The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doofy
Anyone going to the open day on Saturday?

I can't attend because it's too far. Tell us how it goes.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 101
I currently hold a conditional offer from Manchester. :smile:
Reply 102
Original post by Freiheit
I can't attend because it's too far. Tell us how it goes.

Same here actually, was hoping somebody could fill me in on how it goes :frown:
Reply 103
Original post by stifa
I currently hold a conditional offer from Manchester. :smile:

Congrats! How long did they take to get back to you?
Reply 104
Original post by Doofy
Congrats! How long did they take to get back to you?

It took them only nine days. :smile:

Has anyone else on here got an offer yet?
Reply 105
I sent of my application last night for the Modern Language and Business and Management (Japanese) program. I'm from the US so I have slightly different admission requirements. I was required to get 3 4's on AP Exams (kind of like A-levels, except the grade is based on one 3 hour exam). I received a 4 in English Language, a 4 in European History, and a 5 in US Govt. and Politics. So, I did exceed the requirements. Plus, I have predicted grades of: 4 and 4 for Calculus and English Literature respectively, and 5 and 5 for Macroeconomics and Psychology, respectively. I met my SAT requirements as well. I applied for deferred entry to Sept. of 2013 because I need to save money, but I hope I can get in! I really want to study in the UK and experience the world!
Applying for Modern History and Politics (Entry Requirement= AAB - ABB)

Average GCSE's (ABBBBBCCCCC)
A-Levels - ABB: Sociology, English Lang. and History (retaking Hist for A)
This year also taking English Literature (AS + A2) and AS Govt. & Politics... not sure what my predictions will be in new A-Levels but should be B's or A's
Really hope I get into Manchester... really love the thought of moving to a City :smile:
Reply 107
Probably going to be my first choice for Biochemistry, I think the requirement is a minimum of ABB - so I hope i'm ok.. :smile:

GCSEs: 4A* 9A
AS: ABCCD
A2 Predictions: AA (Bio/Chem)B(Maths)

Retaking a few maths modules to boost it up, but reckon i'll be ok? Cheers :smile:
Reply 108
I saw someone got an offer already, does anyone else have any idea of how long manchester takes to get back to people :smile:? Also, how much importance do they place on GCSE grades?
Applied for Economics :smile:
Haven't had time to see Manchester Uni, I hear it's really nice. Anyone want to fill me in?
Reply 110
Original post by theseeker
Applied for Economics :smile:
Haven't had time to see Manchester Uni, I hear it's really nice. Anyone want to fill me in?

I'm from Manchester and was at the Uni yesterday, it is really nice and Manchester is amazing, of course :tongue:

If my predicted grades were high enough... (ABB instead of ABC :angry:)... then it would definitely be my first choice!!!
Reply 111
applied 2 weeks ago today for law but still not heard anything...stomach's in knots!
Reply 112
Applying for Economics (BSc) Hons - Need AAB

GCSEs A* A* A A A A A B B B C (C in German, B B B in Eng Lang, one of the dual science awards and Persian)

AS results;
Modern History C
Maths B
Economics B (2 UMS off an A)
Psychology B

Didn't try hard enough so i'll be resitting some modules. Dropped psychology and my predicted A2 are AAB. The B is Modern History.

I do General Studies as well and i'm doing an EPQ too.

Reckon this is enough for a good chance?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 113
Just got a letter saying I have an interview in 3 weeks, I hope they don't dissect my personal statement too much :s-smilie:
Reply 114
Original post by JayReg
Just got a letter saying I have an interview in 3 weeks, I hope they don't dissect my personal statement too much :s-smilie:

In case this happens to me, my idea was to note down the key points in my personal statement, and then revise what you'd say about them :smile:

e.g. ''I have recently been reading X''

-Note down why X interests you
-What you've learnt etc

Hope this helps!
Reply 115
Original post by Ashtiany

Hope this helps!

Thanks yeah, though for example in my PS I quote a book, however I haven't actually completely read it :smile: (Ill hope wiki has a good entry on it). I'd rather they just ask me to answer questions about physics than on my PS :smile:
Anyone got an interview yet? I got a letter inviting me for one today! :smile:
Reply 117
Original post by Ashtiany
Applying for Economics (BSc) Hons - Need AAB

GCSEs A* A* A A A A A B B B C (C in German, B B B in Eng Lang, one of the dual science awards and Persian)

AS results;
Modern History C
Maths B
Economics B (2 UMS off an A)
Psychology B

Didn't try hard enough so i'll be resitting some modules. Dropped psychology and my predicted A2 are AAB. The B is Modern History.

I do General Studies as well and i'm doing an EPQ too.

Reckon this is enough for a good chance?

yeah defo :smile:
Reply 118
I'm applying here for maths. Never got a chance to visit the Uni, but got rave reviews from my friends so I thought it was a worth a gamble.
Original post by Artemis 97
Anyone got an interview yet? I got a letter inviting me for one today! :smile:

I got one earlier today, can't say I'm looking forward to it too much but at least you get a buffet lunch :ahee:

Anyone know if maths applicants usually get interviewed?

Latest

Trending

Trending