The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Original post by infernalcradle
how is everyone on here doing btw?

its been a while since I last looked on here...

Sent mine to my referee today. Is there any thing extra I need to do for the BM6 like some sort of essay or an extra sheet to fill in or something?
my school was the same...

so what I did was not listen to anything they said and just used my own common sense and TSR as my guide :biggrin:

cool :biggrin:

are you currently on the BM6 course?
Original post by Hanz_a93
Hey can i apply to that A2L scheme if im from london?

Yes, if you meet the eligibility criteria for it :smile:
Reply 523
Original post by Besakt

Original post by Besakt
Sent mine to my referee today. Is there any thing extra I need to do for the BM6 like some sort of essay or an extra sheet to fill in or something?

I think we are just sent a letter to confirm which of the eligibility criteria we meet.
Reply 524
Original post by tobnot
I think we are just sent a letter to confirm which of the eligibility criteria we meet.

When?
Original post by Ally312
cool :biggrin:

are you currently on the BM6 course?

Yeh he's one of the new kids :P

How's it going Inferrrrnal? :P Love Carolyn yet? <3
Anyone know how to let the unis know that im eligible for 2 of the criteria's? Do i send a seperate letter off or something?
Original post by Hanz_a93
Anyone know how to let the unis know that im eligible for 2 of the criteria's? Do i send a seperate letter off or something?

Soton will send out a letter in Nov asking for proof of eligibility.
Original post by BethaneyJ

oh thanks :smile:
how is everyone on here doing btw?

its been a while since I last looked on here...

Hi if you don’t mind me asking can I have a look at your personal statement?

hi beth :smile: what do you think I could do to make my personal statment stand out?
Original post by kickasskaz01
hi beth :smile: what do you think I could do to make my personal statment stand out?

Ahhh the golden question! Reflect reflect reflect. You need to show that you've got promise, and that you're eloquent. Tone and writing style is important. but there isn't one single thing that makes you stand out unfortunately!
Yeh he's one of the new kids :P

How's it going Inferrrrnal? :P Love Carolyn yet? <3

haha, I've loved carolyn since the open day :biggrin:

she is awesomely awesome though tbh

how was your first lecture today???
Reply 533
I applied to this course in 2 years ago, got an interview then didnt get in. so i went of and did a premed course and got a distinction (soton accepts it and some other med schools). but im currently taking a gap year and retaking my a levels (which where pooorrr). but basically I am going to apply to the 5 year course..question can you apply to both bm6 and the 5 year course, and do they accept retake students?
Reply 534
Original post by wannabeDr
I applied to this course in 2 years ago, got an interview then didnt get in. so i went of and did a premed course and got a distinction (soton accepts it and some other med schools). but im currently taking a gap year and retaking my a levels (which where pooorrr). but basically I am going to apply to the 5 year course..question can you apply to both bm6 and the 5 year course, and do they accept retake students?

I believe they accept one GCSE retake or one A-level retake...

I don't think they accept someone who is retaking all their A-levels..
Original post by wannabeDr

You can apply to both no problem. They may want to know why you've taken so long to do your A levels though and that might not work in your favour. Phone admissions and ask them.
Original post by bites
Hi ya,

I'am an A2 student and wants to go for medicine. But unfortunately my AS grades turned out as ABBC and the predicted grades for this year is ABB. I really want to do medicine, and i heard about this foundation course. So do have any suggestions.

Hey! sorry I haven't replied sooner!

ask your teachers why they've predicted you ABB - with AS grades like yours, retakes could really get them up to A's so just check and see - a prediction of AAB will be looked at by 5 year courses :smile:

As for applying to the foundation course, are you just looking at it as a way of 'getting in easily' or do you have genuine reasons/meet all the criteria? It's worth looking at :smile:

If the answer to above is yes then why not, but don't rule out any other course, you never know until you try! :smile: x
Hi please can some one help me, i really want to do medicine however i didnt get the AS grades i wanted i got ACCD my predicted grades are now ABB if i resit some modules.
I have done my ukcat, how do you work out your score i think i got 560.
Please can someone give me some advice, i want to study in LONDON.
But i think i will only get into nottingham or Southampton.
What else can i do, i dont want to do bio med or anything like that .

:confused: Do you think other unis will consider my application like for example barts or st. georges?
Reply 538
gcse: 3A* 6A 1B
alevel: AABB
A2: A*AA
ukcat:603 :frown::frown:

would it be wise to apply to southampton bm6 ?
Original post by sd004
gcse: 3A* 6A 1B
alevel: AABB
A2: A*AA
ukcat:603 :frown::frown:

would it be wise to apply to southampton bm6 ?

Depends why you're applying.... if it's just a grades/UKCAT thing then no. If you have other reasons and meet the criteria, yep. :biggrin:

What's wrong with your UKCAT? Why the sad faces? there are a few uni's who don't even use it, Southampton BM5 only use it as a cut off of the bottom 25%.

There are only 30 places on BM6, and there is an interview and more applicants per place. It's harder to get in!
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest