The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Debbie2709
I see you're from Co.Armagh. Are you in the city? :biggrin:

1: Generally you see the manager of the department you want the overtime in. Sometimes they'll ask you though, so you don't always have to find them.

2: You're not supposed to do over 39 hours a week.

3: I think you can apply when there's a vacancy, not sure though.

4: Don't know about this one.

5: We're getting paid this Friday, next one is 4 weeks after that. I think it used to work out as the last Friday of the month, but it doesn't anymore.

Thanks for the info... I'm just outside the city... you know it?
Original post by inksplodge
Anyone???? HR said they aim to find me a position within 2 weeks?? Anyone heard of this. Thanks

Don't think I've ever heard of anyone getting through fter that to be honest...

Well I'll keep my fingers crossed. Phoned HR dept and they said they manage to get a suitable role 90% of the time, so who knows:confused:
Original post by nokia1792
Thanks for the info... I'm just outside the city... you know it?

I do, I'm just outside the city as well. I wonder if we're in the same store, I know we were recruiting... :biggrin:
Reply 9663
Original post by mug51

Original post by mug51
earliest you can get them is on wednesdays i believe, your dept. manager/team leader will have them if you ask them, that is if HR have handed them out to them.

So the wednesday after pay, meaning if for this month wage slip because tomorows pay i can get it on the 12th next week wednesday?
Reply 9664
Original post by hasm
So the wednesday after pay, meaning if for this month wage slip because tomorows pay i can get it on the 12th next week wednesday?

sorry thats wednesday before payday, so you could get it from yesterday
Reply 9665
Pay day in two hours :biggrin: I usually see my money go in about 1:30am haha
Original post by bubelah
Pay day in two hours :biggrin: I usually see my money go in about 1:30am haha

I can't wait, I love payday :biggrin:.
I think I've just spent half my paycheck through shopping online though...oops. Between that and having to MOT my car, its going to be a poor month. Roll on November payday. :biggrin:
I just got offered a job as a restaurant customer assistant, any one work in that department? Is it good?

Also how easy is it to get more jobs within sainsburys, i.e to make a full working week? And how soon after I start should I apply for these roles?
On a side note its also a bit weird how pay varies from store to store!
Original post by TimesChanging
I just got offered a job as a restaurant customer assistant, any one work in that department? Is it good?

Also how easy is it to get more jobs within sainsburys, i.e to make a full working week? And how soon after I start should I apply for these roles?
On a side note its also a bit weird how pay varies from store to store!

I have a couple of friends who work in the café, so I can only go from what they tell me. :smile: That sort of role sees you being constantly busy, either with customers or (more often than not in my friends case) cleaning.

In terms of getting more roles within Sainsburys, I guess it depends on your store. In my store we are all checkout trained regardless of what department we work in, so there is always opportunity to either do overtime or do contracted hours on the tills. If you talk to your department manager about more roles within the store he/she will be able to help you. And you'll get some brownie points for being so enthusiastic. :wink:
Just got my first payday. I think i got paid correctly. I just calculated Induction 9am-5pm for twodays. then two weekends 14 hrs, 24 & 25th Sept, 1 & 2 October and it's like £40 short. I did forget to clock in on one of the induction days but my trainer said it should be fine, I was also late on the 25th by an hour because of my bus diverted/stopped running and because i work super early hours, it was the moment when nightbuses stopped running and normal buses hadn't started running. (I've moved into my Uni house, it's only a 5 min walk now) But don't they just take away the 1hr you missed? £40 is a lot :frown: ....Thoughts? Who should i talk to about this?
Original post by briesandwich
I have a couple of friends who work in the café, so I can only go from what they tell me. :smile: That sort of role sees you being constantly busy, either with customers or (more often than not in my friends case) cleaning.

In terms of getting more roles within Sainsburys, I guess it depends on your store. In my store we are all checkout trained regardless of what department we work in, so there is always opportunity to either do overtime or do contracted hours on the tills. If you talk to your department manager about more roles within the store he/she will be able to help you. And you'll get some brownie points for being so enthusiastic. :wink:

Thanks for the reply! Ah ok then Im used to cleaning so should be alright! Yeh it quite a big sainsbury's so hopefully they'll have loads of roles!
Reply 9671
Original post by Slapstick
Just got my first payday. I think i got paid correctly. I just calculated Induction 9am-5pm for twodays. then two weekends 14 hrs, 24 & 25th Sept, 1 & 2 October and it's like £40 short. I did forget to clock in on one of the induction days but my trainer said it should be fine, I was also late on the 25th by an hour because of my bus diverted/stopped running and because i work super early hours, it was the moment when nightbuses stopped running and normal buses hadn't started running. (I've moved into my Uni house, it's only a 5 min walk now) But don't they just take away the 1hr you missed? £40 is a lot :frown: ....Thoughts? Who should i talk to about this?

You wont be paid for the 2nd of october in this paycheck, its for next months paycheck.
Original post by DDS
You wont be paid for the 2nd of october in this paycheck, its for next months paycheck.

Ohhhh okay, that makes sense. ...Why is that btw?

Thanks for the reply!
Reply 9673
how much is it per hour for a 17 year old? I think i got paid short and if it is short who do i talk to? and where do i get my wage slip from?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply!

The cut-off is the Saturday before pay day. You'll be paid for the work you do from the Sunday onwards in the following month's wage.

Original post by hasm
how much is it per hour for a 17 year old? I think i got paid short and if it is short who do i talk to? and where do i get my wage slip from?

Thanks

It's £4.89/h for a 17-year-old, unless you've been working for Sainsbury's for over six months, in which case it's £6.54/h. You should be given your pay slip by a team leader or somebody. If they don't give it to you then just ask for it. :smile:
Reply 9675
Original post by Liam6993

Original post by Liam6993
The cut-off is the Saturday before pay day. You'll be paid for the work you do from the Sunday onwards in the following month's wage.

It's £4.89/h for a 17-year-old, unless you've been working for Sainsbury's for over six months, in which case it's £6.54/h. You should be given your pay slip by a team leader or somebody. If they don't give it to you then just ask for it. :smile:

I work sats, suns, and mons. I know i wont get paid for sun and mon this month but what aboout sat? Im £60 short because someone who's done exactly same hours got £60 more than me.
Reply 9676
Original post by hasm
I work sats, suns, and mons. I know i wont get paid for sun and mon this month but what aboout sat? Im £60 short because someone who's done exactly same hours got £60 more than me.

Best to fill in a wage query form and hand it in to HR so they can investigate.

I was underpaid by 6.5 hours once, and handed a wage query form to HR. They said it was because the clocking in and out machine wasn't working.

I got paid the 6.5 hours on the next pay slip.
I got my last pay today and it seems to be short by a fair bit. How do I submit a wage query given I have finished?

Hoping my Payslip may shed some light on it.
Reply 9678

Thanks for the reply!

The saturday before payment week is always the cut off date. not sure why.
Had an interview for night shift two days general store assistant. Seemed pretty good, just not sure of the amount of people who have applied so hopefully I get it! 5 days it is!

Latest

Trending

Trending