The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by such_a_lady
Jenny- stop worrying. You will be fine. I reckon you're a dead cert, seriously. I wish my teachers had gone to Oxford :rolleyes: The Spanish teacher helping me is decidedly anti-Oxbridge, which is fun. I also wish they had time to make their own tests for me. When I finish the archived ones (which I think I already have for German), that's it. No one's organised mock interviews yet, but hopefully it'll get there. Relax, you're amazing, and if you don't get a place, none of the other MFL applicants, including me, will do either! :biggrin:

Oh Chiara, I love you! :jumphug:

I wish I could be optimistic but I'm struggling!
Thank you for the support, but 'dead cert'? :eek2:... I wish. I don't think anyone can be certain, this whole process feels like a lottery!

Let's hope we both get in and look back at this thread fondly :moon:

Good luck with the mock interviews, you'll be, for want of a better adjective, fantástica :biggrin::yep:
Original post by Ray of Light
Are there any MLAT papers online? It seems interesting.

Yup, http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate_courses/how_to_apply/tests/index.html just scroll down to Modern Languages :smile:
Reply 7002
Original post by anyone_can_fly
Not got one yet and I sent my form off just over two weeks ago. Oh, and maths high five! :biggrin:

Phew, was starting to panic a bit even though I only sent it on friday :wink: maths high five!

Very nervous about the MAT :afraid:
Original post by hannahwhelan
Admissions tests in 3 weeks today... :woo:

Bring it....! :colone:

:getmecoat: :eek4:
Original post by FernF
how soon did you all get an acknowledgement email after sending off ucas?

Applied for maths :smile:

This question. I sent mine off last Friday and haven't had one yet - although mine is an open application and this may be why....
Is it sad that one of the things I'm worried about is being rejected and then having to come and announce it to everyone on this thread? :biggrin:
Original post by KingMessi
This question. I sent mine off last Friday and haven't had one yet - although mine is an open application and this may be why....

:iiam:

I received mine about a week after my UCAS was processed.
Original post by FernF
how soon did you all get an acknowledgement email after sending off ucas?

Applied for maths :smile:

After a few hours.
Is it sad that one of the things I'm worried about is being rejected and then having to come and announce it to everyone on this thread? :biggrin:

I'm terrified of having to tell my viola teacher that I've been rejected. If you knew my viola teacher this would make complete sense. She'll LOOK at me. :redface:
Reply 7009
Original post by kat1912
I just applied to St Johns! Was really excited but then I just read some reviews and they said "Don't apply there if aesthetics are important to you!". I haven't actually visited St Johns.. does anyone know what its like? Is it actually a really 'ugly' college?!

Some of the buildings are old and beautiful , some are 60's things which arnet too attractive but it is quite cool looking , its called the beehive, google image it. Then there is this new kendrew quad building which is modern but amazing! :smile:
I'm terrified of having to tell my viola teacher that I've been rejected. If you knew my viola teacher this would make complete sense. She'll LOOK at me. :redface:

Music teachers are scary :afraid: I used to get genuinely terrified of turning up to a lesson when I hadn't done enough practice!
Reply 7011

Yeah same my singing teacher (went to cambridge) is still annoyed that I applied to Oxford :rolleyes:
:iiam:

I received mine about a week after my UCAS was processed.

Hm. It's a mystery. If it hasn't come by Friday I shall start to worry in that case...

No. I feel the same. :tongue: :erm:
Original post by KingMessi
Hm. It's a mystery. If it hasn't come by Friday I shall start to worry in that case...

I sent mine on the 26th September, almost two weeks ago, and I haven't had anything yet either so I shouldn't worry, all the colleges are probably at slightly different stages.
Original post by Banoffeepie16
I sent mine on the 26th September, almost two weeks ago, and I haven't had anything yet either so I shouldn't worry, all the colleges are probably at slightly different stages.

Hmm, that is strange. I applied on Monday and got mine today...
Original post by Grenville
Hmm, that is strange. I applied on Monday and got mine today...

It probably depends on subject, college and various other things. Not many have their e-mails yet, and no one I know personally has.

I hope I get mine soon though!
Has anyone been invited for an interview yet, or would they start that process after Friday?
Reply 7018
They start that process about a week before interviews are held.
Original post by Mousebudden
Oh cool, where are you applying and for what course?
Have a look beneath this post :biggrin:

How about you?

Latest

Trending

Trending