The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Phalanges
I'd be very surprised if I saw a worse film this year than Real Steel. Seriously, don't even consider spending money on it.

From the advert on the bus I saw, I'm shocked you wasted the time and money on it.
Original post by Phalanges
I'd be very surprised if I saw a worse film this year than Real Steel. Seriously, don't even consider spending money on it.

I was put off by the trailer, so I'm not gonna waste my money anyways :tongue:
Called it. :pierre:

There's a robot boxing film coming out as well. It's literally Transformers meets Rocky. So we take the most boring aspect of Transformers and we make a movie about it. You can just imagine the internal struggles robots go through in a boxing match.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Jace Falco

Original post by Jace Falco
From the advert on the bus I saw, I'm shocked you wasted the time and money on it.

I didn't have to pay to see it and I needed to review it, so I went out of morbid curiosity really. :p:

It's so hilariously bad that we were laughing for most of the film. There's a section at the end when one of the fighting robots gets tired. The only good bit was that one of the product placements (and there was so many adverts, I felt like my eyes were being raped) was for an Xbox 720, which I thought was kind of cool.
Reply 4464
Going to see The Lion King 3D tomorrow. N.O.S.T.A.L.G.I.A. :moon:
Maybe one day I'll watch The Lion King. Haven't yet. :pierre:
Reply 4466
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

:eek:

What is this madness?
Reply 4467

:shock: What?

In other news, I watched Doubt yesterday. The movie was quite good - you can see the clear links between it and the stage, and thus understand why lovers of the play might have disliked it - but the acting was, for the most part, fantastic imo. Meryl Streep seems to be able to play just about anything. :coma:
Reply 4468

Ape, stop trying to be controversial. :P

Nice attempt, though. I still haven't watched The Godfather. Beat that!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4469
:creep:
anyone gonna see the Three musketeers? I slightly want to cos of the cast, bit put off by it being in 3D though
Saw Johnny English today.

It is what it is.

I miss Boff.
Is Boff not in it?

Forget that.

And I also ahve not seen The Godfather and I have no intention to.
So no The Lion King and two people haven't watched the Godfather. Anybody else want to come forward and confess? :pierre:

Original post by Guvnor
:creep:

Hello stranger. How are you faring?

Original post by cambo211

It is what it is.

I miss Boff.

Is it funny? Compared to the first film anyway. I liked the humour in the first film.
So no The Lion King and two people haven't watched the Godfather. Anybody else want to come forward and confess? :pierre:

Is it funny? Compared to the first film anyway. I liked the humour in the first film.

It wasn't quite as funny.

There are certainly a few bits that genuinely made me laugh.
Reply 4475
i haven't seen Titanic or Jews.
Reply 4476

I have never seen the Matrix.
Reply 4477

I'm good my friend just really busy these days, how are you doing ?
Original post by cambo211

It is what it is.

I miss Boff.
I saw Johnny English Reborn a couple of days ago, and it wasn't exactly enjoyable. But I totally agree with you, Atkinson and Miller made a pretty decent combo in the first film.

I still remember that graveyard scene from the first one. :laugh:
Saw Drive. Was good.

Also saw Charade and Layer Cake. The former was an exceptionally well-crafted comic thriller in the vein of North By Northwest (not surprised it's always mistaken for a Hitchcock film) and the latter was great until a terrible, contrived ending that would have ruined a lesser film.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending