The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Current UCL students' chat thread!

Scroll to see replies

Sucks to be you, freshers in the Science Library waiting in enormous queues for computers; you'll never discover the Ingold Cluster, about two thirds full at the moment :colone:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 1621
I love the Ingold cluster. Right next to my halls in first year (for those days when the two extra minutes to the main library was just too much...)
Reply 1622
"There are actually great French universities, for example École Normale Superieure - and the rest I can't pronounce."
- a speaker at "This House Would Privatise UCL" tonight
Original post by Ivanka
"There are actually great French universities, for example École Normale Superieure - and the rest I can't pronounce."
- a speaker at "This House Would Privatise UCL" tonight

I thought the chairman Mao guy was hilarious!
Reply 1624
Original post by Noodlzzz
I thought the chairman Mao guy was hilarious!

Oh, you were there, too? :smile: Yeah, the Mao guy was amazing, when he came to the microphone, I and the guy next to me blew off with the words, "This is so thematical" :biggrin:
Lol. I was drunk when writing that, you may have been able to tell :sigh:
Reply 1626
Original post by rockrunride

Hey. Not to pick at your wounds, but if I'm remembering right, did you fail a module when you were on your YA? What happened? I literally understand nothing in my lectures and so I'm preparing to fail everything come Christmas :s-smilie: Sorry to doubt your skills if you didn't actually fail anything, haha.
I went to UCL last week with my college's academic academy, for educational stuff etc, you can imagine.

It was amazing. I loved it so much, I loved the buildings, the busyness, the feel and everything. I even saw the hospital which looks amamznsmandjdjdjebdj.

I so want to apply there for medicine, <3

The Grant Zoology museum is also über cool. I found it really interesting, in a non creepy way (pickled remains of extinct animals yum)
Reply 1628
Original post by AspiringGenius
I went to UCL last week with my college's academic academy, for educational stuff etc, you can imagine.

It was amazing. I loved it so much, I loved the buildings, the busyness, the feel and everything. I even saw the hospital which looks amamznsmandjdjdjebdj.

I so want to apply there for medicine, <3

The Grant Zoology museum is also über cool. I found it really interesting, in a non creepy way (pickled remains of extinct animals yum)

Glad you enjoyed it :smile:
Reply 1629
I keep getting lost everywhere aohfsoghsdohgodghodhgoshgoghodagh
Reply 1630
Original post by Hhanr

I still get lost and I'm a second year :p:
I still get lost and I'm a fourth year.
I still get lost and I had directions from the route finder.

Damned SSEES not accepting my ID card and being a small maze to navigate through.
Reply 1633
Original post by Hhanr

I'm fine with the campus, but I can't tell one end of Russell Square from another :sigh:

Also, are the freshers' events uniformly a bit **** and overpriced every year? I've had far more fun just going to random clubs/bars/socials as opposed to at the specific freshers' nights, and I have legitimately no idea why I even bothered buying tickets :tongue:
Original post by kerily

Also, are the freshers' events uniformly a bit **** and overpriced every year? I've had far more fun just going to random clubs/bars/socials as opposed to at the specific freshers' nights, and I have legitimately no idea why I even bothered buying tickets :tongue:

I concur
Original post by kerily
I'm fine with the campus, but I can't tell one end of Russell Square from another :sigh:

Hint on Russell Square: the giant ornate hotel is on the east side.

And yes. There used to be a popular official event (Club Neon) but they then made it **** by putting it in random places in South London and inviting all and sundry to it.
Reply 1636
Does any Fresher feel like me?

Basically, I'm here and I love it immensely, I've made friends, people are lovely in general and the whole community is vibrant and I'm never bored. However, I sometimes feel a bit awkward. There are so many clever people and there are so many Britons. I'm not saying that this is bad, but that makes me feel a bit uncertain sometimes. Loads of people speak better Spanish than I do (obviously the same with English) and they are generally better than me in other fronts. Yesterday, we had to write a resume in pairs - unfortunately, I misunderstood the teacher's words, so my partner was very desperate with me and I feel that when I was presenting our work, she was very upset and the teacher wasn't immensely impressed. Besides, the teachers remind us, "This is what you know from A-levels...", etc., whereas I haven't done A-levels at all, so I don't know these things. Another cringeworthy moment from last week's conversation...

a guy: "So, how good is your written English?"
me: "Do you mean how well I did at IELTS Writing?"
the guy: "No, I mean how good your essays in English are."
me: "I've never written an essay in my life. We just don't where I come from."
the guy: *rolling his eyes* "So... How are you going to cope with the workload?"

Is there anyone doing or having done Spanish? As well as any essayish subject? I would appreciate a little guidance before the Writing Laboratory opens, so I am even prepared for drafts... By the way, how approachable are Spanish tutors and other tutors in general? If I turned up and said to them, "I've never written an essay but I'd like to improve my skills to a sufficient level. What would you recommend me to do?", how would they react?
Original post by rockrunride
Sucks to be you, freshers in the Science Library waiting in enormous queues for computers; you'll never discover the Ingold Cluster, about two thirds full at the moment :colone:

Do you mean the Chemistry cluster? We've been trying to make it chem only for years now :p: though I now have my own computer, at a desk!! (one of the only joys of being a master's student..)
Reply 1638
Original post by Couldxbe
Do you mean the Chemistry cluster? We've been trying to make it chem only for years now :p: though I now have my own computer, at a desk!! (one of the only joys of being a master's student..)

High five! Even though I'm never really there anymore haha~
How bad is the gower place practice? I've heard some really bad reviews and am thinking of changing GP to the one on museum street.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending