The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What do you guys think, will Galaxy S2 be updated for ice cream sandwich? I need a new phone now but i'm unsure whether i should go for the gs2 or wait a bit longer for the nexus prime? i'm guessing i'll just have to wait for the 11th to find out..!
Reply 5981
Anyone know if theres new htc coming soon? Im due an upgrade in january (planning ahead eh? :laugh: ). Im thinking of moving over to nexus but i love sense :biggrin:
I never did buy myself that Nexus One :moon:
:party: It's my four hour anniversary with my shiny new HTC Sensation :party:
:ahee: :love: :ahee: :awesome: :ahee: :woo: :ahee:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Vixen47

Original post by Vixen47
:party: It's my four hour anniversary with my shiny new HTC Sensation :party:
:ahee: :love: :ahee: :awesome: :ahee: :woo: :ahee:

lol
Hi there, I have a HTC Legend and was just wondering if there was a way to back up my text messages on my computer? I have HTC Sync installed but doesn't seem like there is an option for it... Sure there must be a way to do it as I could transfer my text messages from my old samsung soul to my computer. It is just that last time my phone started filling up with messages it deleted all my messages from all my contacts completely randomly without warning.
Reply 5986
Original post by Favourite Worst Nightmare
Hi there, I have a HTC Legend and was just wondering if there was a way to back up my text messages on my computer? I have HTC Sync installed but doesn't seem like there is an option for it... Sure there must be a way to do it as I could transfer my text messages from my old samsung soul to my computer. It is just that last time my phone started filling up with messages it deleted all my messages from all my contacts completely randomly without warning.

Download sms backup from the android market
My very first android phone should be arriving tomorrow. :biggrin: Bought the Galaxy S2 after eyeing it up for months waiting for my contract to end! :tongue:
Original post by hassi94
My very first android phone should be arriving tomorrow. :biggrin: Bought the Galaxy S2 after eyeing it up for months waiting for my contract to end! :tongue:

Welcome to the group! :smile:
Would TSR work with Tapatalk?
So ice cream sandwich and nexus prime have been postponed for a few weeks.. i guess this means i'm ordering the galaxy s2 then, probably couldn't have afforded the nexus on release day anyway :p:
Reply 5991
Original post by keepoffthelawn
So ice cream sandwich and nexus prime have been postponed for a few weeks.. i guess this means i'm ordering the galaxy s2 then, probably couldn't have afforded the nexus on release day anyway :p:

you're better off waiting a few weeks and seeing what the prices are like, or get one of the new htc beats phone. I was working at the launch for the htc sensation xl and it looks so nice
Original post by st_23

Original post by st_23
you're better off waiting a few weeks and seeing what the prices are like, or get one of the new htc beats phone. I was working at the launch for the htc sensation xl and it looks so nice

haha too late i just bought it on amazon! :biggrin: my old phones been dying on me and im desperate for a shiny new replacement.. i think this will keep me happy for a while :smile:
Anyone on here have the s2? What's it like? Have samsung rectified the problem's that appeared in the first one regarding the slow OS and GPS not working?

I'm so close to getting an S2. I was torn between that and the Sensation but the S2 is just more aesthetically pleasing
Reply 5994
I had the galaxy s one, and now the galaxy s 2,and also the sensation.

The galaxy s 2 is better, it's more pleasing. The sensation just works better tho its more functional.

I'd still get the galaxy to coz its just sexier
Original post by itsmyname
Anyone on here have the s2? What's it like? Have samsung rectified the problem's that appeared in the first one regarding the slow OS and GPS not working?

I'm so close to getting an S2. I was torn between that and the Sensation but the S2 is just more aesthetically pleasing

The S2 is far better than the sensation and it's GPS is flawless. It tells me which way I'm facing on a street! It's my first smartphone so maybe that's the same with all smartphones but regarding this GPS issue it works fine.

OS is brilliant and interface is great too. The back cover looks cheap but then you find out it will not scratch like other phones do.
Original post by F_shakeey

It tells me which way I'm facing on a street

lol, my Hero does that. Comes in handy.
Original post by + polarity -
lol, my Hero does that. Comes in handy.

Indeed it does :yes:

Like I said new I was new to the whole smartphone thing so for me it was like :awesome: when I was in the middle of oxford street
Reply 5998
The S2 is far better than the sensation and it's GPS is flawless. It tells me which way I'm facing on a street! It's my first smartphone so maybe that's the same with all smartphones but regarding this GPS issue it works fine.

OS is brilliant and interface is great too. The back cover looks cheap but then you find out it will not scratch like other phones do.

really because my one never seems to lock on or just takes forever to do it

in fact the gps seems better on my hero
Original post by st_23
really because my one never seems to lock on or just takes forever to do it

in fact the gps seems better on my hero

Maybe it's just your phone? :s-smilie: I don't know but honestly my phone's GPS is the thing it helps me so much :awesome:

I traded my first S2 in since it got so damn hot for no apparent reason and my second one seems to be perfect :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending