The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7720
Original post by PawprintsOnPaper
Alright. For my GCSE ( well, not exactly GCSE. I'm from Singapore so I took GCE- O levels)
I took
>english - A2
>Mathematics - A2
>Chemistry - A2
> Combined Humanities - B3
> Physics - B3
>Additional Mathematics- B4

AS levels -
Biology - A
Chemistry - B ( but resitting one paper ) expcted grade is A
Mathematics - A
Business Studies - C
English - ( no defined grade yet )

It would be a bit risky applying for Imperial with AAB at AS. Especially with the B in Chemistry. I'm assuming you are getting an AAA prediction? Kings and St Georges should be okay from my point of view. You should ask Penguinsaysquack if you want extra information on Barts. :smile:
Original post by Vulpes
It would be a bit risky applying for Imperial with AAB at AS. Especially with the B in Chemistry. I'm assuming you are getting an AAA prediction? Kings and St Georges should be okay from my point of view. You should ask Penguinsaysquack if you want extra information on Barts. :smile:

Okay, thanks ! :biggrin: well, yes, actually for all of the 5 as subjects i have an expected grade of A. :smile:
Original post by Vulpes

I don't see why Imperial will be any more of a risk than other medical schools, have they changed to using AS results in selection now?
Also I'm assuming if by ucas score average, they meant UKCAT average, it might be a bit low for KCL or St George's, seeing as St Georges are now apparently using UKCAT cut offs too.
Does anyone know anything about the selection for interviews process in Lancaster Medical School?
WHY won't my school send off the application yet? How long does it take to write references!!! >_<
Reply 7725
Where should I apply?

I have
5A*, and 5A's in GCSE

My AS grades aren't great, but I'm resitting.
Geo - A (dropped)
Maths - A
Further Maths - B
Chem - B (3UMS points from an A)
Bio - C (2UMS points from a B)

However, I'm predicted 3A's for A-Levels.

Got 622 for my UKCAT.
Reply 7726
Original post by EternalDoom
WHY won't my school send off the application yet? How long does it take to write references!!! >_<

I know what you mean. I sent mine to my referee two weeks ago. :confused:
Received acknowledgement from Kings :zomg:

(At 19:32...which is an odd time for a Saturday!)
Reply 7728
Original post by EternalDoom

I feel your pain, my school's the same :sigh:
Original post by cz100

Original post by cz100
I feel your pain, my school's the same :sigh:

More than likely your school is waiting for the rest of the people to submit their applications. :unsure:
Original post by Joseppea

Oooh, exciting times :colone:

No acknowledgements for me yet, was sent off to universities on Monday.
Original post by Joseppea

SAME!! :zomg:

(But I got mine at 19:31!! :tongue:)
Reply 7732
Original post by NutterFrutter
More than likely your school is waiting for the rest of the people to submit their applications. :unsure:

Our teacher made all early applicants submit their applications by friday 30th sept.
Original post by cz100

Original post by cz100
Our teacher made all early applicants submit their applications by friday 30th sept.

Teachers are lazy then. :teehee:
Reply 7734
Original post by NutterFrutter
Teachers are lazy then. :teehee:

Just one teacher. He made all other teachers send him their part of the references about 2 weeks before we sent our applications.
Reply 7735
... I didn't know Robinsons was a brand for concentrates... :puke:

:frown::frown::frown:
Original post by Vulpes

:hmmmm:

Edit: Oh, I see - I too have made the mistake of drinking a concentrate of juice...:zomg:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by spoinkytheduck
SAME!! :zomg:

(But I got mine at 19:31!! :tongue:)

I was not expecting a reply that quickly...I only sent it yesterday! :zomg:
Reply 7738
Original post by Vulpes

:lol: The problem arises when you pour too much squash into the glass and realise there is not enough room left to add the water.
Reply 7739
whats a fairly decent ukcat score?

Latest

Trending

Trending