The Student Room Group

Make-up ideas, colours, techniques

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by SoapyDish

I have a small obsession with collecting pretty colours of nail varnish

So much No.7! Do you do what I do and use those £5 boots vouchers on them? They're the cheapest item I can find in No.7 :P
Original post by ily_em
So much No.7! Do you do what I do and use those £5 boots vouchers on them? They're the cheapest item I can find in No.7 :P

Yeah I used vouchers on most of them - plus staff discount brings them down to 42p :wink:
Reply 182
Yeah I used vouchers on most of them - plus staff discount brings them down to 42p :wink:

42p!? Thats insane. WIsh I worked at boots :frown:

Wow, didn't realise just how cheap this made them! My mum used to work for boots and still has her discount card, I must take advantage of this! Or I could be even more of a cheapskate and wait until double discount day and save myself a few more pennies lol. Do you get 12.5% or 22.5% off no7 stuff?
Original post by PaperChain
Wow, didn't realise just how cheap this made them! My mum used to work for boots and still has her discount card, I must take advantage of this! Or I could be even more of a cheapskate and wait until double discount day and save myself a few more pennies lol. Do you get 12.5% or 22.5% off no7 stuff?

22.5%, and they take that off the total price before they take the £5 voucher off :biggrin:
22.5%, and they take that off the total price before they take the £5 voucher off :biggrin:

Awesome! I thought they're take it off after. Lol any more discount and they be paying you to buy it!
Great thread! I just bought the Sleek Curacao palette on ebay, I can't wait to try it :biggrin:
Just bought today's edinburgh groupon voucher

Three Hour Hair and Make-Up Course Plus MAC Goody Bag for £29 at Blaze (£300 Value)
Creating the perfect smoky eyes can be a lot like cooking; it requires patience, the right ingredients, careful blending, and a toaster. There’s no smoke without a blaze with today’s Groupon: for £29 get a three hour hair and make-up course at Blaze.

With tutors possessing a wealth of industry experience and a large client base of models and celebrities, Blaze Management Agency provides an abundance of courses for future embellishment experts. Their vast foundation powered fountain of knowledge offers lessons in hair, make-up, nails and body treatments, with recognised accreditations and wall worthy certificates for successful students.

Held at Glasgow's Jury's Inn, students will spend three hours with an experienced tutor to master the ancient martial art of enhancement. Using a mix of demonstrations and working on real models, students will be led through how to create stunning day and evening looks, learning to recognise what colours complement different skin tones, face shapes and hairstyles, as well as finding the best products to use. Burning questions will be addressed in a question and answer session, and students will graduate with a certificate to prove their completion of the course.

Cannot wait! Sounds like should be amazing just the tuition, plus mac good bag :drool:
I've got quite into my nail art stuff recently :biggrin: Well, practising it at least...can't say I'm very good.

These are my nails today, to remind me of summer as the weather's getting greyer...

Spoiler

Kind of need to tidy round the edges with a cotton bud and nail varnish remover, but otherwise I'm pretty pleased :smile:

The other night I went to a Disney party as Minnie Mouse, complete with red and white polka dot nails! Forgot to take a picture but it was something like this:

Warning, large picture...

I've got quite into my nail art stuff recently :biggrin: Well, practising it at least...can't say I'm very good.

These are my nails today, to remind me of summer as the weather's getting greyer...

Spoiler

Kind of need to tidy round the edges with a cotton bud and nail varnish remover, but otherwise I'm pretty pleased :smile:

The other night I went to a Disney party as Minnie Mouse, complete with red and white polka dot nails! Forgot to take a picture but it was something like this:

Wow love the minnie mouse nails especially!

I've just ordered a whole lot off elf including a gorgeous purple nail polish :colondollar:

Spoiler

Aww those are really cute! I love the clouds! What did you use to do them? :smile:
Original post by Mega Nerd
Aww those are really cute! I love the clouds! What did you use to do them? :smile:

An unfolded hair pin! Can't be doing with these expensive nail art pens :tongue:

ideas on how to create these looks?
Reply 195
Great thread :biggrin:
Sorry if this's been mentioned already but anyone got foundation for darker skin? tinted moisturiser or something?
My skin is very annoying: t-zone much darker than the rest of my face :frown:
I'm quite dark (by dark I mean type four to five), thus any foundation is too orange for me, any ideas?
Can anyone recommend a red lipstick with blue undertones? I'd like it to be quite bold but not clown-like (is that even a word?) as I'm very pale :smile:
Reply 197
I finally got the Naked palette from Urban decay AND if you get it directly form the debenhams shop you get a free make over with ANY palette of your choosing that you purchase.
How awesome is that?
Original post by Lovin
I finally got the Naked palette from Urban decay AND if you get it directly form the debenhams shop you get a free make over with ANY palette of your choosing that you purchase.
How awesome is that?

That's really good :smile: how much did you manage to get it for? oh, and is this for all debenhams, do you know?

xo

I like No7 nail polishes, I want to buy the new collection ones, and managed to find two vouchers :biggrin: have to spend them before Sunday though

Quick Reply

Latest