The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2040
Fate/Zero was good :colonhash:
Reply 2041
Original post by Tabris
Fate/Zero was good :colonhash:

Agreed, after watching episode 2, it's easily the best offering so far from this season, in my opinion. :smile:
Reply 2042
I'm watching Golden boy at the moment. The swimming scene in episode 4 might be the best thing ever put on screen :awesome:

I'm still confused on fate/stay. It's a prequel so it should be fine but Tabris (I think) said I'd lose a lot from watching it first :nyoron:
Reply 2043
Original post by Aiko
Agreed, after watching episode 2, it's easily the best offering so far from this season, in my opinion. :smile:

You heard about the season split? Could be great; also kinda annoying!

Original post by Truered
I'm still confused on fate/stay. It's a prequel so it should be fine but Tabris (I think) said I'd lose a lot from watching it first :nyoron:

It may get confusing. Bad wording on my part previously at the excitement of it all, probs.

They did a lot of covering the basics in the first episode and quite nicely, to be fair. But some things in Stay will get spoiled for you if you watch Zero first. Whereas Zero was written with the intention that the reader already knows Stay as they pretty much tell you about some of the Stay VN's twists from the go. If you don't mind, go for it. Otherwise, it'd be best if you watch/read Stay first.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2044
Original post by Tabris
You heard about the season split? Could be great; also kinda annoying!

Yup, unfortunately I have. Two concurrent seasons would have been preferable, but equally April isn't too far away.

Original post by Truered

I would suggest watching Fate/stay night first (or the two hour long OVAs if you're short for time), followed by the Unlimited Blade Works movie (not required, per se, but you might as well since it's pretty good) before watching Fate/Zero. You'll have a better understanding of what's happening, particularly in regard to the characters and their relationships in both series.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2045
Without going into too much detail, I'm planning to keep on Maken-Ki, Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai and definitely Chihayafuru. However, this may well change in the coming weeks.
Just watched Persona 4 out of curiosity from people talking about it in a couple of threads and obviously the popularity of the Persona franchise as a RPG( haven't played it though :colondollar:). All I can find good about it is the stylish animation (Reminded me a bit of Trauma Center) and the soundtracks, I also liked the various references to the game such as the calendar, the stats and especially the cut-in at the end. The plot was alright but the protagonist is really the big let down. He seemed so inactive and plain in personality, all he does during the episode (apart from releasing some massive thing which from my limited wiki knowledge in his Persona) is answering other character's questions with a simple yeah or no and occasionally showing emotions of pain. Maybe (again from my limited knowledge) it's because the protagonist's personality in the game is made bit by bit by the player so they couldn't think of what he should be like. But still I wish they would make him... well...less boring. :sigh:

In conclusion, it's alright and I can't judge it on the whole so I might continue watching it but I wont count on it.

Original post by Aiko
I could only vaguely remember the second season of Shakugan no Shana and the OVAs obviously didn't help that much to refresh my memory... Nonetheless, it seems that the third season will be more of the same from the first two. I think it's very much a guarantee that I'll be following this one weekly, as intended, but there's a small chance that I'll decide to marathon it once it's finished airing if the other anime airing this season proves to pique my interest more.

Is it still going on? The only thing I remember from the second season was the last episode when Yuji (I think that was his name) had to choose between shana and the other girl but it ended as a cliffhanger. (wonder which one he chose)

I hate watching animes that have long periods of inactivity between two seasons, I tend to drop those ones very quickly.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2047
Lolwut u mad

Something seems wrong with gg's sub of penguindrum 13 :indiff:
Reply 2048
Original post by vin

I was unimpressed with that too

:unimpressed:

Finished off Golden boy earlier today :ahee:
Reply 2049

Original post by vin

It's what they're known for, trollsubs.
Reply 2050
Original post by The Cornerstone
Is it still going on? The only thing I remember from the second season was the last episode when Yuji (I think that was his name) had to choose between shana and the other girl but it ended as a cliffhanger. (wonder which one he chose)

I hate watching animes that have long periods of inactivity between two seasons, I tend to drop those ones very quickly.

The third and final season has just started airing. I know what you mean regarding the inactivity, but I might as well see this one through given I've stuck with it for two seasons already. :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2051
Ben-to was...odd to say the least. Seemed fun and stupid enough, but it is a bit difficult to watch as I'd just pay full price for the stuff and avoid the punches/kicks :teehee:

And that's why I'll never be a main character :awesome:
Reply 2052
Original post by Truered
And that's why I'll never be a main character :awesome:

Who would you be, curiously? :tongue:
Reply 2053
Original post by Aiko
Who would you be, curiously? :tongue:

I don't know :nyoron: For the longest time I thought Shinji but without the parent troubles :awesome:

However being as cheesefully awesome as Armstrong from FMA would be :borat:
Reply 2054
Original post by Truered
I don't know :nyoron: For the longest time I thought Shinji but without the parent troubles :awesome:

However being as cheesefully awesome as Armstrong from FMA would be :borat:

I seem to remember you mentioning Shinji before because you could relate to his character. Armstrong, on the other hand, is a new one. :tongue:

As for me, in account of my physical appearance, personality and penchant for smoking in the past, I always chose Yuuko from xxxHolic or Nana Osaki from Nana (of whom many felt had a similar voice to myself). :tongue:
Studio Pierrot badge GET! :proud: Took me long enough, though. :o:

The 12 Kingdoms was the anime that got me there. :yes: Plot-wise it was a fantastic series, but it felt rushed in places. I was a bit disappointed with the way they ended it too; while I like that it focused on a lot of other characters aside from Yohko, I expected her to have more of a part in the final arc. :hmmmm2:
Reply 2056
Original post by AngryJellyfish

Congrats. :smile: It's 50, right?

The 12 Kingdoms was the anime that got me there. :yes: Plot-wise it was a fantastic series, but it felt rushed in places. I was a bit disappointed with the way they ended it too; while I like that it focused on a lot of other characters aside from Yohko, I expected her to have more of a part in the final arc. :hmmmm2:

I was following this weekly when it aired and was highly impressed with it (consequently becoming one of my favourite fantasy series). Even now, I have a lofty lasting impression. I don't recall having an issue with the pacing, but this might be because I wasn't marathoning through it.
Reply 2057
Original post by AngryJellyfish

How spooky, I'd been thinking about asking about that show for the last week or so. Seems to be a R1 boxset out that would come in at about ~£36 (from a europe based site, so no additional import). Been thinking of picking it up, as even with a slightly increased europe-based price it's under a pound an episode :borat:
Original post by Aiko
Congrats. :smile: It's 50, right?

I was following this weekly when it aired and was highly impressed with it (consequently becoming one of my favourite fantasy series). Even now, I have a lofty lasting impression. I don't recall having an issue with the pacing, but this might be because I wasn't marathoning through it.

Nah, only 25. Hence why I feel I could have done it quicker. :p: Nice to have a decent-sized TV series contributing towards it though, since a lot of the anime I've watched from the studio has been single ep or short OVAs. :o:

I thought the pacing was very fast, though that may simply be a result of the small time skips and jumps from one character/country to another throughout the series. It was fantastic on the whole, though. :yes:

Original post by Truered
How spooky, I'd been thinking about asking about that show for the last week or so. Seems to be a R1 boxset out that would come in at about ~£36 (from a europe based site, so no additional import). Been thinking of picking it up, as even with a slightly increased europe-based price it's under a pound an episode :borat:

Definitely worth it at that price. :yes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Aiko
The third and final season has just started airing. I know what you mean regarding the inactivity, but I might as well see this one through given I've stuck with it for two seasons already. :tongue:

Good point,I'll try to watch it as well since I watched the previous season but I probably wont get it for a while until my memory catches up with it :tongue:

Latest