The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shinobi93
Same! Although I forget to play tactically and just pick the Pokemon I like best to buy :colondollar:

(my college has a 90s night on Thursday so I'm going as Pikachu :cool: )

I have so much respect for you right now.

For me, a 90's party would be the perfect excuse to bust out a sweatervest and fake moustache and go as Carlton from the Fresh Prince.

For me, the 90's = Pokemon and TFPOBA.
Reply 4261
Anyone do/did Classical Greek? I'm way too proud of this. :cool:

EDIT: Oh my goodness I'm going to university today. :s-smilie:

:woo:
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm posting this from my room!

Everything has gone fine so far, and everyone is nice. So far been recognised as LtCommanderData by one person.
one suitcase, one bag, no alcohol, practically no dvds. live 1.5 hours away though so will pop down before long, i reckon. 9 hours till the train!
No suitcase, no bag, no bike, one floordrobe with a key stage 3 maths revision guide on it.
6 boxes, 2 laundry bags full of clothes and snow outerwear, a suitcase full of clothes, various small bags stuffed with miscellaneous items, snowboard and guitar.
I am reeeeally hoping this all fits in my Dad's car tomorrow...

Oh well, off to enjoy my last day at home before becoming an Oxonian! :biggrin:
Is anybody else still waiting for their Loan and/or Grant to go in?

Please say yes XD
Reply 4267
Original post by The Anti-Hero
Is anybody else still waiting for their Loan and/or Grant to go in?

Please say yes XD

Won't be added until AFTER we enrol.
Original post by Nag o ma Scylla
Feels like I've been here for ages already ... I really want the academic stuff to start though (for some reason)!

I did short course GCSE :teehee:

I know the feeling! I'm enjoying it though, so I'm kinda looking forward to the start rather than wishing it was right now
One day more!!!

(please feel free to imagine the Les Mis song without the unhappy ending of the musical as a whole, I'm feeling quite triumphalist)

Tomorrow I'm setting off, and I can't wait. I hope everyone else is as excited as I am, 'cause I'm floating near the ceiling and it would be strange if no one else was.
Original post by Abyss of Stars
One day more!!!

(please feel free to imagine the Les Mis song without the unhappy ending of the musical as a whole, I'm feeling quite triumphalist)

Tomorrow I'm setting off, and I can't wait. I hope everyone else is as excited as I am, 'cause I'm floating near the ceiling and it would be strange if no one else was.

I'm also off tomorrow, but I've got more of a sinking feeling :frown: Not that I'm not excited, it's just nerves. I'm not getting any sleep tonight!
Reply 4271
Original post by Jamstar
I'm also off tomorrow, but I've got more of a sinking feeling :frown: Not that I'm not excited, it's just nerves. I'm not getting any sleep tonight!

This.

We seem to be in the minority though.
ITS TOO HOT IN OXFORD!!
Also, majorly humiliated myself by having to ask a boy from downstairs where the lightswitch was in my room becuase I couldn't find it in the dark! He was very nice about it though.

So, how are we all doing?
Reply 4273
I am a danish girl, going to Oxford in the end of this month to study english. I hope that some of you can give me some advice about Oxford, where to go, what to do etc. :smile:
Good to know that I owe Oxford £1132.43 and I haven't even arrived yet...
EVERYONE. IS. SO. NICE. :eek3:

Everyone who hasn;t arrived yet, you are going to have a great time!!
Reply 4276
So, i'll be leaving in a couple of hours... just put my stuff in the car, and I have actually FILLED MY DAD'S JEEP, as in the only space left inside is the driver seat and passenger seat :s-smilie:

On another note, anyone here setting off soon to go to Catz??
Reply 4277
Original post by -mai-
So, i'll be leaving in a couple of hours... just put my stuff in the car, and I have actually FILLED MY DAD'S JEEP, as in the only space left inside is the driver seat and passenger seat :s-smilie:

On another note, anyone here setting off soon to go to Catz??

Remember to bring everything the Student Finance people have ever sent you!
Reply 4278
Original post by BJack
Remember to bring everything the Student Finance people have ever sent you!

Oh ok! I have packed all the letters, but they're not exactly accessible.. will I need them for registration?
how about a TSR meet-up at some point? not during fresher's, that's packed, and everyone will be settling in academically in the first couple of weeks, but it'd be a good opportunity to meet more people from other colleges for those not heavily into societies...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending