The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
So no The Lion King and two people haven't watched the Godfather. Anybody else want to come forward and confess? :pierre:

To hell with it!

I have never seen any of the Godfather films and I've only seen the 1932 Scarface

Phew, that feels much better...
Reply 4481
Hmm let me think,

I haven't seen Inception, The Dark Knight or any of the Back To The Future films.
Original post by Colonel.
Is Boff not in it?

Forget that.

And I also ahve not seen The Godfather and I have no intention to.

This is the new 'boff'.

He is nowhere near as good. On reflection Johnny English Reborn was pretty crap.
Original post by Kolya
i haven't seen Titanic or Jews.

You've never seen a Jew?
Original post by cambo211

This is the new 'boff'.

He is nowhere near as good. On reflection Johnny English Reborn was pretty crap.

A black Boff? A Bloff?

Controversial
Reply 4485
Why is Johnny English Reborn getting bad reviews :frown: ?
A black Boff? A Bloff?

Controversial

His name is Tucker.

And i actually can't remember a single thing he did in the entire film.
Original post by kidoo
Why is Johnny English Reborn getting bad reviews :frown: ?

Because it really is quite poor.
Reply 4488
Because it really is quite poor.

Care to elaborate without ruining the plot?
Original post by kidoo
Care to elaborate without ruining the plot?

There is no plot to ruin.

That's the major problem.
His name is Tucker.

And i actually can't remember a single thing he did in the entire film.

After Chris Tucker? This film sounds like racist propaganda.
Original post by Pi!
I have never seen the Matrix.

what were you watching in the early 2000s' : o
Reply 4492
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
So no The Lion King and two people haven't watched the Godfather. Anybody else want to come forward and confess? :pierre:

No, not really. :ninja: I'm working on/through it. :biggrin:

Seeing as someone mentioned Scarface, what are people's thoughts on the new remake being planned?

Also, Tyrannosaur is getting good initial reviews. That's another one I'm really looking forward to watching this year.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4493

You've never seen a Jew?
I meant Jaws of course. I haven't seen Jaws. I have seen Schindler's List (on 35mm even).
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4494
Original post by Phalanges

Original post by Phalanges
Yeah, I think we're pretty spoiled in TV with the amount of high-budget spectacles going on at the minute. This year feels like I've transitioned from Boardwalk Empire to Game of Thrones to Borgias with very small gaps in between.

If the new trend in TV quality continues, will the movie industry end up changing the kind of movies it makes?
Original post by Kolya
If the new trend in TV quality continues, will the movie industry end up changing the kind of movies it makes?

It'll have to.
Original post by Kolya

Original post by Kolya

I don't think so. TV is largely stepping up in quality because it's trying to emulate films by increasing production values, the quality of actors and so on. The only real difference between something like Game of Thrones and a fantasy blockbuster is the extended narrative that a TV show can afford to have, and that's never going to be feasible for films to try and copy.
Reply 4497
It seems to me a real shame that Jim Carey doesn't do many more serious films. I recently watched both The Truman Show and ESotSM and he was brilliant in both - far better than when he plays goofy in comedy films.
Original post by Kolya
It seems to me a real shame that Jim Carey doesn't do many more serious films. I recently watched both The Truman Show and ESotSM and he was brilliant in both - far better than when he plays goofy in comedy films.

Certainly agree with this.

He is brilliant in a few of his comedy films however but the majority are just awful.
Original post by Abiraleft

Seeing as someone mentioned Scarface, what are people's thoughts on the new remake being planned?

Both previous Scarface films have been similar stories set in different eras and I think that's what they're going for here again. It's kind of pointless and yet another sign of the 'creative bankruptcy of Hollywood', but it's not going to ruin the other two films. The story is essentially a twentieth century parable about a poor immigrant (either Italian or Cuban depending on the version) in America is drawn to a gang and makes it big through criminal activity until he loses everything he cared about. No doubt this could apply to any time period and a 21st century version is easily possible (especially following the success of other things like The Wire)

(Of course if it is a straight up remake of the Pacino film (and with the amount of 80s films being remade that isn't entirely unlikely) then forget what I said about it being harmless. It will be terrible)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending