The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3780
Original post by WalkerPrince
Fair enough. For me it's always been LSE and Cambridge at the top, almost equal. I see what you mean though, the student satisfaction rate and the undergrad teaching staff have such bad reputations.

It has been for me too, but it's the most oversubscribed. The only reason I swapped it out for Nottingham is that I'm not 100% sure I wouldn't mind having a gap year and since I'm more likely to get an offer from Nottingham it would be good to have a bit of a back-up just in case! If Nottingham is my only offer or I get no offers then providing I get the grades (and decide to have a gap year), when I reapply LSE will be one of my choices.
Original post by Tateco
Cam, UCL, Warwick, Bath, Notts :smile: Decided not to bother with LSE... You?

But it has a lot more places for economics students than some colleges so surely it warrants the extra applicants?

Yes I agree but I Have a feeling there will be 1 to 9 applicants this year. I think it will have the highest applicant to places out of all of the colleges in cambridge
Reply 3782
Original post by letmewin94
Yes I agree but I Have a feeling there will be 1 to 9 applicants this year. I think it will have the highest applicant to places out of all of the colleges in cambridge

Seriously? :s-smilie: It would have to have sooo many applicants for it to have the highest ratio, some colleges only have 3-5 places, Homerton has around 10...

http://i55.tinypic.com/ekrfgx.png
Reply 3783
Original post by Tateco
Seriously? :s-smilie: It would have to have sooo many applicants for it to have the highest ratio, some colleges only have 3-5 places, Homerton has around 10...

That table has made me so so depressed now!
Original post by Tateco

Trust me. It will have the highest applicant to places at Cambridge. People will be mislead by the data and everyone will start applying there. Only to find out that there will be 9 people competing for one place or around 10% chance of getting in.
HI! :biggrin:

I'm applying to Cambridge (St Catz), LSE, Warwick, Nottingham and Bristol :biggrin:
AS: AAAAA
A Level Predictions: A*A*A*A*A*
GCSEs: 11A*

This is my first post on this thread, but I remember seeing before that there was some sort of interview discussion forum (or website?)? It was linked on the first post by Tateco, I can't find it :s-smilie: I wanted to join in! If anyone could link it, that would be helpful :excited:

:ciao:
Reply 3786
Original post by fredbol
That table has made me so so depressed now!

It shouldn't. The competitiveness of the college shouldn't make any difference to whether or not you get in
Reply 3787
Original post by blink18254
HI! :biggrin:

I'm applying to Cambridge (St Catz), LSE, Warwick, Nottingham and Bristol :biggrin:
AS: AAAAA
A Level Predictions: A*A*A*A*A*
GCSEs: 11A*

This is my first post on this thread, but I remember seeing before that there was some sort of interview discussion forum (or website?)? It was linked on the first post by Tateco, I can't find it :s-smilie: I wanted to join in! If anyone could link it, that would be helpful :excited:

:ciao:

That sort of fell through :colondollar: Me and Groat were the only ones discussing on there :wink:

What's your UMS like by the way? And good choices!
Reply 3788
How much of an emphasis do LSE put on the teacher reference?
Original post by Tateco
That sort of fell through :colondollar: Me and Groat were the only ones discussing on there :wink:

What's your UMS like by the way? And good choices!

Awwww :frown: any way of starting it up again? :colone: I'll join! :biggrin:

Economics: 200/200
Maths: 291/300
Further maths: 290/300
History: 190/200
Physics: 285/300

Top 3 average: 97.6%

What's your UMS like btw?
Good luck! :smile:

Those are ridiculously good results =__= aha well done! :smile:

I didn't do too well in my AS (AAB in maths, econ and physics; D in General studies <_<) But i'm trying for LSE (VERY ambitious, yes..) York, Lancaster and Manchester :smile: Sorta wish I applied to Oxford though.. too late now :frown:
Reply 3791

We could try, but you really need at least 5 or 6 regulars to keep it going!

Wow, nice UMS!

My top 3 average is 96.4% :smile:
Original post by Tateco
We could try, but you really need at least 5 or 6 regulars to keep it going!

Wow, nice UMS!

My top 3 average is 96.4% :smile:

I'm sure we could get a few more people on it :biggrin: especially since it's 2 months(ish) till interview time...

Your average is pretty nice too :smile:

Original post by 21Grapes
Those are ridiculously good results =__= aha well done! :smile:

I didn't do too well in my AS (AAB in maths, econ and physics; D in General studies &lt;_&lt:wink: But i'm trying for LSE (VERY ambitious, yes..) York, Lancaster and Manchester :smile: Sorta wish I applied to Oxford though.. too late now :frown:

Thanks! :biggrin: ...i did work pretty hard for it :colondollar:

Good luck with yours! :smile:
Reply 3793
I'm sure we could get a few more people on it :biggrin: especially since it's 2 months(ish) till interview time...

Your average is pretty nice too :smile:

Thanks! :biggrin: ...i did work pretty hard for it :colondollar:

Good luck with yours! :smile:

Congratulations on your results. Which over universities are you applying to? :u:

...and I'm applying to the same college as you...

I am doomed :cry2:

...melodramatics over, but really, good luck to you :h:
Original post by Groat
Congratulations on your results. Which over universities are you applying to? :u:

Thanks! :colondollar:

LSE, Warwick, Nottingham and Bristol :biggrin:

What are your GCSEs and UMS like if you don't mind me asking? :colondollar:
Original post by perrytheplatypus
...and I'm applying to the same college as you...

I am doomed :cry2:

...melodramatics over, but really, good luck to you :h:

It isn't just about grades, don't worry! :biggrin:
Smash that interview!

Good luck to you too! :smile: What are your GCSEs/predictions/UMS like? :colondollar:
...I think I may be the only one with less than 95% in economics applying for Catz -_-
It isn't just about grades, don't worry! :biggrin:
Smash that interview!

Good luck to you too! :smile: What are your GCSEs/predictions/UMS like? :colondollar:

GCSEs, bad. Doing some rough calculations puts my UMS almost exactly the same as Tateco's >_>

Were you able to take 5 AS at school or did you have to self tutor one?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by perrytheplatypus
GCSEs, bad. Doing some rough calculations puts my UMS almost exactly the same as Tateco's &gt;_&gt;

Tateco's average is amazing though! :biggrin:
I think you'll definitely get an interview at least, then you have every shot at impressing the interviewer :wink:

Define "bad"? Your UMS shows off your ability whatever your GCSEs were! Someone from my school got into Fitzwilliam last year with 4A* 6As at GCSE (which would be deemed as below average or "bad"). How "bad" are yours?

Original post by Amyk94
WOAHHHH :eek:

...but hi! :biggrin:

I'm applying to St. Catharine's too :wink:

My results are well...OK...compared to yours :P

Maths: 295/300
Economics: 198/200
Biology: 276/300
Physics: 261/300

Top 3: 96.1%

Predicted: A*A*A*A*a (a in AS Further Maths)

GCSE: 10A* 2As

Awesome!
When I came on here before, I couldn't find anyone applying to St. Catz :P

Good luck! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Tateco's average is amazing though! :biggrin:
I think you'll definitely get an interview at least, then you have every shot at impressing the interviewer :wink:

Define "bad"? Your UMS shows off your ability whatever your GCSEs were! Someone from my school got into Fitzwilliam last year with 4A* 6As at GCSE (which would be deemed as below average or "bad"). How "bad" are yours?

My GCSEs are only slightly better than that.

I probably won't do too well at the interview...in the sense that they're going to think I'm strange :biggrin:

Looking back at my personal statement, I said some wierd thing in there too :teehee:

Latest

Trending

Trending