Meeting Gay Men In Bars In Liverpool Watch

thomas1700
Badges: 3
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi Everyone.

Firstly Im Gay and now I want a relationship some of my straight friends are in relationships and I want to be in one as well.
If I go out to Liverpool in most of the clubs etc when men come on to me its only for a hook up.

I want to go to a Nice / Posh bar where gay men mainly go and try and meet someone there instead but I dont know any posh bars that are mainly gay. I know plenty of Lovely bars etc but they attract far too many straight people for me to begin to find someone who is gay.

Does anyone know where there is a Posh bar where no one is dancing and its mainly people sitting down with nice drinks. But near gay town and mainly for gay men. I love clubs but when I go it seems that people are looking for a Hook up more than a date. Ive been to pink etc which I would call more a bar but its not exactly the type of bar wher people would go to find a date.

Thanks.
Zuji
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've only been in Liverpool for 3 weeks now, and haven't found anyone who'd like to go out in the gay quarter yet. However, in this student guide I was given it recommends a couple of gay bars. I don't know whether you've been to them but here they are and their description from the guide

The Poste House - 23 Cumberland Street
A tiny pub, full of life and with a very cosmopolitan clientele. The younger crowd tend to be upstairs, while the older regulars prop up the downstairs bar. You'll always find someone to talk to here, as the place is too small to ever be on your own.

Puzzle Bar - 25 Stanley Street
An intimate bar, run by Cassie & Becky, two ex-bartenders from Masquerade, Puzzle Bar shows a warm welcome to anyone who can 'Be Nice Or leave' as the sign above the bar clearly says.

Of course.. this may not be any help seeing as you posted in August ;P
DannyR2811
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Where do you go? I'm not gay but I know alot of clubs in the gay quarter.
gingerben
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
theres a fair few places in liverpool but many of them aint that posh tbh, its mainly garlands, g bar, pink and navy and the odd ones dotted accross. although i do no a pub called the post house which is pretty close to lyme street and theres a few nice gay bars there but i forget their names sry i couldnt be much help
DannyR2811
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah the main ones are.

Garlands,G Bar,Pink,Heaven and a few others around that area I can't name for the life of me as I'm normally around Matthew St, Albert Dock or Concert
gayforyounger
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
wait and it will happen, look for the right guy
gayforyounger
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DannyR2811)Yeah the main ones are.

Garlands,G Bar,Pink,Heaven and a few others around that area I can't name for the life of me as I'm normally around Matthew St, Albert Dock or Concert
and me
gayforyounger
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DannyR2811)Yeah the main ones are.

and me MY HOUSE IS POSH,,,,,

(Original post by DannyR2811)
Where do you go? I'm not gay but I know alot of clubs in the gay quarter.
(Original post by gingerben)
theres a fair few places in liverpool but many of them aint that posh tbh, its mainly garlands, g bar, pink and navy and the odd ones dotted accross. although i do no a pub called the post house which is pretty close to lyme street and theres a few nice gay bars there but i forget their names sry i couldnt be much help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.89%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.44%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (94)
17.84%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (77)
14.61%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.25%
How can I be the best version of myself? (158)
29.98%

Watched Threads