The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by UEAAccommodation
-

Hey, I was just wondering where I should go/email. I'm in Victory House and the light just outside my room has blown (or at least, I assume it has since the only light it's emitting is green - if I'm being stupid and it's fine to be like that just say). I've already spoken to my senior resident about my light in my room flickering (which has unfortunately deteriorated since :frown:) but I don't really want to bother her another time...

The light in our corridor being out doesn't make too much difference to us and I know maintenance are probably busy with worse broken things but yeah... I still feel I should report it.
Thanks.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by ThePurpleRose
Hey, I was just wondering where I should go/email. I'm in Victory House and the light just outside my room has blown (or at least, I assume it has since the only light it's emitting is green - if I'm being stupid and it's fine to be like that just say). I've already spoken to my senior resident about my light in my room flickering (which has unfortunately deteriorated since :frown:) but I don't really want to bother her another time...

The light in our corridor being out doesn't make too much difference to us and I know maintenance are probably busy with worse broken things but yeah... I still feel I should report it.
Thanks.

Go to the accomodation office in the street- its near the UFO, Paper Shop e.c.t
Okay, thanks! :smile: I'll be sure to pop in tomorrow.
Okay, the light in the corridor is now working - it's just the one in my room that needs looking at now and that's already been reported so it's okay. :smile:
I've only just seen this post as I'm in the middle of arrivals but if you still need to phone us please call 01603 592092. Thanks.

Hi, I read somewhere that the system doesn't work properly when paying for accommodation i.e. If you choose to pay termly in 3 installments the full fee is taken off your account, anyway. Is this true? if so, when will it be fixed? *Already tempted to start spending my loan :colondollar:*
Original post by Ralpharm
Hi, I read somewhere that the system doesn't work properly when paying for accommodation i.e. If you choose to pay termly in 3 installments the full fee is taken off your account, anyway. Is this true? if so, when will it be fixed? *Already tempted to start spending my loan :colondollar:*

No, that's not true at all.

No matter what way that you choose to pay it will still show the full amount as owing on e-vision (as you do still owe that amount). I can't think of an instance when the full amount has been taken by mistake though.

Out of interest, where did you read that it does this? If it's on one of the UEAs websites I can probably get it changed.

No matter what way that you choose to pay it will still show the full amount as owing on e-vision (as you do still owe that amount). I can't think of an instance when the full amount has been taken by mistake though.

Out of interest, where did you read that it does this? If it's on one of the UEAs websites I can probably get it changed.

I read something like that here on TSR. I probably misread "No matter what way that you choose to pay it will still show the full amount as owing on e-vision " Anyway thanks for your help, will pay now before I spend it all :tongue:

When does the money get taken from your account? I gave the details as soon as I got the invoice but I haven't noticed anything on my account changing. Well, apart from the money I keep taking out. :facepalm:
Original post by diamonddust
When does the money get taken from your account? I gave the details as soon as I got the invoice but I haven't noticed anything on my account changing. Well, apart from the money I keep taking out. :facepalm:

I think it's normally in the first few days of November. The best people to ask would be the finance office in the registry building. We don't have a lot to do with payments - we tell the fiance office how much you owe and that's about it!
Reply 2729
Ive got a lovely sticky stain on my chair that's been there since day one, got a nice plastic bag over it at the minute. Wondering who I should talk to to get a replacement? I wrote down the problem on that inventory sheet aswell :smile:
Original post by Popey93
Ive got a lovely sticky stain on my chair that's been there since day one, got a nice plastic bag over it at the minute. Wondering who I should talk to to get a replacement? I wrote down the problem on that inventory sheet aswell :smile:

Speak with your cleaner, she will be able to help you. It's the housekeeping staff that change the furniture in the rooms if it needs replacing.

Hey sorry I have two questions:

1) I just got an invoice sent to me for accommodation fees that is the exact sum for the whole year. Except I haven't chosen how I'd like to pay for it yet (Was there a deadline :s-smilie:?) because I was waiting for my student finance to come through, which it will today. I was wondering if I can still change it and ignore the invoice for now? I don't even have the money to pay the whole lot at once, even when student finance comes through later! lol

2)I completely forgot to give my cleaner the inventory list, until yesterday (which was the 7th working day...I'm assuming by 10 days it meant working days). I left it near the bin and when I came back it was still there, wasn't she suppose to take it? What do I do with it? lol

thanks!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by makingamemory
Hey sorry I have two questions:

1) I just got an invoice sent to me for accommodation fees that is the exact sum for the whole year. Except I haven't chosen how I'd like to pay for it yet (Was there a deadline :s-smilie:?) because I was waiting for my student finance to come through, which it will today. I was wondering if I can still change it and ignore the invoice for now? I don't even have the money to pay the whole lot at once, even when student finance comes through later! lol

2)I completely forgot to give my cleaner the inventory list, until yesterday (which was the 7th working day...I'm assuming by 10 days it meant working days). I left it near the bin and when I came back it was still there, wasn't she suppose to take it? What do I do with it? lol

thanks!

No probs

1. Just go to the finance office in the registry building today and they will be able to help you set up how you want to pay for the room. It may be too late to do it online now, I'm not sure.

2. Don't worry too much about the 7/10 day thing on the inventory. Just continue to leave it out for your cleaner or give it to her when she comes round. It will be OK.

Hope this answers your questions.
No probs

1. Just go to the finance office in the registry building today and they will be able to help you set up how you want to pay for the room. It may be too late to do it online now, I'm not sure.

2. Don't worry too much about the 7/10 day thing on the inventory. Just continue to leave it out for your cleaner or give it to her when she comes round. It will be OK.

Ahhh thank you! I just checked online and it says: 'Please note that any subsequent changes to the selected payment options will incur a £10.00 administration charge' so I guess as I had left it (for only three days!), it had assumed I wanted to pay the full whack? I'll go down there once I've finished my breakfast :tongue:
Reply 2734
Speak with your cleaner, she will be able to help you. It's the housekeeping staff that change the furniture in the rooms if it needs replacing.

Oh right. My cleaner knows about it... Ill tell her again :smile: Sitting on a plastic bag gets annoying :tongue:

Thank you :biggrin:
No probs

I did exactly the same thing as makingamemory (on both counts, funnily enough); is it okay for me to do the same? And do I need to bring anything as proof of identity to sort out my finance? My Mum took my passport home with her, so all I have is my provisional driver's and my campus card...
Original post by ThePurpleRose
I did exactly the same thing as makingamemory (on both counts, funnily enough); is it okay for me to do the same? And do I need to bring anything as proof of identity to sort out my finance? My Mum took my passport home with her, so all I have is my provisional driver's and my campus card...

I wasn't asked for any form of ID, although walking with your campus card would be a good idea. I was just asked to sign onto evision on their computer and she showed me how to change it and then it was done haha. The walk to the finance office was longer than the time I was there!
Original post by makingamemory
I wasn't asked for any form of ID, although walking with your campus card would be a good idea. I was just asked to sign onto evision on their computer and she showed me how to change it and then it was done haha. The walk to the finance office was longer than the time I was there!

Thanks :smile: I did mine yesterday. I was suprised by how quick it was... But glad I've done it now! And Monday, I'll hopefully be able to give the cleaner my inventory form... Hopefully. :smile:
Can I ask why our flat has a random big freezer in the middle of our kitchen plugged in? LOL It's conveniently placed right near all the cupboards/the sink.

There's no note or anything and the manual/ice cube tray etc. was just left on top of it.
It's just confused us all as our freezer at the moment works perfectly fine...although there are only 5 compartments between the 8 of us.
I've not had hot water in my room now for nearly two weeks and the microwave in our kitchen has been broken for a similar amount of time.

I've complained about my hot water and the microwave has been complained about by several different people but nothing has been done about either yet.

Latest

Trending

Trending