The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I wish I had more people to text
Original post by + polarity -
I wish I had more people to text

I realised over this weekend that my phone battery can last 5 days when I'm not texting my bf...as opposed to 1 and a half...
Reply 6022
The Tab 10.1 is a superb tablet :yy:
Reply 6023
My desire has been doing some really bad overheating recently, i think its coming to the end of its short life...
Hey guys, need to ask: If I set up wifi - will my phone always try to use my wifi before using 3g internet? :smile:
Original post by hassi94
Hey guys, need to ask: If I set up wifi - will my phone always try to use my wifi before using 3g internet? :smile:

As long as it's turned on (duh :tongue:), yes. :smile: You can always turn off mobile data if you don't want to use it.
Original post by hassi94

Original post by hassi94

Yeah, when I turn both on it always connects to Wi-fi first.
Cyanogen 7.1 is now out of RC and stable. Huzzah. Now on Android 2.3.7 :sexface:

Upgraded during a lecture - entirely over wireless. Pretty slick...
I've got the HTC Wildfire S on 2.3.3 - anyone know when the newest update is and how I get it?

:smile:
when you buy a new phone l0l
I'm really close to getting a Samsung Galaxy S2. I question regarding watching flash vids- is it restrictive? Like can I go onto any website that streams flash video and watch it from the phone?
Hey guys, I've had the HTC Hero for nearly 2 years now, so I'm coming up to upgrade time (December). I'm currently thinking of getting the HTC Sensation, but just wondered if there were going to be any more releases that are worth waiting for. Any one got any idea as to the next releases and phones to watch out for around that time?
Original post by G8D
We'll know about the Nexus Prime officially by the end of October :smile:

is this likely to be a better phone than the sensation? I have no experience with android on Samsung, how does it compare to HTC sense?
Original post by biffyclyro27

Original post by biffyclyro27
is this likely to be a better phone than the sensation? I have no experience with android on Samsung, how does it compare to HTC sense?

i have a samsung galaxy s II :biggrin: its amazing i never had a smartphone until now but android is really good on it. no probs at all :love: it
Original post by johnnn

Original post by johnnn
My desire has been doing some really bad overheating recently, i think its coming to the end of its short life...

Maybe an app is keeping your phone busy? My desire gets hot when doing anything intensive.
Original post by itsmyname
I'm really close to getting a Samsung Galaxy S2. I question regarding watching flash vids- is it restrictive? Like can I go onto any website that streams flash video and watch it from the phone?

i have this phone. and its class :biggrin: you can go on youtube if thats what you mean no problem at all :biggrin: normally i watch a few vids on it a day lost count tbh. with the wifi its very good. i dont go on other video sites apart from youtube but i say you will have no prob. you can download apps too so if you like any website they may have a app for it

enjoy the phone anyway when you get it :biggrin:
Original post by G8D
Well it's irrelevant that the Prime is Samsung as it'll be running vanilla Ice Cream :wink:
Not sure what you'd personally prefer though, obvs.

Power-wise the Sensation is already bettered by the Sensation XE and the Samsung Galaxy S2.

so there is no samsung-esque overlay to the OS like the HTC's sense? Is that because it's part of the 'Google' range?

Fair enough, sounds good, hopefully I can get a good retentions deal!
Sense > Touchwiz.

Had a play with the sgs2 the other day... Yeah. It's massive and light and fast, but nothing out there pushes that power at all. The interface is so horrid compared to sense that I'd much rather have less (needless) power and a far superior UI.

Hope that ics gets done by cyanogen guys. That'll be awesome!
From what I gather, the phone needs to be rooted to get rid of touchwiz correct? Does that void the warranty? If so, is there a quick way to restore it back to its original condition like you can do with the iPhone, even in bricked condition?
Reply 6039

From what I gather, the phone needs to be rooted to get rid of touchwiz correct? Does that void the warranty? If so, is there a quick way to restore it back to its original condition like you can do with the iPhone, even in bricked condition?

There's not much point in getting rid of TouchWiz completely, as the current non-Touchwiz ROMs aren't really stable. You could just as easily replace the launcher and any other apps you're not entirely happy with, and that requires no rooting.

Latest