The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oldbatty
Last year it was around the 5th November

Indeed, I thought it was around early November last year. I remember being confused that we had to get our application in so early if they'd just be stagnating for the rest of the month until the UKCAT Consortium liaised. It causes loads of stress for loads of candidates!
Reply 7941
Do I include UKCAT on ucas?!
Reply 7942
i apologise.. clearly that's just been answered
Just sent off ucas ...feel soo stress free ...for now :biggrin:
I just got notified that I have a conditional offer for Biochemistry! :smile:

Got all excited when I saw the 'conditional', thinking it was for one of my Medicine choices. Then I got all disappointed, but at the very least, I have the option of going to university next year!
Original post by Normandy114

Got all excited when I saw the 'conditional', thinking it was for one of my Medicine choices. Then I got all disappointed, but at the very least, I have the option of going to university next year!

That's brilliant, where from, what's the offer?
Original post by CraigKirk
Indeed, I thought it was around early November last year. I remember being confused that we had to get our application in so early if they'd just be stagnating for the rest of the month until the UKCAT Consortium liaised. It causes loads of stress for loads of candidates!

if they don't get sent, do they just automatically assume you haven't taken the test, and reject you outright, or would they look into why it didn't get sent?

im so scared!
Reply 7947
Original post by Hanz_a93
Just sent off ucas ...feel soo stress free ...for now :biggrin:

The stress has just begun. :colone:
Original post by Straight up G
That's brilliant, where from, what's the offer?

University of East Anglia, for ABB :smile:
Reply 7949

Gratz! From where?
Original post by laurie:)
if they don't get sent, do they just automatically assume you haven't taken the test, and reject you outright, or would they look into why it didn't get sent?

im so scared!

They always get sent. I've not heard of a single case where a medic has been rejected because their UKCAT which they did complete wasn't given to the universities. They're efficient in that respect, considering that they do this for like tens of thousands of applicants.

If you did happen to be the first example though, couldn't you contact the university and say that you have your UKCAT score report which you would have received on the day of the test?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by CraigKirk
They always get sent. I've not heard of a single case where a medic has been rejected because their UKCAT which they did complete wasn't given to the universities. They're efficient in that respect, considering that they do this for like tens of thousands of applicants.

If you did happen to be the first example though, couldn't you contact the university and say that you have your UKCAT score report which you would have received on the day of the test?

i put my score on my application because everybody else at my school was, and so that just in case it didn't send, they'd think something was up.

i know exactly where my score report is, so i can get it immediatly if they ask for it - stuck on the fridge by my mum like a primary school kid's drawing :tongue:
University of East Anglia, for ABB :smile:

would you take the offer, or would you go on a gap year? i was considering not putting a fifth option because i intend to take a gap year rather than go to it, but then i got cold feet and put one in anyway :tongue:
UCAS application got sent off today ahhh, lett the waiting begin :colondollar:
Original post by laurie:)
would you take the offer, or would you go on a gap year? i was considering not putting a fifth option because i intend to take a gap year rather than go to it, but then i got cold feet and put one in anyway :tongue:

If my A levels go bad and I don't get AAA, I'll take it and apply for GEP. Otherwise I'll reapply.
Reply 7955
If my A levels go bad and I don't get AAA, I'll take it and apply for GEP. Otherwise I'll reapply.

Well done with your offer! I've applied to Imperial and UCL for biotechnology so if i dont get 3A's or i have a really bad ukcat next year I'll take those offers if i'm lucky enough to get one of them.Its a pain though because i've had to write 2 personal statements one for biotech and one for medicine.

actually, yeah thats the one thing that would make me take my fifth choice, cause i know most unis dont accept resits.
the only the im wary of is that i don't want to be stuck in an academic/research position for the rest of my life if i dont get in for GEP.

i think if it became increasingly apparent that i'd never get into medicine, i'd apply for children's nursing. i wouldnt be as happy as i would be being a doctor by faaarrrrrr, but i'd be happier than if i was in a research position.
Original post by maemg
Well done with your offer! I've applied to Imperial and UCL for biotechnology so if i dont get 3A's or i have a really bad ukcat next year I'll take those offers if i'm lucky enough to get one of them.Its a pain though because i've had to write 2 personal statements one for biotech and one for medicine.

Thanks, it's just a nice feeling to know I have the option to go to university if everything goes wrong. Did they ask for a second personal statement? I just applied with my medicine one.
Reply 7958

Same plan as me but slightly different. :biggrin: I chose two universities which do biomed or natural science as back up but also give you the opportunity to transfer after 1/2 years onto a medicine course, if I fail to transfer then GEP it is.
If I don't get 3 As I'll resit the year, GEP is a scary option.

Latest

Trending

Trending