The Student Room Group

Help me *skinny pic*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GodspeedGehenna
But not in your case, evidently.

Zing! :biggrin:
This is probably obvious, but it isn't all about mass. If your cardio is'nt great, you should definately work on it, because it's a better indicator of health. But being so tall will make your weight more obvious.

Good luck fella!
Reply 82
Haha yeah, it does feel a bit like trying to move a mountain, through thick fog so you can't tell what's going on.

I actually felt kind of full just from reading what you are in a day! Gosh, if someone had said "that's my daily meal, guess my weight" I would of ballparked like 20 stone! That sounds like a truckload..

I bought whey protein sometime last year but it tasted revolting (supposedly chocolate) Maybe i'll look into some different products?
Reply 83
May also want to check out GOMAD (Gallon of Milk a Day):

http://stronglifts.com/gomad-milk-squats-gallon-gain-weight/
Original post by Roxas
Haha yeah, it does feel a bit like trying to move a mountain, through thick fog so you can't tell what's going on.

I actually felt kind of full just from reading what you are in a day! Gosh, if someone had said "that's my daily meal, guess my weight" I would of ballparked like 20 stone! That sounds like a truckload..

I bought whey protein sometime last year but it tasted revolting (supposedly chocolate) Maybe i'll look into some different products?

Well tbh I was eating half of that before I even started putting weight on, when I was really skinny at 6'2" at 10 st I was eating so much more than you already!

Your stomach won't be able to handle that much food yet but it will eventually - and remember that when you eat large meals your body doesn't use it all, the rest gets converted to fat and keeps you filled up for longer, whereas if you eat plenty of short meals your body uses most of the meal then you're hungry again, basically it's manipulating your metabolism to great effect. Breakfast is exactly what it says, breaking a fast, so you should be smashing your way through cereal and toast, or porridge. Before I started gym I was having 2 bowls of cereal and some toast, whereas you're not even having that!

Another thing about your diet is that none of it is healthy. If you're getting all the good stuff then by all means eat whatever you want, but you've got to get the right nutrition in. A kebab is 2000 calories but bad stuff alone is not going to help you.

A lot of the proteins are disgusting yeah but I've been buying Whey Protein from Holland and Barrett. All flavours taste great with milk and water and they're fairly cheap. Buy them when it's 50% off :wink:

Get a decent multivitamin. There's one from Boots for a tenner that contains 23 essential nutrients including Zinc, which boosts protein retention or something. It lasts 6 months.

You would probably be best off with a gainer though. I bought Weight Gainer Elite from myprotein.com, very cheap and efficient. Chocolate flavour is 12% less protein so buy Strawberries and Cream if you get it.

Creatine is also good for recovery, very cheap from MyProtein as well, but atm just focus on getting a good workout and nutrition sorted. Really push yourself in the gym, and push yourself for food and you'll see rewards quicker than you think.
Original post by Nucleo
I'd get a serious health consultant to help you out, instead of seaking advice on a student forum. You're on the verge of of being clinically anerexic.

Anorexic, you callous twerp.

And anorexic isn't an adjective for skinny people. Does he want to lose weight? Does he think he's fat? Does he eat half an apple precisely cut into 10 squares daily? No. So step off it, he knows he needs to gain some, or he wouldn't have made this thread.

OP, I doubt there's some major condition going on here, but you should go to a doctor because they can advise you on how best to gain weight and become a bit healthier, they may also find some underlying problem like a thyroid condition. Please don't worry about it too much!
Original post by Nick1sHere
8 stone... I **** that after a good meal :eek:

Dude you totally need to cut the hamburgers. :lolwut: Dread to think of your insides. (and possibly outsides?).

OP, again I'd like to reiterate; don't stress too much, TSR was the wrong place to come for this, you won't feel any better, you are not icky. Just go to the doctor for advice, not these rems on here who assume they are bloody omniscient.

Original post by raspberryruffle
bmi 18 is not normal. 18.5 is the minimum healthy bmi for an adult, and some doctors consider any bmi under 20 to be underweight.
under 15 is clinically emaciated that means you could die at any time due to organ failure. going from that picture you definitely look heavier than 8.3 stone, but if you are what you say then my advice would be to go to a doctor and get put on a diet plan of heavy lipid-based foods.

Oh for **** sake! Are you actually telling him he could die any minute? Did a little read on the interwebs did we? I'm pretty sure he isn't emaciated, I'm pretty sure his organs won't fail because he said he eats, I'm pretty sure he is not on the verge of death..my god woman. Actually a bit disgusted you've suggested such a thing, sitting there on your arse, telling someone he could die through a computer? Anorexics on the verge of death cannot function, he is living, he is going through his day to day activities..

And also, a BMI of 18 is healthy. I know you may be a few digits away from it, but you have to face reality and stop bending truths to make yourself feel better. (this OP, is why TSR is bad for such threads, people talk through their own insecurities.)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by SophiaKeuning
Just go to the doctor for advice, not these rems on here who assume they are bloody omniscient.

What advice can the doctor possibly give that isn't already fairly obvious?

OP needs to eat more - much more - if he wants to gain weight. He is doing the right thing by posting his daily diet here so people can critique (and the problem so far, as expected, is that he barely eats anything).
Dude you totally need to cut the hamburgers. :lolwut: Dread to think of your insides. (and possibly outsides?).

My insides and outsides are in perfect working order :wink:

I swim and rugby a lot though so food doesn't affect me... Swear I go through like 5000 calories a day :rolleyes:

OP, again I'd like to reiterate; don't stress too much, TSR was the wrong place to come for this, you won't feel any better, you are not icky. Just go to the doctor for advice, not these rems on here who assume they are bloody omniscient.

Oh for **** sake! Are you actually telling him he could die any minute? Did a little read on the interwebs did we? I'm pretty sure he isn't emaciated, I'm pretty sure his organs won't fail because he said he eats, I'm pretty sure he is not on the verge of death..my god woman. Actually a bit disgusted you've suggested such a thing, sitting there on your arse, telling someone he could die through a computer? Anorexics on the verge of death cannot function, he is living, he is going through his day to day activities..

And also, a BMI of 18 is healthy. I know you may be a few digits away from it, but you have to face reality and stop bending truths to make yourself feel better. (this OP, is why TSR is bad for such threads, people talk through their own insecurities.)

ok, i won't post on the tsr nutrition forums. :rolleyes: i know a ****LOAD about emaciation from my own research and from talking to medical professionals, and like i SAID he doesn't look like he actually weighs little enough to be in that kind of medical state. and yes you can have an 'emaciated' bmi and manage to function. lab rats that are starved to emaciation will actually run around for up to 8 miles a day in their tiny wheels.
bending truths to make myself feel better? what? i don't have a bmi of 18?

And also, a BMI of 18 is healthy.

no it isnt
Jesus Christ.

8 stone at Six Foot? :|
Reply 92
I am 6 foot 1 and 16 stone, it is mostly due to leg muscle but my god my legs probably weight more than your entire body that is really really bad man.

You should go to see professional help asap 14 Bmi is just insanely low for a male except if they are bodybuilders or athletes mine is about 20 which is near average.
Original post by SteveeRoo
I am 6 foot 1 and 16 stone, it is mostly due to leg muscle but my god my legs probably weight more than your entire body that is really really bad man.

You should go to see professional help asap 14 Bmi is just insanely low for a male except if they are bodybuilders or athletes mine is about 20 which is near average.

lol your bmi is 29.6, not 20.
Reply 94
Original post by SteveeRoo

Don't kid yourself fatty.
Reply 95
Original post by tinktinktinkerbell
bull ****!!

nothing easy about having to restrict your diet, cut out things you like, have to eat things you dont like and knowing that if youve run out of cals for the day and are still hungry you cant have anything else

you also get to laze around where as fat people have to exercise

so yes you do have it the best way

That is because you are cursed by an animalistic grazing appetite where you have virtually no self-control over your desire to consume.

To lose fat, all you need to do is modify your diet, you don't even have to exercise if you have a perfect macro ratio calorie restricted diet.

To gain relatively lean weight your body has to actually produce new tissue, which takes a lot of effort for your body, and it will only do so if you provide it solid stimulus otherwise your body has no reason to hold onto that extra calorie expensive muscle.

If one isn't gifted with a gargantuan natural appetite and snail paced metabolism like yourself, then it is extremely hard to put on mass and come out looking aesthetic as fuark.

Saying that though, if you lean out from 15 stone or whatever you weigh now, your appetite will decrease because you won't require the huge amount of calories your body requires to maintain that colossal mass.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by FluxD
That is because you are cursed by an animalistic grazing appetite where you have virtually no self-control over your desire to consume.

To lose fat, all you need to do is modify your diet, you don't even have to exercise if you have a perfect macro ratio calorie restricted diet.

To gain relatively lean weight your body has to actually produce new tissue, which takes a lot of effort for your body, and it will only do so if you provide it solid stimulus otherwise your body has no reason to hold onto that extra calorie expensive muscle.

If one isn't gifted with a gargantuan natural appetite and snail paced metabolism like yourself, then it is extremely hard to put on mass and come out looking aesthetic as fuark.

yeah i suppose (re the last point) although i wouldn't call it gifted to have slow metabolism, its been the bane of my life!!

i thought grazing meant snacking?
Original post by FluxD

Saying that though, if you lean out from 15 stone or whatever you weigh now, your appetite while decrease because you won't require the huge amount of calories your body requires to maintain that colossal mass.

i lost weight last year and my appetite didnt go down, if anything it seemed to go up, i was hungry like ALL the time, my body seems to be the opposite of what it should be :frown:
Reply 98
Original post by tinktinktinkerbell
yeah i suppose (re the last point) although i wouldn't call it gifted to have slow metabolism, its been the bane of my life!!

i thought grazing meant snacking?

You might have a naturally slow metabolism, but hunger cravings for shite foods can be avoided by keeping your blood sugar levels stable throughout the day.

Having them shoot up and down make you hungry (and lethargic/sleepy) even if you have eaten only a short period of time prior. I experienced this to the max when I was taking a "supplement" (lawl) called mdrol that makes your blood sugar levels crash if you don't eat enough carbs. If I didn't eat enough I would literally have to run and eat slices of bread and sit down until my blood sugar levels went up again out of hunger cravings and near fainting.

Slow digesting carbs spaced out will make you avoid having to snack on crap.

For people who are naturally skinny bastards like myself, there isn't an easy way to increase your appetite to the insane levels required to bulk (except possibly a couple of bong hits), like there is an easy way to contain hunger pangs, so it is hard as **** at first to gain weight until you eventually start slapping on mass through force feeding and appetite goes up with your weight.
Original post by Roxas

Quick Reply

Latest