The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ucas form sent!
Has anyone got confirmation emails yet? I have one from Manchester, some other departments at my other unis have sent them too, but maths departments seem to be a bit lazy/slow
Original post by dnumberwang

Original post by dnumberwang
Has anyone got confirmation emails yet? I have one from Manchester, some other departments at my other unis have sent them too, but maths departments seem to be a bit lazy/slow

Nothing from Imperial or Bristol (where we're competing :wink:) but I have confirmation from Cambridge (but not my college), Bath and Warwick.
I have confirmation from Durham and St. Andrews :smile:
Original post by Edwin Okli
Nothing from Imperial or Bristol (where we're competing :wink:) but I have confirmation from Cambridge (but not my college), Bath and Warwick.

I have college and cambridge confirmation. No other unis yet
Original post by TheMagicMan

Original post by TheMagicMan
I have college and cambridge confirmation. No other unis yet

Emma must not love me. :frown:
Emma must not love me. :frown:

Emma sent me an acknowledgement the day after I sent my SAQ :smile:

Finally got an acknowledgement from Bristol today :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by goldfish134

Finally got an acknowledgment from Bristol today :biggrin:

This. :smile: Now only UCL and Oxford ignoring me.. and the dreaded wait for offers :/
Reply 1848
Don't worry about acknowledgements etc. It took me 3 months to get one from Durham and 8 months from Imperial (this acknowledgement was a rejection through UCAS).
Original post by Zuzuzu
Don't worry about acknowledgements etc. It took me 3 months to get one from Durham and 8 months from Imperial (this acknowledgement was a rejection through UCAS).

And UCL?
Reply 1850
Original post by ben-smith
And UCL?

Sent an e-mail in late October (29th, iirc) saying 'come to open day, get an offer'.
Original post by Zuzuzu
Sent an e-mail in late October (29th, iirc) saying 'come to open day, get an offer'.

In so many words?
Reply 1852
UCAS has been sent off, I want to get my offers and rejections now!!!!

Emma sent me an acknowledgement the day after I sent my SAQ :smile:

Ahhh, I'd better hurry up and complete it then. (You're applying to Emma too? I'm screwed...)

Checking my email.. and acknowledgement from Bristol. Yay!
Reply 1854
Original post by ben-smith
In so many words?

"I am writing to you concerning your application for a place on our degree BSc Mathematics (G100). I am very pleased to tell you that I have recommended to our Faculty Office that you be made an offer for a place. You should hear formally and in more detail from the College and from UCAS in due course. I am also inviting you to make a visit to the department for an Introductory Day on Wednesday 17th November 2010 at 1:30pm.

This visit will not involve an interview. It is instead an opportunity for you to learn more about UCL, the Mathematics Department and the degree programme(s) for which you have applied."
About acknowledgements and offers, I really wouldn't worry. My last acknowledgement was from Durham. In terms of offers, I got Nottingham in about 3 weeks, York about 3 weeks after that (same day as Cambridge interview), Kings in December, Cambridge offer in January and rejection from Durham in March. But it all varies. I know people who got all there offers within a month and others who got all their offers about February time :smile:
Ahhh, I'd better hurry up and complete it then. (You're applying to Emma too? I'm screwed...)

Checking my email.. and acknowledgement from Bristol. Yay!

Yeah, I'm applying to Emma for maths :biggrin:

Just realised I'm applying to the exact same universities as you :smile:

Yeah, I'm applying to Emma for maths :biggrin:

Just realised I'm applying to the exact same universities as you :smile:

That really is scary. But.. looking at your grades (and extrapolating your mathematical aptitude) I'd say you probably won't even have to bother with any universities but Cambridge.
That really is scary. But.. looking at your grades (and extrapolating your mathematical aptitude) I'd say you probably won't even have to bother with any universities but Cambridge.

That would be naive.

I know quite a few others with comparable UMS that did not manage 1,1 in STEP. Not that I'm trying to scare any of you, best of luck. :p:

Snap!

"In order to help the process run as smoothly as possible, we have created for you your very own VIP page which will keep you updated on key dates and events and provide links to information related to your own personal interests and preferences."

what the hell is this!

Latest