The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6960
Original post by such_a_lady
OH and I got a confirmation email from Bristol!! :biggrin: 4 down, 1 to go...

I got confirmations from St Andrews and Edinburgh...

but theres a guy on here who's already got an unconditional from glasgow and now im all on tenterhooks hoping for my 'fun-uni' offer =D =(
Original post by such_a_lady
OH and I got a confirmation email from Bristol!! :biggrin: 4 down, 1 to go...

I only have 2 confirmations- Durham and Bristol. Sigh :redface:

I have an overwhelming urge to send off the essays as soon as poss. and get it all done, but we have to wait for an acknowledgement :rolleyes:
Got a confirmation email from Oxford at 8:49am this morning which was nice! Also have them from Durham and York. Two more to go... it is a nice feeling! I've heard people have already got offers from Manchester which has made me a bit nervous.
Got 4/5 confirmation emails, the Oxford one made me feel too excited...
Original post by Grenville
Got 4/5 confirmation emails, the Oxford one made me feel too excited...

Original post by emmaaa88
Got a confirmation email from Oxford at 8:49am this morning which was nice! Also have them from Durham and York. Two more to go... it is a nice feeling! I've heard people have already got offers from Manchester which has made me a bit nervous.

Which colleges have you both applied to? :smile:
Reply 6965
Has anyone been to Worcester on an open day? How is it?
Original post by pai2502

Beautiful doesn't quite do it justice, put it that way :love:.
Nice small cosy college, leafy surroundings and reasonably tucked away from tourists; I walked past it whilst looking for it! :redface:

It's a very popular college for these reasons. :smile:
Reply 6967
Original post by Banoffeepie16
Beautiful doesn't quite do it justice, put it that way :love:.
Nice small cosy college, leafy surroundings and reasonably tucked away from tourists; I walked past it whilst looking for it! :redface:

It's a very popular college for these reasons. :smile:

oh! sounds like i made the right choice!:biggrin: anything else 'bout it?
Reply 6968
Original post by pai2502
oh! sounds like i made the right choice!:biggrin: anything else 'bout it?

I applied to Worcester College too :biggrin:
Original post by S_123
I've applied to Brasenose for English. Love English and loved Brasenose when I visited :smile: Worried about the ELAT now :/ I really, really hope that they think my application is good enough.

me too! :wink:
Reply 6970
Original post by pai2502

Its awesome. There is a lake, the accommodation is fantastic, the sports field is massive. Grand buildings, very Oxford-esque, brilliant library and the hall looks nice too (Y)

I was going to apply there but decided against it last minute, but you've def made a good choice :biggrin:
Reply 6971
Original post by Rand
I applied to Worcester College too :biggrin:

which course?

Pembroke! :biggrin: I think I might have been near the top of the email list because my surname begins with A, possibly.
Reply 6973
Hey guys I applied to Oxford to read PPE last year, but unfortunately I did not get in! If any potential PPEists would like info on how to not answer questions at interview, pm me. :smile:
eeep the school sent off my application proper today! and i got a confirmation email from Oxford... my reference is so cliche haha oh well. time to start ****ting myself in earnest for the elat
Admissions tests in 3 weeks today... :woo:
Reply 6976
Original post by The_0001
Hey guys I applied to Oxford to read PPE last year, but unfortunately I did not get in! If any potential PPEists would like info on how to not answer questions at interview, pm me. :smile:

So how did you answere them :redface:
Reply 6977
Immediate Attention!! All those taking ELAT next month:cry2::cry2:, how are you going about it? Freaked out( like me, coz i am an international) or chilling out?

St. John's, both Oxford and Durham :P
Original post by pai2502
Immediate Attention!! All those taking ELAT next month:cry2::cry2:, how are you going about it? Freaked out( like me, coz i am an international) or chilling out?

I'm not really doing much for it, to be honest. You can't really prepare for it as such, just have a look over the past paper example and practice your close-reading skills :smile:

Latest