The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sharri5
NFL wants two london games-- at least according to this espn article

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7080597/roger-goodell-says-nfl-hopes-2nd-game-london

I'm not sure how nfl fans will respond to this.

NFL fans won't like it in the US-they arn't exactly pleased with a single regular season game. However for the UK fans it's brilliant!
Tebow is making me eat a large portion of humble pie atm.
Original post by The Patriot
x

Yo, you mentioned you had an American friend going to Staffs who was thinking about playing football. Is his name Manuel by any chance?

Also, ATL 14-0 GB. Motherf**kers.
(edited 12 years ago)
Rolling to 5-0 in the TSR fantasy league!
5-0. :smug:
4- 1 :frown:

None of my WRs or RBs got a TD and Tampa Bay decided to implode against the niners :angry:
Completely forgot Browns had a bye. :facepalm2:

Should have gone with Seahawks defence over Packers too, but looks like Schaub is going to take me to 4-1. :teeth:
Ok lets start something...

State your team and 2 players you wish your team had:

I will go first!

Patriots

1. DeMarcus Ware
2. Andre Johnson

49ers

1. Aaron Rodgers picked instead of Alex Smith
2. Maukrice Pouncey picked instead of Mike Iupati
I'm 4 - 1 in three of my leagues with 17 - 13 overall.

My move of the week was picking up Victor Cruz, throwing him in the starting line up and getting 20+ points out of him. My worst move was removing Hines Ward from all my line ups that had him in.

I'm reasonably happy to have an overall winning record even if our league has gone atrociously for me.
I'm now 5-0 in both of my leagues - Fred Jackson has been doing the business all season long and Chris Johnson is starting to get points too. I've been crippled by the bye in the TSR league for week 6 - four starters out! :frown:
Original post by Hedgeman49
I'm now 5-0 in both of my leagues - Fred Jackson has been doing the business all season long and Chris Johnson is starting to get points too. I've been crippled by the bye in the TSR league for week 6 - four starters out! :frown:

Better to get creamed one week and dominate the others than be weak on consecutive weeks...
Better to get creamed one week and dominate the others than be weak on consecutive weeks...

Yeah definitely looking like next week could be a loss - the guy I'm against is 4-1 and only has one starter on a bye. But after that, back in business. :colone:
Now on a 2 game winning streak but next weeks going to cripple me...
Had my first training session yesterday for my university team and was put on D.

Enjoyed it and they are a great bunch of lads but I am sore this morning :tongue:
Original post by paddy__power
Had my first training session yesterday for my university team and was put on D.

Enjoyed it and they are a great bunch of lads but I am sore this morning :tongue:

yeah I played a pick up game with some friends near my house. Full contact, no pads or anything, and plenty of em are rugby players.

Needless to say I got nailed. Sore all over LOL

D-line was it? if so, d end or tackle?
yeah I played a pick up game with some friends near my house. Full contact, no pads or anything, and plenty of em are rugby players.

Needless to say I got nailed. Sore all over LOL

D-line was it? if so, d end or tackle?

Tackle. I may end up also playing O at some point I would imagine but I like D :smile:
Original post by paddy__power
Tackle. I may end up also playing O at some point I would imagine but I like D :smile:

Sweet stuff! Good luck :P
Sweet stuff! Good luck :P

Thanks. I think I will be good when I have the tactics and such down :smile:

Even if not the fitness is good for me :tongue:
I joined my uni's team too, been playing as a wide receiver for the last two weeks now, really liking the sport
Had a great session tonight, they put me in at running back as a bit of a joke and ended up getting a very long gain and then on the next play making a 3rd level block for someone else's TD. Coach told me not to get any ideas. :P

In other news, we have some lev sleds now, they don't by half make you get low: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MucchKstoSQ&feature=related

We only have two though...

Latest