The Student Room Group

Eating Disorders and life with one - Discussions, Opinions, Advice.

Scroll to see replies

:hugs:
Basically I should just spoiler this whole thing.

So my periods have now officially stopped. :frown: Even though I haven't even got below

Spoiler

Massive binge

Spoiler

and no purge.

Spoiler

I just couldn't stop it. I can't explain it I just NEEDED the food so much.

I can't get my doctor to send a medical note to uni. It just doesn't get done no matter how many times I phone. At a complete loss :frown:

love you :frown: need a soul hug

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)

Spoiler

I do the same. We'll sort this out hun :frown:
Original post by Cinamon
x

:hugs: I literally can't do much more than that.

When we finally slaughter the horrible voice(s) in our heads and we'll look back and see how strong we've been. All the ladies will be at uni, studying the thing that makes them the happiest, and doing amazingly. And Toto will be married to the most wonderful woman in the world. And DD will understand the musiceese me and Riku ended up talking in about Gilbert and Sullivan.
(edited 12 years ago)
Let me believe that it will happen in the next few years, tbqh, its that, or spending too much time flapping over my blasted PS. Chemistry teacher says its perfect. German teacher has ****ged it off. WHO AM I SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE!!
Reply 1826

Spoiler

Question answer by Amwazicles on Anxiety Support thread but your experience is still welcome : )
(edited 12 years ago)
I haven't posted on this thread for a while, mostly because when I stopped there were a lot of posts which were more "pro-ed" than recovery based, but I had to post now and say now loving and supportive everyone is. :hugs: I'm completely touched by it!

Some bad news, I'm not going to University this year. I had an appointment with the Occupational Health nurse and she deferred my place. So I have an unconditional place for 2012 which I guess is better than reapplying, but I'm still devastated because it was so last minute. :frown:

I didn't know whether to post the following, but I shall.. a girl I knew from the ED services died last Wednesday of a heart attack at 18. She wasn't even at her lowest weight. She was recovering and eating more. :frown: I know it's hard to think, but you deserve to it. It's hard to believe, but you all definitely don't deserve to die which is what it boils down to. Sorry to end that on a really depressing note, but I really want to see such lovely caring people get better! :heart:
Reply 1828
Oh god, Brie, that's awful. My condolences even if you weren't all that close. These things impact upon us hard. As someone who's had heart scares thanks to this b**tard illness I can safely say that age means nothing. It'll strike anyone.

Back from weigh-in and I'm about BMI 16 and 7 stone 3ish... a marginal, marrrrrginal gain! Breaking the BMI 16 barrier is a milestone for me as when I'd started recovery I was at BMI 15; a full point!!
Original post by TotoMimo
Oh god, Brie, that's awful. My condolences even if you weren't all that close. These things impact upon us hard. As someone who's had heart scares thanks to this b**tard illness I can safely say that age means nothing. It'll strike anyone.

Back from weigh-in and I'm about BMI 16 and 7 stone 3ish... a marginal, marrrrrginal gain! Breaking the BMI 16 barrier is a milestone for me as when I'd started recovery I was at BMI 15; a full point!!

I know I'm coming in at the end of the thread but I genuinely hope you get better soon Totomimo <3
Original post by TotoMimo

And you should be proud of yourself. Well done. Every point will bring you closer to happiness and love for yourself, hopefully.
My eating disorder is pretty mild, and has nothing to do with my self image really, I just cannot eat cooked vegetables or vegetables in general. However I eat far better than I used to, for a long time my diet was chocolate, crisps and coke. Of course nowadays I eat loads of apples, at least 2 every day. I rarely have proper meals though, instead preferring snacks throughout the day.
Reply 1832
Jessie, Anon, thank you so much for your incredibly kind and sweet words towards me. I thoroughly appreciate it although I reflect and extend the same sentiments to you and everyone else struggling on the thread.

Befuddled, sounds to me as though you're either on an ED-teetering point so please be careful! Food isn't the enemy! Though the fact you recognise your follies is a good thing; part of the problem is letting ED take a hold of you without you realising.
Reply 1833

Spoiler

I'm sorry, I just feel like a fraud in the midst of people going through genuine life difficulties : (
Original post by Riku

Spoiler

I'm sorry, I just feel like a fraud in the midst of people going through genuine life difficulties : (

you're not a fraud. if it causes you pain then it's a real problem.
Original post by briesandwich

I didn't know whether to post the following, but I shall.. a girl I knew from the ED services died last Wednesday of a heart attack at 18. She wasn't even at her lowest weight. She was recovering and eating more. :frown: I know it's hard to think, but you deserve to it. It's hard to believe, but you all definitely don't deserve to die which is what it boils down to. Sorry to end that on a really depressing note, but I really want to see such lovely caring people get better! :heart:

Im so sorry to hear this.

Someone I distantly know has died from oesophageal rupture due to purging.

She had been bulimic for 5 years previously. Even though I didnt even know her too well, its still just so shocking.
(edited 12 years ago)
This sounds awful but I wish...

Spoiler

Things have been going relatively well, in this mucked-up sphere I inhabit. I seem to have recovered a little bit of the passion I had for cooking; I've kinda got my inspiration back again. To the point where, for moments at least, I'm not thinking of food in an anxiety-ridden way, but rather genuinely looking forward to making AND eating something! Woo!

Spoiler

Riku

I have felt exactly the same way so many times. But that way of thinking is just a justification for not getting any help or support and letting it get worse. Just because the physical side/element/expression/whatever isn't as strong doesn't mean that the mental element isn't there. EDs are mental illnesses first and foremost.

Reading that back, it sounds a little bit harsh but I don't know how else to word it. I've thought that same way and it's just led to me denying the problem entirely, ignoring the fact that it's not a normal way to think and getting much worse. It's such a slippery slope.

Reply 1838

Spoiler

I have felt exactly the same way so many times. But that way of thinking is just a justification for not getting any help or support and letting it get worse. Just because the physical side/element/expression/whatever isn't as strong doesn't mean that the mental element isn't there. EDs are mental illnesses first and foremost.

Reading that back, it sounds a little bit harsh but I don't know how else to word it. I've thought that same way and it's just led to me denying the problem entirely, ignoring the fact that it's not a normal way to think and getting much worse. It's such a slippery slope.

Spoiler

Started getting heartburn/chest pains/ again too, and that "can't breathe" feeling. Whether it's weight loss from not quite eating enough or forgetting to take meds/severe anxiety I don't know. Anybody else ever had/frequently have these sensations?The cardiologist said something about skinnier people being able to feel all the sensations more from thinner chest walls and therefore I'm better to be at the higher end of BMI or in his words "have some more meat on me", but docs etc. keep telling me I'm at a healthy weight...

Spoiler

Reply 1839
Original post by raspberryruffle
you're not a fraud. if it causes you pain then it's a real problem.

Thank you. It does, but God knows how much more it's causing my friends and family.

Quick Reply

Latest