The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Seb
I like the idea of running. I used to be quite the runner myself :smug: I would go running once, maybe twice, a month...

I should really start running again, and since I have so much time I could run for hours and hours each day!
And then by the time uni comes I'll be all "Lets see who can run further" and they'll turn around and be all "no way man, you're too good."
I'll be like "yes."

I can't draw for **** though... :colone:

haha :tongue:

i just want to run so i am actually exercising and not growing fat this year! but swimming i used to do it 4+ times a week..then became lazy :colondollar:
Haha yeah I've been running like crazy. .5k 5 times a week. (the other two days I do hockey lol :smile:)
I'm going to learn how to drive as well. And hopefully get a part time job so I can occupy my time :smile:

I used to have a huge collage in my room of cool magazine ads and photos with friends etc. but moved house... and now my mother won't let me do it again (she's a clean freak and wants my room to look like an IKEA ad....) MEH!
SO SO SO ANNOYED COLLEGE ARE ABOUT TO **** UP MY APPLICATION :argh:
Original post by Harbour Seal
SO SO SO ANNOYED COLLEGE ARE ABOUT TO **** UP MY APPLICATION :argh:

Pray tell...
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Pray tell...

OMFG, sent away my referee details last week under the impression they would contact him for a reference, and I got a confirmation email last week and assumed it was sorted. Sent an e-mail yesterday to check everything was OK and the sent me a really arsey e-mail telling me that they "NEEDED" these details and that I "NEEDED" to do this. I had to give the details AGAIN. Then it turns out that I also need to chase up my own reference! ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME? FOR **** SAKE IF THIS IS WHAT I HAD TO DO, THEN WHY DID YOU TELL ME DIFFERENT?

So so so so angry about how disorganised they are. They are taking the total ****ing piss.

So pissed off. Really regretting this course.
OMFG, sent away my referee details last week under the impression they would contact him for a reference, and I got a confirmation email last week and assumed it was sorted. Sent an e-mail yesterday to check everything was OK and the sent me a really arsey e-mail telling me that they "NEEDED" these details and that I "NEEDED" to do this. I had to give the details AGAIN. Then it turns out that I also need to chase up my own reference! ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME? FOR **** SAKE IF THIS IS WHAT I HAD TO DO, THEN WHY DID YOU TELL ME DIFFERENT?

So so so so angry about how disorganised they are. They are taking the total ****ing piss.

So pissed off. Really regretting this course.

Calm. That is certainly annoying, do you have time to get everything sorted?
Calm. That is certainly annoying, do you have time to get everything sorted?

Thing is, my referee is really busy and it's dead difficult to get in contact with him. I would have been better applying myself as an individual. And no, I might not have time to sort it, especially if I can't pin him down to make him aware of the situation.

Honestly, 2 days to go! Could they not have highlighted this sooner? So annoyed.

I need a cup of tea and a sob :cry2:
(edited 12 years ago)
Thing is, my referee is really busy and it's dead difficult to get in contact with him. I would have been better applying myself as an individual. And no, I might not have time to sort it, especially if I can't pin him down to make him aware of the situation.

Honestly, 2 days to go! Could they not have highlighted this sooner? So annoyed.

I need a cup of tea and a sob :cry2:

Everything will be fine :smile: Calm down, get in contact with your referee by homing pigeon if necessary. 2 days is more than enough time to upload a reference.
Everything will be fine :smile: Calm down, get in contact with your referee by homing pigeon if necessary. 2 days is more than enough time to upload a reference.

I know I'm being dramatic, but i honestly can't wait another year for this :frown: I swear, I'll go nuclear on the college if they have ****ed this up for me.
Original post by JessicaStacks
Or it's Bart's where I'm not as keen on the course, it's probably easier to get into, as it's not as popular as Nottingham, and it's in London which I am very keen on considering I have to live there 5 years and I'll probably end up working there, but I'm not as keen on the course and I don't know whether I'll like the uni as I haven't seen what it's like etc. Ideas?

Wrong reasons to apply :unimpressed:

If you prefer Nottingham then apply to Nottingham, man up :colonhash:

Drama has been sorted, I love my referee and I think I will pledge myself to a lifetime of slavery for him.

Helps that he's easy on the eye :wink:
Drama has been sorted, I love my referee and I think I will pledge myself to a lifetime of slavery for him.

Helps that he's easy on the eye :wink:

On this week's TMI....
On this week's TMI....

Saw a girl in college last week who hadn't realise her mini mini skirt had ridden up and Mr Seal and I could see her pants. Nice pants and all, but I didn't need to see them.

Im with TooSexy...(Has an epic name :biggrin:), you'll get it sorted and then you'll have a laugh and hate your collage forever :smile:. Just don't worry too much!!! You have time!
Saw a girl in college last week who hadn't realise her mini mini skirt had ridden up and Mr Seal and I could see her pants. Nice pants and all, but I didn't need to see them.

Is very nice :colone:
Original post by Doctor.
Im with TooSexy...(Has an epic name :biggrin:), you'll get it sorted and then you'll have a laugh and hate your collage forever :smile:. Just don't worry too much!!! You have time!

Don't wear it out :dry:........:tongue:
Don't wear it out :dry:........:tongue:

Are you actually sexy though? That is the real question.
Reply 4277
Original post by atomos
haha :tongue:

i just want to run so i am actually exercising and not growing fat this year! but swimming i used to do it 4+ times a week..then became lazy :colondollar:

Wow. My first ever multi-quote. I am so proud.

Yeah I hear you. Since my gap year 'started', excercise has been on the decline (so basically from little to nothing) meanwhile eating has increased... I'm ashamed. :colone:

Haha yeah I've been running like crazy. .5k 5 times a week. (the other two days I do hockey lol :smile:)
I'm going to learn how to drive as well. And hopefully get a part time job so I can occupy my time :smile:

I used to have a huge collage in my room of cool magazine ads and photos with friends etc. but moved house... and now my mother won't let me do it again (she's a clean freak and wants my room to look like an IKEA ad....) MEH!

.5k? u dizzy blud? I ran 13 miles once :cool:

...a year ago... shhhh!

Original post by Seb

Yeah I hear you. Since my gap year 'started', excercise has been on the decline (so basically from little to nothing) meanwhile eating has increased... I'm ashamed. :colone:

...a year ago... shhhh!

I've gotten pretty good at exercising my liver if that counts. :smile:

Seriously though I know what you guys mean.

I feel like i've got more free time now but I feel tired when I get home or people wanna go out, so I barely have time to do anything.

I guess being on my feet all day has helped though, i've lost a stone since I started working.

The only thing I really do now is jog when I walk the dog.
much less than before like.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4279
Original post by joemullally
I've gotten pretty good at exercising my liver if that counts. :smile:

Seriously though I know what you guys mean.

I feel like i've got more free time now but I feel tired when I get home or people wanna go out, so I barely have time to do anything.

I guess being on my feet all day has helped though, i've lost a stone since I started working.

The only thing I really do now is jog when I walk the dog.
much less than before like.

Original post by Seb

...a year ago... shhhh!

Oh god, I know what you mean. I keep weighing myself - I definitely haven't put on weight, but I'm sure I should do with my increase in eating, and complete nonexistance of any excersize...

I went to a dance class last night though which was reeaaaaallly good. Although I am still aching now, and moving is slightly difficult. I would love to start running as well - I actually got to downloading the NHS couch to 5k plan (although I could probably start on week three or something :/) until I remembered the reason I don't run... Every time I do, chavs like to point out how out of breath I look :frown: It seems silly to drive to somewhere decent to run :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending