The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4240
Original post by Seb
Although I phoned Manchester up many-a-time(s?) and only on the open day (after I had applied) they said "we will reject anyone immediately who doesn't have some long period care volunteering, because they are *****". Exact words bro, exact words.

I don't see why more places don't do that tbh. even though id be buggered if they did.
Reply 4241
Original post by kingme
I don't see why more places don't do that tbh. even though id be buggered if they did.

I wouldn't mind as long as they told me, and only me. You know, reduce the competition. :colone:
Reply 4242
Original post by superG123
:argh:DAMN

There was a misunderstanding with my GCSEs and it affects Liverpool so i sent the 84509863493 emails to everyone and faxed them. The head of admissions replied to me saying she has made a note of my name and to leave it...little do they know there is a letter in the post about the same issue on the way there :doh:

i wish i wasn't so persistent and annoying, i hope my name isn't blacklisted now :argh:

Is it not possible to alter your UCAS app, seeing as it's before 15th Oct? I feel the need to triple check mine now...
Reply 4243
I'm so relieved. After trying several hundred times to long into track with my 'new' UCAS Id today, I realised they decided to use my old one instead despite telling me many times what my new one was...
Reply 4244
Original post by Seb
I'm so relieved. After trying several hundred times to long into track with my 'new' UCAS Id today, I realised they decided to use my old one instead despite telling me many times what my new one was...

Do the unis actually check your employment refernces as in ring them up?
Reply 4245
Original post by os100
Do the unis actually check your employment refernces as in ring them up?

I don't know. I haven't got an employment reference anywhere on my UCAS. I don't know if I missed that, but they have all of my employers details if they want to give them a ring.
Original post by Seb

I did this too.
:biggrin::biggrin:
i am having doubts over whether i'm gonna get in anywhere this year, like seriously i am preparing myself for rejections :frown: hopefully i do get in, just everywhere's so bloody competative!
Reply 4248
Original post by atomos
i am having doubts over whether i'm gonna get in anywhere this year, like seriously i am preparing myself for rejections :frown: hopefully i do get in, just everywhere's so bloody competative!

That's the nature of the course really... It doesn't just end once you get in either :tongue:
Is Biomed at UCL too risky for a 5th choice?

I'm also still debating about 4th choice. It's either Nottingham, where I LOVE the course, not so much the city, but the campus is lovely (been there and seen it) and I know people there who are loving uni life. Or it's Bart's where I'm not as keen on the course, it's probably easier to get into, as it's not as popular as Nottingham, and it's in London which I am very keen on considering I have to live there 5 years and I'll probably end up working there, but I'm not as keen on the course and I don't know whether I'll like the uni as I haven't seen what it's like etc. Ideas?
Reply 4250
Original post by JessicaStacks
Is Biomed at UCL too risky for a 5th choice?

I'm also still debating about 4th choice. It's either Nottingham, where I LOVE the course, not so much the city, but the campus is lovely (been there and seen it) and I know people there who are loving uni life. Or it's Bart's where I'm not as keen on the course, it's probably easier to get into, as it's not as popular as Nottingham, and it's in London which I am very keen on considering I have to live there 5 years and I'll probably end up working there, but I'm not as keen on the course and I don't know whether I'll like the uni as I haven't seen what it's like etc. Ideas?

You just have to make a decision! We can't make it for you love... Same with your Biomed (I know you've asked loads of times, and probably haven't got much of an answer, but I don't think anyone knows...)

Btw, just because Barts isn't as popular as Nottingham doesn't mean its easier to get into. It all depends on whether you are a better applicant according to them - Sheffield for example might get a small number of applicants in comparison to others, but if you have a low UKCAT you haven't got a chance, see what I mean? (I don't actually know the stats for applicant:tongue:lace ratio for SHeffield, I was just using it as an example :smile: )
I am re sitting some of my a-level exams after I did really poorly. I got CCCb in Chemistry, Biology, Maths and an AS in Physics respectively.

I had a really painful condition in which I sturggled to write in most of my exams and was unable to revise much at home since it was constant pain. I usually just drank lots of hot chocolate with cookies and fell asleep right after school :P. I have been suffering from it for years and got worse during the GCSE and a-level period. My Collage/School has got the numerous notes from my doctor (Thanks mum ).
During GCSE it was not too bad so I managed to get some okay grades. An now I am making some progress and getting better! Thanks to my lovely dermatologist.

I applied for Medicine last year, had 2 offers but just did not get the grades unfortunately

Now I really want to re-apply and I have made a personal statement and UCAS is sorted. Only problem I am completely stuck at where I should apply to.

Please some help would be lovely

Forgot to add, I did my UKCAT again and got 599. As if last time I got 750... That test is all about LUCK
Liverpool and Lancaster

- Don't use UKCAT
- Accept re-sits provided you get CCC in first sitting

The other unis that accept resits are: Soton, UEA, Peninsula, Brighton and Manchester however they all have other criteria such as having to achieve AAB first time round.

Do some research and you've only got 3 days so hurry!

:smile:
Unfortunately decided not to apply to aberdeen again. Have 625 for ukcat and dont want to risk them interviweining me an dthen rejecting me cus of it like st andrews

not just looking for cheap ways to get from newcastle to UEA.....
Original post by gloriousballs
Liverpool and Lancaster

- Don't use UKCAT
- Accept re-sits provided you get CCC in first sitting

The other unis that accept resits are: Soton, UEA, Peninsula, Brighton and Manchester however they all have other criteria such as having to achieve AAB first time round.

Do some research and you've only got 3 days so hurry!

:smile:

You are a star. I have been having laser treatment over the past week :K: so have not really be able to do UCAS and stuff. :frown:

Really apprciate the help seriously. I love you guys!!! :biggrin: If I get into Medicine people. I will give you all a quid and 1/2 a cookie! :biggrin: <3
my application will probably be sent off tomorrow! kind of nervous but also excited to see what happens!
Original post by Dr.Galaxy99
my application will probably be sent off tomorrow! kind of nervous but also excited to see what happens!

I am going into school tomorrow. I am so so so nervous :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:. An I am quite excited too!!!
Reply 4257
I'm bored already!! I've been thinking up a list of things I can do this year. So far I have: Learn to Juggle, learn to skateboard, get rich and that's about it...

Any other folk got any other ideas??
Original post by Seb
I'm bored already!! I've been thinking up a list of things I can do this year. So far I have: Learn to Juggle, learn to skateboard, get rich and that's about it...

Any other folk got any other ideas??

i'm gonna buy proper running gear and go running.
and i want to join a gym/or just find a swimming pool i can get a membership or somewhere to, i miss swimming.
then i plan to paint my room, take down my collage thing on my wall + make a new one, buy paints and other arty stuff.

but first i need some money :tongue:

oh and i need to have the following movie marathons:
-harry potter
-star wars
-high school musical
im sure there are more aswell :colondollar:

i need better plans. haha
Reply 4259
Original post by atomos
i'm gonna buy proper running gear and go running.
and i want to join a gym/or just find a swimming pool i can get a membership or somewhere to, i miss swimming.
then i plan to paint my room, take down my collage thing on my wall + make a new one, buy paints and other arty stuff.

but first i need some money :tongue:

oh and i need to have the following movie marathons:
-harry potter
-star wars
-high school musical
im sure there are more aswell :colondollar:

i need better plans. haha

I like the idea of running. I used to be quite the runner myself :smug: I would go running once, maybe twice, a month...

I should really start running again, and since I have so much time I could run for hours and hours each day!
And then by the time uni comes I'll be all "Lets see who can run further" and they'll turn around and be all "no way man, you're too good."
I'll be like "yes."

I can't draw for **** though... :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending