The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15176078.stm

Hope the Accrington player is better soon and it's not too serious.
Great win yesterday, that's 4 on the bounce now and 6 straight home wins. Roll on the Blades next Sunday :gah:
Are you going? It will be my first home game of the season and my first home game in League 1! Gutted at the time of KO though, I normally meet my dad (don't get to see him much) before the game for a few drinks along with some friends.
I hate games against Wednesday! A lot of our fans are being pessimistic already (doesn't do any good!) but I will say it will be an entertaining 2-2 draw! :biggrin:
All the attention will be on the Steel City derby this weekend, can't believe Sky aren't showing it, wonder if somewhere in Sheffield is screening it.
Away game on Sky tonight. :biggrin: Though time-difference means it's at 2:45 AM for me...
Original post by Rock Fan
All the attention will be on the Steel City derby this weekend, can't believe Sky aren't showing it, wonder if somewhere in Sheffield is screening it.

They choose some daft, rather dull fixtures and miss this one out. Typical. Hope the other game is on but doubt it...it's the same day as the Carling Cup Final. :rolleyes:
You'd think they would show both derby games, me and my girlfriend are going down to Hillsborough this Sunday as they are beaming it at the ground. On another note did anyone see that howler the MK Dons keeper made tonight in the match against Oldham
On another note did anyone see that howler the MK Dons keeper made tonight in the match against Oldham

Unfortunately yes. :sadnod: Oldham deserved the win though - their work effort was great and they made many more chances than us tonight.
You'd think they would show both derby games, me and my girlfriend are going down to Hillsborough this Sunday as they are beaming it at the ground. On another note did anyone see that howler the MK Dons keeper made tonight in the match against Oldham

I heard there is a beamback! Can only hope the other game is ok but as I said, it probably won't be. This Saturdays non premiership match is Portsmouth v Barnsley, says it all!
Reply 6449
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9UKHUsw0yQ&feature=player_embedded

Class goal! We got to be 1 of the faves for promotion
Ross McCormack, marry me.

NOW.
It was brilliantly taken but did you notice Kirkland never made an effort to save it?

Terrible goalkeeping.
Reply 6452
Worst I've seen us play, didn't get a kick.
Great game yesterday although obviously I am massively disappointed at only getting the draw. Was a cracker though and more proof it should have been on the TV but nope, it's in League 1 so no chance. Didn't feel like a League 1 game tbf! Attendance was read out as just over 28,000 but not sure where the extra 4,500 spare seats were!!!

We gifted them a point basically. We sat back during the second half and thought we had done enough. Very disappointing but before the game I was worried we would lose it with the form they had been in.

The main thing that sticks out is that they are a typical Megson team. They play to their teams stengths and therefore with that team they have, they will get results and bully teams! We passed the ball and played in on the floor. They are huge, very physical (remind me of us under Blackwell) and strong so we won nothing in the air. What a contrast. Sadly, they will more than likely finish top 6. On the other hand, without a few new players in January and a new goalkeeper (see below) we will not. :cry:

Simonsen....many think (including Wilson) he was fouled for their equaliser. It was right infront of me although I haven't seen it since, and I am not sure. The keeper is the worst Number 1 we have had in my lifetime! Lack of confidence, won't/doesn't command the box and makes the defence scared I should think. He made a brilliant save in the first half but there again, he's a good shot stopper and it's other parts of his game that are not upto it.

Great advert for League 1 and a great advert for a steel city derby. It was yet another rollercoaster ride at Beautiful DownTown Bramall Lane. :eek:
Cracking derby game in Sheffield last week, that was what football was all about, mind you Wednesday's second goal was a touch controversial, was lucky enough to go to the beam back at Hillsbrough with my girlfriend.
Leeds, I love you but you're killing me with that sort of drama. Mental scenes in the away end when we scored the winner. Utterly insane.

One of the best days i've had in years. Quality.
some strange results today that's for sure, Cardiff winning 5-3 against Barnsley and Aldershot beating Dagenham and Redbridge 5-2 away after losing 5 in a row.
Cracking derby game in Sheffield last week, that was what football was all about, mind you Wednesday's second goal was a touch controversial, was lucky enough to go to the beam back at Hillsbrough with my girlfriend.

Not for me, Simmo wasn't fouled, he just msised the ball as usual. Shocking goalkeeping and the same thing happened yesterday, only it was 6 minutes into 5 minutes added time! :rolleyes:
Another win against Colchester to make it 7 home wins out of 7. This is promising!

I was at the beam-back and it was pretty quiet for 80 minutes before an utterly mental last ten. Hugs all round (including complete randomers) when Madine scored. Could have been so different if O'Grady hadn't smashed the ball in when Simonsen spilled a header first half, but United sat back and sat back more after they went 2-0 up and pretty much did nothing else all game.

A draw was a fair result in the end and I thought we deserved a point on the balance of play. We deserved a little bit of luck in the equaliser which could easily have been given as a foul. You can't argue with the fact that even so Simonsen was in complete no-mans land anyway (as he was Saturday at Leyton Orient too!)
In the Prem it would have been disallowed for a foul on the keeper and maybe even in the Championship but in League 1. Goalkeepers don't get that much protection. Wasn't a foul for me anyway.

Latest