med)
Leicester (Med)
Southampton (Foundation)
UEA (Foundation)
Cardiff (Biomed)

Where are you applying?
Original post by jcb123
UKCAT: 502.5

GCSE: 4 A*s, 4 As
AS: ABBC (Eng, Bio, Chem, Eco)
Predicted: AAA

Applying:

Brighton-Sussex (Med)
Leicester (Med)
Southampton (Foundation)
UEA (Foundation)
Cardiff (Biomed)

Where are you applying?

Well done on your AS results! :smile:
I'm applying to the Foundation courses at Southampton, UEA and Nottingham, although Nottingham is only offering 10 places for it's foundation course so I'm expecting a straight rejection. Then I'm applying to Leeds via A2L, because my AS results are honestly abysmal.
Reply 497
Original post by Ally312
I'm applying to the Foundation courses at Southampton, UEA and Nottingham, although Nottingham is only offering 10 places for it's foundation course so I'm expecting a straight rejection. Then I'm applying to Leeds via A2L, because my AS results are honestly abysmal.

I was going to apply to the foundation at Nottingham, but they seemed really off when I told them my grade profile!... so thought it would be a little risky.
Reply 498
Original post by Ally312

What is Leeds A2L?
Original post by jcb123
I was going to apply to the foundation at Nottingham, but they seemed really off when I told them my grade profile!... so thought it would be a little risky.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I know I'm going to get a straight rejection from them anyway, but it was just a case of filling a space on the form, seeing as Foundation courses are really my only options right now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending