The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by loz876
Mine was officially sent Friday! Just waiting for acknowledgement from all the unis now!! :biggrin:

Woah, that's the weirdest fifth choice I have ever seen :biggrin:
Reply 7601
Sooo happy with my school reference! :biggrin:
Reply 7602
Original post by Straight up G
Woah, that's the weirdest fifth choice I have ever seen :biggrin:

:lol: I literally had no idea what to pick, I wasn't really feeling biochemistry/biomedicalsciences etc and I like maths! Though if it comes to the worst, and I only get that one offer for maths, I'll probably end up taking a year out anyway!
Reply 7603
Original post by Nator
Sooo happy with my school reference! :biggrin:

were you shown yours? Mine was just sent without me seeing it :s-smilie: apart from my predicted grades!
Reply 7604
Original post by loz876
were you shown yours? Mine was just sent without me seeing it :s-smilie: apart from my predicted grades!

Not shown word for word but I sat down with my tutor and he just told me the gist of what was mentioned :smile: Yeah we got our predicted grades too but sure everyone does :biggrin:
I have a meeting with school tomorrow..so my application will be in by Friday!
The closer it gets the more pessimistic I feel about it!! Decided to find some more people going through this as well :smile:

I've seen my reference word for word as it currently is, though it won't be fully finished for another day or so. I sat down with my tutor, she showed the current reference and I gave her a printout of what the med schools said they were looking for in the reference. Which is better than the other students in my year..whos form teacher hasn't written the references yet!!! Unbelievable.....
Going for Cambridge & Manchester, 10 days to go and haven't picked my other two yet... And my PS is not up to schedule. Need to move fast the next two days...
Sent mine off the other day (: Really happy with my school reference, my head of sixth form has really gone to town <3
Reply 7608
Original post by Normandy114
School has sent my application to UCAS, in 48 hours time universities will have it, and I've officially applied for medicine!
:woo:

Same :eek: I feel a little bit sick.
Reply 7609
If I'm just lucky enough to get interviewed :bl:
Reply 7610
Please, need some help!!!
GCSEs: 9 A*'s

AS grades:
Biology C
Chemistry B
Maths A
Psychology A

Predicted A* AAA
UKCAT 610

Do I have a chance at medicine????
Hoping to apply:
Keele, Peninsula, KCL, Leeds?
Please any help!

Thank you !
xx
Reply 7611
They ran out of good things to write for my reference :frown: So they're a paragraph short :sad:
Reply 7612
hate how biased edinburgh is towards scottish students!:angry:
Reply 7613
Hey guys! Quick question. Is my criminal reference ''Undeclared'' on UCAS if I have not had any criminal convictions in the past?
Original post by Revent
Hey guys! Quick question. Is my criminal reference ''Undeclared'' on UCAS if I have not had any criminal convictions in the past?

Yes don't worry, I thought the same thing. :smile:
Hi guys! If I had a bad experience while working in a GP clinic, should I put it into my ps?
Reply 7616
Original post by runawayxtrain
Hi guys! If I had a bad experience while working in a GP clinic, should I put it into my ps?

When i was on work experience i got shouted at by a patient whos nearly killed themself the night before from alcohol abuse. She complained that i wasnt paying attention to the doctor who was talking to us about her. The doctor backed me up though because i was the only one in our group who took notes during the week :biggrin: Its funny though because when we walked into her room in ICU she gave me a really bad look which i thought was a bit weird:s-smilie:
Original post by maemg
When i was on work experience i got shouted at by a patient whos nearly killed themself the night before from alcohol abuse. She complained that i wasnt paying attention to the doctor who was talking to us about her. The doctor backed me up though because i was the only one in our group who took notes during the week :biggrin: Its funny though because when we walked into her room in ICU she gave me a really bad look which i thought was a bit weird:s-smilie:

Haha that was funny! I'm glad you survived it then :smile: Actually what I was talking about was unethical deeds I witnessed. Worse of all, the GP was from the school that I am about to apply to (of course I wouldn't mention it :tongue:) It was quite serious, and such an allegation would not get me far with the admissions panel I guess? I'm really not sure :/
Reply 7618
Yea I wouldn't mention it, you should probably report it to the GMC or discuss it with another doctor, it would be a good learning experience and could help you indirectly at interview as the interviewers might give you a scenario or something and ask what you think of it.
It does say 'location: Singapore', so I'm not sure how relevant the GMC would be in this case.

Latest