The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Original post by Ally312

Original post by Ally312
:eek: oh god. reading that, my stomach flipped.

Just not having a good week at all.

My UCAS administrator is just being awful about my personal statement. Less than two weeks to go, and she decides now is the time to make major changes to it. I have to add more stuff in, and cut tons out. :frown: The fact shes continously making biting remarks about my extremely slim chances isn't helping.

I think quite a few of us have had the same stick from our teachers (well I have anyway!) Just try and ignore it, and then you'll be the one laughing when you get a place! Have you already sent your application?
Original post by tobnot
I think quite a few of us have had the same stick from our teachers (well I have anyway!) Just try and ignore it, and then you'll be the one laughing when you get a place! Have you already sent your application?

No. I can't because she keeps on poking and prodding at my personal statement, which is something she should have done before we broke up for the summer, when I kept pestering her. Now she's the one pestering me, ten days before the bloody deadline! :mad:
Reply 562
has anyone sent their application off?

My form teacher is being an absolute *****!:angry:

I just want to kill her, shes not even started my reference, and she actually had the nerve to say that I wasnt her main priority FTW!!! Well if Ive made such an effort, its about time you did too. AGHH!!:mad:
Im feeling so depressed...

Loads of people are getting interveiws already, I feel so hopeless:frown:
Original post by taunt

I just want to kill her, shes not even started my reference, and she actually had the nerve to say that I wasnt her main priority FTW!!! Well if Ive made such an effort, its about time you did too. AGHH!!:mad:

interviews already :eek: I havent sent mine off yet :afraid:
Reply 564
Original post by taunt

Original post by taunt

Since when do people get interviews before the application deadline (even Oxford don't start interviewing til December)!?

I've sent my application, it's just waiting at school for my reference to be added.
Reply 565
Original post by tobnot
Since when do people get interviews before the application deadline (even Oxford don't start interviewing til December)!?

I've sent my application, it's just waiting at school for my reference to be added.

B'ham are extremely quick with interviews.
Reply 566
Original post by Besakt

Original post by Besakt
B'ham are extremely quick with interviews.

Even before the deadline?
Reply 567
Original post by tobnot
Even before the deadline?

Yes. Some people have sent it off in mid September.
Reply 568
Original post by Besakt

Original post by Besakt
Yes. Some people have sent it off in mid September.

Blimey! How are you doing with your application?
Reply 569
Original post by tobnot
Blimey! How are you doing with your application?

Just logged on to UCAS and it says "Your application has not yet been approved by your referee/coordinator.
06-10-2011 (13:54) Your reference has been completed and is waiting for approval." so it should be off tomorrow. :cool: I see you are also applying to UEA foundation course :biggrin: Me too.
How is your application going?
Reply 570
Original post by Besakt

Original post by Besakt
Just logged on to UCAS and it says "Your application has not yet been approved by your referee/coordinator.
06-10-2011 (13:54) Your reference has been completed and is waiting for approval." so it should be off tomorrow. :cool: I see you are also applying to UEA foundation course :biggrin: Me too.
How is your application going?

Mine's completed from my end, just waiting for my tutor to get her act together and do my reference. Yeah I am, I've applied for BM6, UEA, Nottingham and clinical science at bradford (as a back up!). Where else have you applied?
Reply 571
Original post by tobnot

lots of people have gotten interveiws, especially form Brum. And I think soeone got an interveiw from liverpool too, I ssaw somewhere, hang on let me try and find it for u.
Reply 572
Original post by tobnot
Mine's completed from my end, just waiting for my tutor to get her act together and do my reference. Yeah I am, I've applied for BM6, UEA, Nottingham and clinical science at bradford (as a back up!). Where else have you applied?

Clinical sciences at Bradford + St George, London as back up.

UEA + Southhampton + Leeds for medicine. :biggrin:
Reply 573
Can anyone tell me any good medical journals/publications and where I can get them? I'd like to have something like that on my PS... thanks
Reply 574
Original post by LukeyJB

Original post by LukeyJB
Can anyone tell me any good medical journals/publications and where I can get them? I'd like to have something like that on my PS... thanks

Student BMJ:
http://student.bmj.com/student/student-bmj.html
You have to subscribe to get the print version, it's £48 a year (http://student.bmj.com/student/static-pages.html?pageId=9)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by taunt

Don't worry, if this gets you down exams get harder as you feel demotivated. Just ignore them.

Original post by LukeyJB

As nice as it is that you're keen, if you're applying for entry in 2012 then 10 days before the deadline is not the time to start reading journals as they'll see straight through it at interview.... if you're looking forward to 2013 though, go ahead!

I'm not trying to sound mean sorry, just your time would be better spent.
Reply 576
Hey
I was just wondering how many drafts did people do for their ps? I have done like 3 and I have included everything I wanted to say but I hear some people go through 20 drafts or more? What is the leeds medicine one everyone applying to? What grades do they need?
Original post by taunt

Original post by IamBeowulf
interviews already :eek: I havent sent mine off yet :afraid:

Original post by tobnot

hey guys,

hope your app is going well,

In terms of the BM6 interview...I was one of the first to get interviews last year and I was in early jan....

I also got the early offer which was in late feb....everyone else however got their offers in mid march....

so don't worry...make sure your app is as good as possible and PM if you want help
Reply 578
Original post by mashalli
Hey
I was just wondering how many drafts did people do for their ps? I have done like 3 and I have included everything I wanted to say but I hear some people go through 20 drafts or more? What is the leeds medicine one everyone applying to? What grades do they need?

I did 9 drafts before I was completely happy with it!

Original post by infernalcradle
hey guys,

hope your app is going well,

In terms of the BM6 interview...I was one of the first to get interviews last year and I was in early jan....

I also got the early offer which was in late feb....everyone else however got their offers in mid march....

so don't worry...make sure your app is as good as possible and PM if you want help

Thanks for that. How's BM6 going???
Reply 579
I can't believe it. I did the UKCAT yesterday and my result has got me so demotivated. I did some revision for it and managed to get under 600! Last year I had way above 600! :frown: UKCAT is truly no reflection of my ability, I know I could have done better. Well in fact, I have done better in the past and when its the most critical year for me and my last chance of applying to medicine I get below 600. What am I going to do? :frown: I'm really really worried its going to affect my application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending