The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by irina793
It could take up to 48 hours.

Are you serious?
So I have to have it done by noon on the 13th of October?
Original post by KatieKate
If I spent as much time studying as I did stalking & maniacally posting about Oxford on TSR I would get in no probs.
Ah, irony.

Well said... Well said. :biggrin:
Original post by AnimalSpirit
I haven't submitted my UCAS yet and I'm probably not going to do it until Thursday. I am an independent applicant. Do you guys know if there is any processing time I should be aware of? Or will my UCAS-application go straight to the database with no delay?

- Thank you
Are you serious?
Original post by irina793
It could take up to 48 hours.
It could take more than 48 hours to process... but that is irrelevant: all you need to do is to make sure your application is with UCAS by October 15th at 23.59 BST. However it is generally advisable to apply a few days before, because you might find a problem with your application and also the sometimes the system crashes around the deadline. If you submit at 1am on the 16th, there's no excuse, your application simply isn't sent to Oxford.
Original post by Maxm79
Hey there, anyone else scared to death about their entrance test. *_* cannot believe how close it is!!

Me. What entrance test are you doing?
Original post by Grenville
UCAS got sent off at 12:21 today!!

Best of luck. :smile: What subject?
Reply 6845
Are you serious?

No as long as you send it to UCAS by the 15th it's fine
If I spent as much time studying as I did stalking & maniacally posting about Oxford on TSR I would get in no probs.
Ah, irony.

TO THE GRAMMAR REVISION :bricks:

This is so very true that I may put it as my Facebook status, TSR sig and phone background to reiterate its very truth.

An English student, then?
Original post by fluteflute
It could take more than 48 hours to process... but that is irrelevant: all you need to do is to make sure your application is with UCAS by October 15th at 23.59 BST. However it is generally advisable to apply a few days before, because you might find a problem with your application and also the sometimes the system crashes around the deadline. If you submit at 1am on the 16th, there's no excuse, your application simply isn't sent to Oxford.

Okay.. However - it IS sent to Oxford. They are just "not obliged to consider it." :smile:
http://www.ucas.com/news/september/15oct11

Thank you for clearance on the processing time!
have anyone had an acknowledgement yet, or does everyone get one on a certain date?
Original post by Niki_girl
:ashamed2:

Ah rent, it's all swings and roundabouts, remember, if you pay slightly more at one college for rent you might pay slightly more at another college for food or other costs etc. Of course you can compare all of this via prospectus, happy choosing!

Hahaha lol perhaps that's an expression not used in the UK? My bad. By " 'rents " I meant my parents :P they think I'll be disadvantaged if I do an open application, even though I've told them many times that either way it doesn't make much difference. Or any at all really.
(edited 12 years ago)

Okay.. However - it IS sent to Oxford. They are just "not obliged to consider it." :smile:
http://www.ucas.com/news/september/15oct11

Thank you for clearance on the processing time!
Ah you're right. I think Oxford will automatically discard any late applications though.
Original post by mariejulian
have anyone had an acknowledgement yet, or does everyone get one on a certain date?

Depends upon when the application was sent and processed.
Original post by fluteflute
Ah you're right. I think Oxford will automatically discard any late applications though.

I agree! They have enough applications :biggrin:
Original post by KingMessi
This is so very true that I may put it as my Facebook status, TSR sig and phone background to reiterate its very truth.

An English student, then?

English Literature French and Spanish.

Choosing those subjects last year was like signing the warrant for my own death by essay.

brb, bloggin about how much time I spend blogging in relation to how much time I could have studying if I spent less time blogging.
Reply 6854
I've applied to Brasenose for English. Love English and loved Brasenose when I visited :smile: Worried about the ELAT now :/ I really, really hope that they think my application is good enough.
Original post by S_123
I've applied to Brasenose for English. Love English and loved Brasenose when I visited :smile: Worried about the ELAT now :/ I really, really hope that they think my application is good enough.

Yay - Brasenose :biggrin:
Original post by KingMessi
Best of luck. :smile: What subject?

Thank-you. Law at St. John's! How about you?
Original post by waterloo-sunset
Me too! How are you preparing, by the way? I mean, are you just reading through the online materials or doing practice essays or anything else?
The HAT is so scary, I haven't a clue what to expect and a bad performance could mess up an application so easily :afraid:

I'm currently reading through past papers and markschemes, I've thought about a few questions and had to look up quite a lot of words! I might do a timed practice paper in about a week, just to check I can, but I think I really need to revise some of my AS history so that I can answer the long essay question where we have to choose the topic!

What about you? To be honest I'll think of it more as an aptitude test, I'll revise what I can but at the end of the day we're supposed to have no idea what to expect - it's about how, not what we write :smile:
English Literature French and Spanish.

Choosing those subjects last year was like signing the warrant for my own death by essay.

brb, bloggin about how much time I spend blogging in relation to how much time I could have studying if I spent less time blogging.

Cool....aw, well, it's only one year of hell....:biggrin:

LOL, what are you applying for?
Original post by Grenville
Thank-you. Law at St. John's! How about you?

Oh cool, have you visited Oxford yet? I'm English Language and Literature, but an open application...:eek: :colondollar:

Latest

Trending

Trending