The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6940
Original post by CeeTay

Original post by CeeTay
YES!!!! you're like the first other biochemist i've seen on here too :') i've just sent mine to my referee to hopefully it's off tomorrow :biggrin: which college have you applied to?

wooooo! St Johns what about you? Just checked my details on UCAS and realised i have missed out a word though aghhhh!
Reply 6941
Original post by Hattie
wooooo! St Johns what about you? Just checked my details on UCAS and realised i have missed out a word though aghhhh!

ohh man, i don't plan on reading mine back now in case i do find a mistake! and Wadham :smile:
Original post by fluteflute
I've got A*A*A*A* predictions - I wouldn't worry about it :smile:
I think the vast majority of the 1.5% will be people who have missed their AAA/A*AA/A*A*A offer but were still admitted to the course.

Oh cool, where are you applying and for what course?
Reply 6943
ahhh good idea haha, and oooh wadham is very nice :smile: near to the labs aswell !
Reply 6944
Original post by Hattie
ahhh good idea haha, and oooh wadham is very nice :smile: near to the labs aswell !

yeah i loved wadham - party college!!! and it's really pretty :smile: i liked st johns too - if i'm thinking of the right one from the open day that is :P
Reply 6945
Original post by CeeTay
yeah i loved wadham - party college!!! and it's really pretty :smile: i liked st johns too - if i'm thinking of the right one from the open day that is :P

ahhh cool, st johns is on the main road into the city, apparently theres a little path behind to the labs which would be handy haha :smile:
Application gone today, thank heavens, I never want to see it ever again D: Probably full of mistakes despite being checking 2423523 times, but I'm just happy it's off in time 8D
Reply 6947
Original post by such_a_lady
Just finished my German essay...it is also 293 words too long...sigh...

Currently planning my history essay. Feels like the most important essay of my life xD
My teacher set the deadline for next Monday, i'm freaking out :eek:
Reply 6948
Original post by CeeTay

where else are you applying to? :smile:
Reply 6949
Original post by Hattie
where else are you applying to? :smile:

ooh yeah i know the one :biggrin: theyre all so pretty though so it doesn't really matter!!
i'm applying to exeter, edinburgh, nottingham and southampton - you? :smile:
Reply 6950
guys for oxford the entry requirement for IB students is
IB: 39 including core points, with 7, 6, 6 at Higher Level

what are the core points...like are they the points we get from EE, TOK and CAS?
Reply 6951
Original post by CeeTay
ooh yeah i know the one :biggrin: theyre all so pretty though so it doesn't really matter!!
i'm applying to exeter, edinburgh, nottingham and southampton - you? :smile:

yeahh they are! and im applying to york, lancaster, leeds and sheffield :smile:
Reply 6952
Original post by Hattie
yeahh they are! and im applying to york, lancaster, leeds and sheffield :smile:

oo nice choices - hopefully we both get the oxford interview and (fingers crossed) an offer though! what did you get at AS? :smile:
If I send off my UCAS application by about 10AM tomorrow, will it be processed by the deadline? Bearing in mind my tutor will attach the references etc straight away...
(Applying for history at Hertford College)
Reply 6954
Original post by Wagonsroll303
Um, I think I'll make it an open application.
Thanks for the reassurance everyone :smile:

guys for oxford to apply for biomedical science
the IB entry requirement is
IB: 39 including core points, with 7, 6, 6 at Higher Level

here what do they mean by core points? what are core points? are teh core points the points we get from TOK, EE and CAS ?
Reply 6955
Original post by CeeTay
oo nice choices - hopefully we both get the oxford interview and (fingers crossed) an offer though! what did you get at AS? :smile:

yeahh lets hope we get atleast an interview! and i got 4 A's in biology,chemistry, maths and media studies, you? :smile:
Reply 6956
Original post by Hattie
yeahh lets hope we get atleast an interview! and i got 4 A's in biology,chemistry, maths and media studies, you? :smile:

yeah ahah, i'll be miffed if i dont seeing as like 95% of biochemists do!
and i got 5 As in Biology, Chemistry, Maths, English Lit and Citizenship :smile:
AAAARKKKK stayed up till half two doing that essay and got up at half six, was out the door at half seven, cut it down and had a cheeky bit of help and printed it out and gave it in today with this incredible sense of achievement/disbelief that I was actually holding AN OXFORD ESSAY IN MY HAND...and she was like "cool thanks".

ANTI-CLIMAX.
Reply 6958
Original post by CeeTay
yeah ahah, i'll be miffed if i dont seeing as like 95% of biochemists do!
and i got 5 As in Biology, Chemistry, Maths, English Lit and Citizenship :smile:

ahh well done! and yeahh im reassuring myself with that percentage haha!
OH and I got a confirmation email from Bristol!! :biggrin: 4 down, 1 to go...

Latest

Trending

Trending