The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5960
Is there no TSR app for android phones?

I looked at the android marketplace and there's nothing.

If not, why don't TSR make one?
Original post by tif49
Is there no TSR app for android phones?

I looked at the android marketplace and there's nothing.

If not, why don't TSR make one?

The mods, supermods and admin team have said watch this space.
Reply 5962
Original post by F_shakeey
The mods, supermods and admin team have said watch this space.

Thanks, nice to know they're working on it.
Reply 5963
Original post by G8D
They have been "working on it" for time.

Don't hold your breath :wink:

Is there no chance of getting an update from them?

Isn't/shouldn't there be a thread dedicated to a possible TSR Android app where we can all discuss it and put forward ideas?
Reply 5964
Original post by G8D
They held a questionnaire about the possibility of a mobile site/iOS+Android apps a long time ago. The idea was well received and that was pretty much it.

Nothing (to my knowledge) has been revealed about who would develop the app (presumably a site would be made using the existing web dev team) or when it would possibly become a reality, never mind what features it would have.
Personally I feel that those who desire this are being really let down by this whole process. It'd happen sooner were the project outsourced to the community itself and a set of computer scientist users were given heightened access to the system (API etc), plus that'd offer a great opportunity for CVs (and perhaps cash) so I expect there'd be no shortage of interest to take part.

I realise my post ended up a bit of a rambling mess, but yeah.

Hey thanks. I'm gonna see if I can contact them to see what's happening or open up a thread to see if I can get their attention.

Thanks for the info.
Reply 5965

Yeah thanks, I posted a reply on it, we'll see if they respond.
Reply 5966
Original post by G8D
When/if you make the thread post a link in here so I can show my support/ideas.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=34266402

Here's the post I made.
Reply 5967
anyone know the best/cheapest way for unlocking a g2 touch/hero?
SGS2:

2.3.4. seems a tad different like the new swype features.

Font I prefer the 2.3.3. version anyone know anyway I can change it back?
Reply 5969
Original post by G8D
eBay.

thanks, managed to get it unlocked

also anyone know how i can get a galaxy s2 screen replaced as mine is broken and if i get it fixed with o2 i will probably be looking at paying £100
Original post by st_23
thanks, managed to get it unlocked

also anyone know how i can get a galaxy s2 screen replaced as mine is broken and if i get it fixed with o2 i will probably be looking at paying £100

Is it not still under warranty? Anyway, try fonedoctors or MobilePhoneDoctor. Since it's a fairly popular phone you should have no problem finding places that will repair it, your only real issue might be price.
Reply 5971
Original post by iam_smithers
Is it not still under warranty? Anyway, try fonedoctors or MobilePhoneDoctor. Since it's a fairly popular phone you should have no problem finding places that will repair it, your only real issue might be price.

The screen is cracked so won't be able to get it under warranty. Gonna prob sent it direct to Samsung as hopfully that's cheaper than getting it done via o2, also once I do that I will know what's wrong with it so.could get quotes from other places.

Also on a completely unrelated note, after using my hero again I've realised how crap the internet app is on the s2 compared to this. for example I can actually see what I'm typing in this message and it seems to scale text better. The way the keyboard works is also better, even better than swiftkey i would say. Even unlocking the phone is a lot nicer on this. Saying that I have to wait ages for things to open on this and the screen seems tiny and it doesn't look as good.
Original post by st_23

Original post by st_23
The screen is cracked so won't be able to get it under warranty. Gonna prob sent it direct to Samsung as hopfully that's cheaper than getting it done via o2, also once I do that I will know what's wrong with it so.could get quotes from other places.

Also on a completely unrelated note, after using my hero again I've realised how crap the internet app is on the s2 compared to this. for example I can actually see what I'm typing in this message and it seems to scale text better. The way the keyboard works is also better, even better than swiftkey i would say. Even unlocking the phone is a lot nicer on this. Saying that I have to wait ages for things to open on this and the screen seems tiny and it doesn't look as good.

lol you could just try another browser? I use the Dolphin browsers :u:
Reply 5973
i tried them all, the only one i found good for writing stuff like messages on here for example was opera, for everything else i just tended to use the stock one. Im surprised google don't do a chrome mobile browser, surely it would make sense
http://www.chitterchatter.co.uk/sony-ericsson/sony-ericsson-xperia-play-pre-order-pa-110.php

:redface:

My WM7 phone got barred as the previous owner reported it stolen so they could effectively get a free replacement. Contacted CeX and they'll issue me a full refund meaning I only have to pay £50 for the xperia PLAY. Not the best specs but not the worst either. It should run android fine xD
lol, what a scumbag
Anyone know any good action game apps? Something similar to infinity blade

Original post by G8D
4S is a let down :king1:

Totally. :laugh:
Reply 5978
Having an Android OS is great. Except that I am not very familiar how to manage its apps, settings, etc.
Original post by heyApple
Having an Android OS is great. Except that I am not very familiar how to manage its apps, settings, etc.

What phone do you have?

Latest

Trending

Trending