The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by twelve
Oh god, I know what you mean. I keep weighing myself - I definitely haven't put on weight, but I'm sure I should do with my increase in eating, and complete nonexistance of any excersize...

I went to a dance class last night though which was reeaaaaallly good. Although I am still aching now, and moving is slightly difficult. I would love to start running as well - I actually got to downloading the NHS couch to 5k plan (although I could probably start on week three or something :/) until I remembered the reason I don't run... Every time I do, chavs like to point out how out of breath I look :frown: It seems silly to drive to somewhere decent to run :/

I live right by a field next to some woods (living in wales that's not a shocker.)
I am in a small city though :P strange place.
I love running my dog in the woods, especially like at night.
It's pretty awesome because the woods are right next to a strait (like the love child of a mini sea and a really big river).
So when the moon shines it like hits through the leaves and it's just legend.
sounds cheesy but there's not much better.

Also I can put my Ipod on and sing as loud as I want and no one will hear :smile:.

Gets a bit awkward when you find come across some students camping or something and you're running and singing some Reel Big Fish or something.

but nah you should ignore them anyway, or just go late at night when they're busy getting their stomachs pumped in A+E.

When I was younger and couldn't sleep i'd walk my dog in the small of the morning, because he'd be awake and I couldn't sleep.
Never saw anyone at that time.

I love where I live, If I go to somewhere like Leeds i'll miss being near the sea tbh.
It's also dead quiet, that's also the problem with my area though.
my city has 15,000 locals and 16,000 students so it's not a big place.
It'l be one of those places where I enjoy going to uni but i'll also love coming home for the holidays.
Reply 4281
Can I move in with you ? It sounds magical........
Original post by joemullally
I live right by a field next to some woods (living in wales that's not a shocker.)
It's pretty awesome because the woods are right next to a strait (like the love child of a mini sea and a really big river).

Also I can put my Ipod on and sing as loud as I want and no one will hear :smile:.

Gets a bit awkward when you find come across some students camping or something and you're running and singing some Reel Big Fish or something.

but nah you should ignore them anyway, or just go late at night when they're busy getting their stomachs pumped in A+E.

When I was younger and couldn't sleep i'd walk my dog in the small of the morning, because he'd be awake and I couldn't sleep.

I love where I live, If I go to somewhere like Leeds i'll miss being near the sea tbh.
It'l be one of those places where I enjoy going to uni but i'll also love coming home for the holidays.

reel big fish are amazing
Original post by atomos
reel big fish are amazing

I know, I love a bit of ska punk.
However randomers I trip over because they've gone into the woods for "private time" are never that impressed.
Reply 4284
Sent off my ucas! Imperial(reapplying), Kings, Birmingham and UEA.
A*AAB and 663(fml) ukcat

I hope we all get in this time.

P.s. You are all now my new best friends.
Reply 4285
Original post by joemullally

Bless, your city has 30 000 people, my town has 160k. :colondollar:
I can't sing while I run, that's just too much for me. But there's this path that's about 3 miles long with no roads near it and it's my favourite place to run. I should be more scared that a murderer might jump out the bushes and be like "AHHHHHH!" and chase me with a knife. Of course I will be extremely fit and sprint away from them with ease.
Reply 4286
Original post by sounv001
Sent off my ucas! Imperial(reapplying), Kings, Birmingham and UEA.
A*AAB and 663(fml) ukcat

I hope we all get in this time.

P.s. You are all now my new best friends.

HI!
Reply 4287
Original post by Seb
HI!

Haha HELLO <3
Grr my PS is 5000 characters. This is too annoying since I cannot find what I should cut down on! Teachers are saying "just cut down on the irrelevant stuff". It is ALL relevant (in my mind) :tongue:.
Original post by Doctor.
Grr my PS is 5000 characters. This is too annoying since I cannot find what I should cut down on! Teachers are saying "just cut down on the irrelevant stuff". It is ALL relevant (in my mind) :tongue:.

Woah that is a lot! Get people who haven't seen it as much as you have to have a look. I realised I had long phrases such as "While working in an oncology department, I observed" when I could have just had, "In oncology, I observed". Obviously you'll need to cut out actual chunks of experience that are not as good as the rest, but rephrasing things and changing small words helps cut down on those last few x
Original post by Doctor.
I am going into school tomorrow. I am so so so nervous :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:. An I am quite excited too!!!

:biggrin: going into school to send your application off?
Original post by Doctor.

that's not nearly as annoying as when you're 1 or 2 characters over the limit and you've already cut the PS down to it's bare bones!

i suggest rephrase things using shorter sentences- that way you'll retain all the points while using less characters.
or copying your well under the limit statement into ucas where it decides that spaced paragraphs are taken into account and you're 7 lines over...
Original post by Dr.Galaxy99
that's not nearly as annoying as when you're 1 or 2 characters over the limit and you've already cut the PS down to it's bare bones!

i suggest rephrase things using shorter sentences- that way you'll retain all the points while using less characters.

I will be doing that lol :tongue:

My teacher will help! :biggrin:. An hopefully today I'll finish it and then my teachers will send it off right after they do a last minuite check!!
I just sent my form off...literally was shaking when I clicked pay/send....
gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!
am watching scrubs now to chill. :biggrin:

anyone else get the feeling of "holy ****, I've forgotten/made a mistake/need to change choices"
I haven't chosen a fifth choice either - I've heard you can add that later up to January?
Reply 4295
Original post by ivegotluckyscrubs

anyone else get the feeling of &quot;holy ****, I've forgotten/made a mistake/need to change choices&quot;
I haven't chosen a fifth choice either - I've heard you can add that later up to January?

just a feeling of having signed my life away :s-smilie:
havent heard about adding last choices, but there's always clearing :lol:

anyone else get the feeling of "holy ****, I've forgotten/made a mistake/need to change choices"

Yes that's correct for any course other than Medicine, Dentistry or Vet science.

Anything else is cool :smile: Good luck
Original post by kingme
just a feeling of having signed my life away :s-smilie:
havent heard about adding last choices, but there's always clearing :lol:

same here...
I kinda freaked out when you said you hadn't heard of adding last choices...
even though I know it's possible because ucas says it and my referee said it as well...hahahaha...

extreme paranoia! :colondollar:
Original post by Doctor.
Yes that's correct for any course other than Medicine, Dentistry or Vet science.

Anything else is cool :smile: Good luck

good luck to you too!

we reapps should stick together...haha
Reply 4299

anyone else get the feeling of &quot;holy ****, I've forgotten/made a mistake/need to change choices&quot;

Yeahh you can! I'm trying to research that now - I've managed to get over the initial AHHHHH feeling of sending my application off, and I finally feel like I can actually think about it now haha.

Only problem is whether to go for an academic subject (which for me would probably be some kind of mixture between biochemistry, molecular and cellular biology, genetics and maybe a bit of biomedical sciences stuck in there for good measure) or try my hand at a vocational course. No idea what though - although I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to do Pharmacy. Sounds like a great career, but I'm just not sure its for me :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending