The Student Room Group

Help me *skinny pic*

Scroll to see replies

I'm in a similar position to you, not quite as extreme though. I'm 6ft and 9 stone and I swear I don't look any bigger than you. I eat alot though, obviously not enough I guess.
Original post by Heyx
Yes I know...
I said he is probably anorexic...not that he definitely is..because I don't actually know him. But don't you agree 8 stone for a guy of his height is extremely skinny? Thats all I'm saying.

i love the way you call him skinny yet you are skinny yourself :rolleyes:
Original post by Roxas
Basically, i'm 18 and the most self conscious person in the world. I've had trouble with my weight since I can remember, and it's got to the stage where if i don't do something now, i think i'll go mad!

Alot of people on here seem very knowledgeable on the fitness subject, so I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

Basically, I do near to no excercise currently, because quite frankly i'm embarassed. I can't do a single push-up i don't think.. I doubt I could run for more then 5 minutes, either..

Here is an attached picture of my icky body (sorry)

I'm 6ft 3 and just over 8 stone.

HELP!]

people need to stop calling you anorexic, because 1. you wants to gain weight and be more healthy and 2. anorexia is a mental disease that you can't judge from a picture.
either way you do need to talk to a professional about what's the safest and best way for you to gain weight because if you go about it the wrong way it might be dangerous. my mum's a dietitian and i think you need to gradually get some exercise into your life and gain weight steadily
Reply 143
Original post by tinktinktinkerbell
i love the way you call him skinny yet you are skinny yourself :rolleyes:

How do you know whether I'm skinny? :L
Reply 144
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
So why are you calling him anorexic?

I said he might be...but then i said he is rather on the skinny side.
Reply 145
Original post by mistermojo
I'm in a similar position to you, not quite as extreme though. I'm 6ft and 9 stone and I swear I don't look any bigger than you. I eat alot though, obviously not enough I guess.

Try eating Six meals a day fella, 500 calories a meal. http://www.askscooby.com/ This is a site that bodbuilders frequent, absorb the information, the best way for you to gain weight is to gain muscle mass.
Original post by brb_gone_gym
I don't know a single female who can do more than 10 legitimate pushups. True I don't know any women who lift but even so it's very rare they are good at bodyweight exercises.

Soz just don't believe. Plus seemed to needlessly make the OP feel more inferior.

To be fair. Most girls I know can do more than 10 pushups.
Original post by Heyx
How do you know whether I'm skinny? :L

because if you are 5ft6 your BMI is 16.9 and if you are 5ft 7 it is 16.4, granted not as bad as OP but its still low
Reply 148
Original post by Simplicity
To be fair. Most girls I know can do more than 10 pushups.

Thank you!!
Reply 149
because if you are 5ft6 your BMI is 16.9 and if you are 5ft 7 it is 16.4, granted not as bad as OP but its still low

I thought it was perfectly healthy...I'm not skinny for a girl tbh though.
Original post by Heyx

no, its not healthy, its underweight
Original post by Heyx
I said he might be...but then i said he is rather on the skinny side.

He might be a lot of things. Pulling an e-diagnosis out your ass based on nothing, however, is not particularly helpful. Damaging, if anything.
Original post by Heyx

yes you are. i think something like 80% of women get amenorrhoea under a bmi of 17.5. you're preeeetty underweight. perhaps we should start e-diagnosing you with anorexia too :redface:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 153
i dont understand what is so difficult for you, you just have to eat heavy and lift some
Drink plenty of milk; it's a good "get fat quickly" drink. :smile:
Reply 155
Original post by raspberryruffle
yes you are. i think something like 80% of women get amenorrhoea under a bmi of 17.5. you're preeeetty underweight. perhaps we should start e-diagnosing you with anorexia too :redface:

What is wrong with everyone?? I'm not underweight! I just do a lot of sports..I think i'm perfectly healthy and if you knew me in real life then you'd probably think the same. :frown:
Reply 156
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
He might be a lot of things. Pulling an e-diagnosis out your ass based on nothing, however, is not particularly helpful. Damaging, if anything.

I said I'm sorry...I didn't mean it that way.
Original post by Heyx
What is wrong with everyone?? I'm not underweight! I just do a lot of sports..I think i'm perfectly healthy and if you knew me in real life then you'd probably think the same. :frown:

im sorry but yes you are

thats like me saying im not obese when my BMI is 38.something
Reply 158
im sorry but yes you are

thats like me saying im not obese when my BMI is 38.something

I'm 5 ft 6, and 7 and a half stone. That can't be underweight. A lot of ppl I know weigh less and are taller.
Original post by Heyx
I'm 5 ft 6, and 7 and a half stone. That can't be underweight. A lot of ppl I know weigh less and are taller.

yes and they are underweight too

if your BMI is less than 18.5 (and yours is) you ARE underweight!

Quick Reply

Latest