The Student Room Group

Geography applicants for entry 2012 :]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by mespannerhanz
I'm trying my luck at Jesus. Really liked the feel there, old buildings but modern feeling, and the 2 grass tennis courts outside accomodation block was a nice bonus, being a tennis player! Where are you applying?

Ooooo :smile:, I am going to go for St.Johns, was originally going to apply to Homerton but I went to StJohns open day and LOVED it plus they were all lovely! :smile: I hope we get in!! haha
i am so relieved to find this!!

1) Geography (A) , English Lit (A) , Politics (A) , dropped History (C) + General Studies (A)
Predicted: A*A*A*
2) BSc
3) Durham (everyone wants to go there!!) Exeter, Sussex, Loughborough and Royal Holloway!
Reply 42
Can't wait to send off my UCAS and just get on with it!

1) Geography, English Literature, Psychology
2) BA (Human), hopefully with ERASMUS/Year abroad/In industry etc etc...
3), Leeds, Leeds (with Social Policy), Leicester, Sheffield, Queen Mary.

Good luck guys :smile:
Trying to decide between BA Geo and Econ/Geo joint, both at Birmingham. Anyone do either of these and have any advice or suggestions?
Thanks
Reply 44
1) Geography, Geology, English Lang/Lit
2) Geography Bsc - so mainly physical stuff
3) Cambridge, Durham, Lancaster, Liverpool ad Leeds

:smile: Can't wait to get to uni (if anyone wants me :P ) Fancy the change of scene and the more interesting and in depth study
Reply 45
Really glad to see this thread! :biggrin:
I have got my grades and on my gap year, I cannot wait to send off my application.

1. Geography, Economics and Mathematics (+statistics), AS Physics and Dance
2. BA... human geography?
3. UCL, LSE, Kings College London, Queen Mary's, have no clue what my fifth choice will be.
Reply 46
1. Geography, Physics and Law
2. most likely BSc still unsure :/
3. Newcastle and Queen Mary for definate, then again most likely Liverpool, Northumbria and no clue for the last choice.

Is anyone else wanting to go to Newcastleeeee?? :smile:
Reply 47
1) IB student: Higher Level Geography, History, English. Standard Level Maths, Chinese, Physics.
2) Human! Was originally considering combined geog/history but changed my mind once I started the IB course.
3) Durham! Exeter, Edinburgh and others.
Reply 48
Applied for BSc Geog F800! Yay! now to wait :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by DavidCrow
Applied for BSc Geog F800! Yay! now to wait :tongue:

where are you applying to? :smile:
Other than Durham, Exeter seems to be a popular choice - what is so good about Exeter?

And oh god, everyone in here seems to be very intelligent. I saw many Cambridge and Durham applicants here :O
Reply 51
Im applying to newcastle hope i get in @Matt . pinacio i don't think there is much good about exeter tbh nottingham would be a better choice, better night life plus the option for a year abroad EASILY cos of their campuses, my mate goes there trust me
Reply 52
Currently studying: Geography, Maths, Economics&Business, Critical Thinking

Applying for: (complicated i know!)
Oxford- Geog
UCL / Durham - Econ & Geog
Bath - Econ & International Development
Manchester - Development Studies and Economics
Reply 53
1) Geography (A), Maths (A), Computing (A), Physics (B-dropped), Predicted : A*AA
2) BSc
3) Exeter, Birmingham, Lancaster (w/ year abroad), Royal Holloway, Keele

Sending off my application this week....
Reply 54
Why are there hardly any people doing geography?!?! :biggrin: anyone got any offers yet?
Reply 55
Applied for BA geography
at: Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, Newcastle and Manchester
Studying Geography, Art and English Literature
Got AAAC at AS and am predicted AAA at A2
Do you think I have a chance at these unis? :s-smilie:
Anyone got any offers yet?
i got an offer from nottingham for human geography but it was AAA which was higher than i expected! but i sent mine off about a month ago :smile: does anyone know if durham's given out offers yet?
Reply 57
Original post by deby_4
Applied for BA geography
at: Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, Newcastle and Manchester
Studying Geography, Art and English Literature
Got AAAC at AS and am predicted AAA at A2
Do you think I have a chance at these unis? :s-smilie:
Anyone got any offers yet?

I've had offers from Leeds and Liverpool but for a bsc. I would say you've got a good chance with Leeds, Liverpool and Manchester :smile: I don't know the entry requirements for the others, but they should be similar. So yeah :smile:
Reply 58
Original post by Gumpert
I've had offers from Leeds and Liverpool but for a bsc. I would say you've got a good chance with Leeds, Liverpool and Manchester :smile: I don't know the entry requirements for the others, but they should be similar. So yeah :smile:

Ah well done!
I'm hopefully sending my application off on Monday, I hope it's not too late :/
Congratz again on your offers :smile:
Reply 59
Original post by RaspberryHaze
i got an offer from nottingham for human geography but it was AAA which was higher than i expected! but i sent mine off about a month ago :smile: does anyone know if durham's given out offers yet?

Congratz on your offer!
Where else have you applied and what A levels are you taking ?
I'm applying for a BA too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending