The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7860
CAN SOMEONE please say when universities will release this years cut offs ???
Original post by rsp
CAN SOMEONE please say when universities will release this years cut offs ???

After all decisions are made, probably not until June or July next year.
Reply 7862
Original post by Normandy114
After all decisions are made, probably not until June or July next year.

o thanks , really wow! I dont know why but i thought after UKCAT finished we would KnoW cut offs . guess i have to wait :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by rsp
o thanks , really wow! I dont know why but i thought after UKCAT finished we would KnoW cut offs . guess i have to wait :smile:

Yeah, cut offs are not predetermined, universities that use them rank everyone that is eligible, then interview the top x applicants. Being above a cut off just means you were in the top x applicants.
so, i sent off my application to my tutor about a week ago, and then suddenly, 4 days before the deadline he decides to sent it back to me on grounds of my qualifications looking 'wierd'

WTF!?!?!

DOES HE WANT ME TO HAVE A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN OR SOMETHING!?!?!?
Reply 7865
Original post by laurie:)
so, i sent off my application to my tutor about a week ago, and then suddenly, 4 days before the deadline he decides to sent it back to me on grounds of my qualifications looking 'wierd'

WTF!?!?!

what is the name given for AS level in UCAS form?
Reply 7866

WTF!?!?!

Better safe then sorry. I nearly had a panic attack today because my UCAS application was sent to UCAS and I realised I missed out a qualification. It's sorted now but I was going crazy a couple of hours ago.
Original post by Anajini
what is the name given for AS level in UCAS form?

GCS advanced subsidary (first award 2001)

why??

Original post by Besakt
Better safe then sorry. I nearly had a panic attack today because my UCAS application was sent to UCAS and I realised I missed out a qualification. It's sorted now but I was going crazy a couple of hours ago.

but the thing is ive asked for it to be sent back to me twice already, so i am absolutely sure everything is correct on the form.
Reply 7868
but i did GCE from 2008?
Reply 7869
GCS advanced subsidary (first award 2001)

why??

but the thing is ive asked for it to be sent back to me twice already, so i am absolutely sure everything is correct on the form.

I'm so worried, I'm even having nightmares. I haven't had a proper nights sleep for a week now. :confused:
Original post by Anajini
but i did GCE from 2008?

i dont think it means if a new specification comes in, i think it means 'from 2001' as in, when AS levels were introduced?

i dunno, i could be wrong.
Original post by Besakt
I'm so worried, I'm even having nightmares. I haven't had a proper nights sleep for a week now. :confused:

im actually really annoyed now.

my reference is completed and approved, and we've gone through my application with a comb to find any problems, so i was sure it was going to be sent off either today or tomorrow, and now this happens! :mad:
Reply 7872
im actually really annoyed now.

my reference is completed and approved, and we've gone through my application with a comb to find any problems, so i was sure it was going to be sent off either today or tomorrow, and now this happens! :mad:

The deadline is not till friday you have plenty of time. Then again I get what your saying once it is sent off that is one less thing to worry about.
Original post by Besakt
The deadline is not till friday you have plenty of time. Then again I get what your saying once it is sent off that is one less thing to worry about.

its just that everybody in my school who is applying to med/vet med/dentistry/oxbridge has their application routed through him, so thats a good 50 people, and almost all of them are applying tonight, so i soooo wanted to get mine sent off before the mad rush happens.

pissed.
Reply 7874
its just that everybody in my school who is applying to med/vet med/dentistry/oxbridge has their application routed through him, so thats a good 50 people, and almost all of them are applying tonight, so i soooo wanted to get mine sent off before the mad rush happens.

pissed.

Oh I think our oxbridge/med/vet med applciants have all got it sorted.
Reply 7875
I know birmingham have given interview dates has any otrher uni done this yet?
Original post by hak123

Not that I know of for medicine at least.
Original post by hak123

I don't believe so, no. Most unis have to wait for UKCAT/BMAT scores before they can start making decisions (apart from maybe rejecting anyone who obviously doesn't meet the entry requirements).

In case you didn't know, you can check here to see if/when people have interviews and from which unis. :smile:
Reply 7878
I've just my ucas a 2days ago and i'm already being crippled from the tension :biggrin:
Reply 7879
Which university doesn't much consider the UKCAT?I got 597.5.which UKCAT universities can I apply?please give some advice?

Latest

Trending

Trending