The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rohitbd
Haha same my nails are taking a beating, I cannot imagine whats going to happen if I get interviews and I haven't even sent mine off yet

its really bad.

3 nights in a row now, ive woken up worrying about whther i've misspelled something, or entered a detail wrong, or if they were actually wrong in the personal statement help section and my ps will actually show up as plagiarised :eek:

could somebody who has used the ps help section reassure me that this wont happen???
Original post by laurie:)
its really bad.

3 nights in a row now, ive woken up worrying about whther i've misspelled something, or entered a detail wrong, or if they were actually wrong in the personal statement help section and my ps will actually show up as plagiarised :eek:

could somebody who has used the ps help section reassure me that this wont happen???

I'm paranoid that I've spelt something wrong or missed a space between words....though I checked thoroughly beforehand and noone that reviewed it picked up on any mistakes. :colondollar:

Also, I think I remember reading on UCAS that they contact you if they think you've copied something from somewhere, obviously certain phrases are going to come up in just about every medicine PS as there are so many applicants and most share similar reasons for wanting to go into it. As long as you know in your heart that you haven't actively copied anything, they've no reason to catch you out. :smile:
Original post by Joseppea
I'm paranoid that I've spelt something wrong or missed a space between words....though I checked thoroughly beforehand and noone that reviewed it picked up on any mistakes. :colondollar:

Also, I think I remember reading on UCAS that they contact you if they think you've copied something from somewhere, obviously certain phrases are going to come up in just about every medicine PS as there are so many applicants and most share similar reasons for wanting to go into it. As long as you know in your heart that you haven't actively copied anything, they've no reason to catch you out. :smile:

i've asked for my application sent back to me twice now, i get so paranoid about it.

and i know i havent deliberately copied anybody, im just really scared cause i put my ps into the ps help section and eventhough they say its secure, i'm still really really nervous, because thats just the way i am :redface:
Original post by laurie:)
i've asked for my application sent back to me twice now, i get so paranoid about it.

and i know i havent deliberately copied anybody, im just really scared cause i put my ps into the ps help section and eventhough they say its secure, i'm still really really nervous, because thats just the way i am :redface:

UCAS are aware of us - did you not see TSR sat in UCAS HQ on results day on all the major news channels? We have dealt with UCAS regarding plagiarism queries before, but there has never been one resulting from someone letting us review their PS.
Original post by Becca-Sarah
UCAS are aware of us - did you not see TSR sat in UCAS HQ on results day on all the major news channels? We have dealt with UCAS regarding plagiarism queries before, but there has never been one resulting from someone letting us review their PS.

ahhh, thats some reassuring news :smile:

it just felt too good to be true :redface: and bad things always seem to happen to me!

I sent my PS via private message to someone on TSR (stupid I know) - will my PS come up as plagarised on UCAS and if so what will I do I'm so worried about it :frown: I was just desperate to have someone look at it I forgot about plagarism..
Original post by rohitbd
Hey my application is nearly finished but cannot decide on my fourth choice, between birmingham (through A2B) or peninsula.

I really like birmingham but think of it as a big risk, and I don't really know too many people who got through the a2b scheme.

My app so far is:
GCSE :4A*s 3As
Alevels predictions : A*A*A* + A*(EP) , with chem bio and maths at A in AS and phyiscs at a B
UKCAT: vr550 qr720 ar690 da760 avg 680
Wrk exp/Volunteering:2 weeks in hospital, weekly nursing hme, weekly primary school, weekly charity shop in hospital

Choices so far:
leicester
manchester
barts
peninsula/birmingham

Can some one please recommend me on what to do, because I've left my app so late and think I might be at a disadvantage

Tbh I think you should go for Peninsula as I think it takes into account more of your strengths that does b'ham :smile: good luck
Original post by SylveeDiggs
I sent my PS via private message to someone on TSR (stupid I know) - will my PS come up as plagarised on UCAS and if so what will I do I'm so worried about it :frown: I was just desperate to have someone look at it I forgot about plagarism..

That entirely depends who you PM'd. If they have borrowed part of it, or showed it to others who have borrowed parts, then it might come up on the plagiarism check. This is why you're all encouraged not to PM your statement to random people on the internet who may not be who they say they are, and instead use the secure PS Help forums.
That entirely depends who you PM'd. If they have borrowed part of it, or showed it to others who have borrowed parts, then it might come up on the plagiarism check. This is why you're all encouraged not to PM your statement to random people on the internet who may not be who they say they are, and instead use the secure PS Help forums.

They are a medical student from Romania. And yeah I was very stupid. If they don't copy it will my ps still come up as plagarised?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by SylveeDiggs
They are a medical student for Romania. And yeah I was very stupid. If they don't copy it will my ps still come up as plagarised?

No, the PM system here is pretty secure and isn't cached by google, so that should be safe.
No, the PM system here is pretty secure and isn't cached by google, so that should be safe.

Thanks. Phew I'm never risking my future like that again, thank you..
Reply 7851
Got my acknowledgement email from UCAS today. :eek:
Reply 7852
would someone with an A*A*A* prediction be favoured over someone with an A*AA prediction?
Reply 7853
Original post by effy94
would someone with an A*A*A* prediction be favoured over someone with an A*AA prediction?

No.
Original post by effy94

Original post by Besakt
No.

For BATL yes.
Reply 7855
Original post by Besakt
No.

Possibly yes for Barts :wink:
Reply 7856
Original post by Revent
Possibly yes for Barts :wink:

The majority don't then. :redface:
Whos sent off their ucas? only one person had sent off theirs today from our school...damn am so nervous.
Reply 7858
Original post by Hanz_a93
Whos sent off their ucas? only one person had sent off theirs today from our school...damn am so nervous.

Me.
Reply 7859
Original post by Hanz_a93

ME ME aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa . did it today!!! so nervous! also changed my predictions from A* in chem to A , because i dont think i would be able to achieve an A* offer . now applying with A*AAA (biol. chem, maths, history) plus welsh bac

Latest

Trending

Trending