The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by st_23
really because my one never seems to lock on or just takes forever to do it

in fact the gps seems better on my hero

I've never had that problem with GPS on my S2 works prefect for me :smile:
Reply 6001
Original post by F_shakeey
Maybe it's just your phone? :s-smilie: I don't know but honestly my phone's GPS is the thing it helps me so much :awesome:

I traded my first S2 in since it got so damn hot for no apparent reason and my second one seems to be perfect :smile:

Original post by FinalMH
I've never had that problem with GPS on my S2 works prefect for me :smile:

maybe its because i tend to use gps in london where there are tall buildings but it just seems to take ages to lock on

my s2 gets really hot when playing some games, for some reason one of the worst is tetris
Original post by st_23

Original post by st_23
for some reason one of the worst is tetris

It can be a very taxing game.
Original post by st_23
maybe its because i tend to use gps in london where there are tall buildings but it just seems to take ages to lock on

my s2 gets really hot when playing some games, for some reason one of the worst is tetris

I live in London.... and i use it mostly in central London ?

and yeah the battery does get hot I have experience that :laugh: playing games .
Reply 6004
Original post by FinalMH
I live in London.... and i use it mostly in central London ?

and yeah the battery does get hot I have experience that :laugh: playing games .

maybe its just my phone, i have to send it off anyway as the screen is cracked so maybe i will mention them to check that too

mine gets really hot just below the camera
Original post by st_23

Well I used mine right in the middle of Oxford street yet it worked perfect :s-smilie:

Yeah thats normal, lol is it the gameloft Tetris?
For some reason my HTC Legend keeps crashing and being general slow. I've only just factory reset it and I don't have obessive amounts of apps, texts ect. Anyone got any ideas?
Minecraft for android has been released :smile:
Original post by G8D
Turns out the last Ice Cream video I posted was likely faked.

There was also a guy who bought a Nexus S off e-bay only to find out it had ICS but then google remote locked and wiped it. i wouldve been smarter and turned on airplane mode or smth just to keep it.
Very clever, Google. :smug:
Anyone know when Gingerbread 2.3.4 officially comes out?
Yeah, my Android version is 2.3.5 :s-smilie:
Original post by + polarity -
Yeah, my Android version is 2.3.5 :s-smilie:

HTC haven't updated mine which means I still have 2.2.1 Froyo. If only my warranty expire now, I can root my phone to CM7
Original post by cRaZyChIcKeNfLu

Original post by cRaZyChIcKeNfLu
HTC haven't updated mine which means I still have 2.2.1 Froyo. If only my warranty expire now, I can root my phone to CM7

I rooted my phone about 2 days after I bought it :dontknow:
Original post by Doughnuts!!
Anyone know when Gingerbread 2.3.4 officially comes out?

Been out for quite a while, updated my S2 to 2.3.4. a while back. Battery life way better and swype is awesome now.

Some rooters have 2.3.6. already although it will soon be unnecessary which version you have when ice cream sandwich comes out :colonhash:
Original post by G8D
Anyone know much about the Orange Mote Carlo?
Is it similar to the San Fran in that it's easily unlockable and less importantly rootable?

How much was your San Fran?

Free on contract, £15 a month, unlimited texts, 500MB internet, 100 mins :smile:
Been out for quite a while, updated my S2 to 2.3.4. a while back. Battery life way better and swype is awesome now.

Some rooters have 2.3.6. already although it will soon be unnecessary which version you have when ice cream sandwich comes out :colonhash:

How do you update it? My S2 is still 2.3.3 and whenever I search for updates it says that it hasn't found any. :s-smilie:
The S2 is far better than the sensation and it's GPS is flawless. It tells me which way I'm facing on a street! It's my first smartphone so maybe that's the same with all smartphones but regarding this GPS issue it works fine.

OS is brilliant and interface is great too. The back cover looks cheap but then you find out it will not scratch like other phones do.

I was playing about with it in a carphone warehouse store. It wouldn't lock onto GPS. I really am hoping it was because it was indoors, because I would want to use the GPS alot. Would be utterly pissed if I bought it and have such a simple thing as GPS failing all the time, cos the rest of the phone is just jizzworthy
Original post by Doughnuts!!
How do you update it? My S2 is still 2.3.3 and whenever I search for updates it says that it hasn't found any. :s-smilie:

I think you need to use KIES (Samsung software for PC).

Failing that, and if you're up with technical stuff, go on xda-developers and get a custom ROM. (Warning: rooting required.)
Original post by G8D
Oh, I thought you were PAYG :frown:

Thanks though :smile:

Nah I send too many texts to ever be PAYG

Latest

Trending

Trending