The Student Room Group

2012 - veterinary re-applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sezza33155
Hey, just thought i would say 'Hi'
I am also reapplying after straight rejections last year :frown:
I've decided to apply to RVC this time, but dreading BMAT... And unfortunately have the added pressure of having to resit a chemistry module coz i only got a B, sucks...
But hopefully we will all prove the vet schools wrong, and all get offers this time round XD

Hi, and welcome! :smile:
sorry to hear about your straight rejections, hopefully you will have more luck this year, where else are you applying?
Reply 301
hey guys! I'm in my first year of veterinary and was wondering if anyone knew a farmer who was looking for help over easter with lambing? Message me if you do! Thanks!
Original post by PurpleTinkerbell08
Hi, and welcome! :smile:
sorry to hear about your straight rejections, hopefully you will have more luck this year, where else are you applying?

RVC, Nottingham, Bristol and Liverpool. How about you?
Reply 303
Original post by Rachhyyyy
where are you from?

devon... why?
Original post by sezza33155
RVC, Nottingham, Bristol and Liverpool. How about you?

good choices! mine are exactly the same :biggrin:
Hello again, fellow reapplicants!

I've almost finished my personal statement. I'm really conflicted at the moment as to whether or not I should include a full list of my work experience (talking about cattery/neuter clinic, riding school and dairy in detail) or not. Been advised to leave it out and it would save space but I don't want to look like I've only done those three placements. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Original post by Judas the Prude
Hello again, fellow reapplicants!

I've almost finished my personal statement. I'm really conflicted at the moment as to whether or not I should include a full list of my work experience (talking about cattery/neuter clinic, riding school and dairy in detail) or not. Been advised to leave it out and it would save space but I don't want to look like I've only done those three placements. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have literally only written a couple of lines highliting each placement and what i gained from them... they will ask you for more in depth details at interview. Try and write in all your work experience but just don't go into too much detail, you need to look as if you have done loads, so don't hold back :smile:
Reply 307
are any reapplicants putting a back up!? i don't want to but i don't know what i'll do this year if i don't get in for a second time. any ideas?
Original post by Lucy_x
are any reapplicants putting a back up!? i don't want to but i don't know what i'll do this year if i don't get in for a second time. any ideas?

I am :smile: Biology & psychology at Reading - though due to my personal statement I don't think I'll actually get in - ah well :')

I know both Nottingham and Bristol said on their open days, if you applied there, they'd understand that you need a 5th option so will probably not frown down on your app too much due to have an all vetty personal statement :smile: (I got a bio offer last year but turned it down to retry!)
Original post by Lucy_x

I am.

Animal Health and Welfare at Harper Adams. I stayed there on a 3 day residential in July and loved it. The course is more focused on my specific interests (mixed species, behaviour and management, etc.) than their Animal Science (farm animals, with just enough animal management to differentiate it from Biovet) or Bioveterinary Science. Plus it has a placement year I'd love to spend abroad if I could.

I don't want to jinx anything but if I don't get into Vet this year, I'd do AH+W, and if I don't get anywhere I think I'd try for animal based courses just once more, or I'd just use my OU credits and get a degree through that/get a full time job. I'm interested in being a Veterinary Officer with the army, but if it comes to it Vet Technician doesn't need a degree at all.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 310
good luck with the applications everyone! i'm still struggling with my personal statement. :/ I swear everyone tells you to put in different things?
also, should we put in what we plan to do in our gap year? space is so limited... :frown:
Original post by jayy...(:
good luck with the applications everyone! i'm still struggling with my personal statement. :/ I swear everyone tells you to put in different things?
also, should we put in what we plan to do in our gap year? space is so limited... :frown:

Definitely put in some gap year plans, even if you've only got one or two things set in stone. They'll want to see that we're doing something productive in one way or another. (Plus it's something to talk about at interviews.)
Reply 312
Original post by gernumblies
Definitely put in some gap year plans, even if you've only got one or two things set in stone. They'll want to see that we're doing something productive in one way or another. (Plus it's something to talk about at interviews.)

thats what i thought, then loads of people told me it was a waste of space. its an absolute nightmare...
Original post by jayy...(:
thats what i thought, then loads of people told me it was a waste of space. its an absolute nightmare...

It's so annoying. :frown:

But I finally got my UCAS acknowledgement email today after nearly two weeks so that's one positive thing.
Reply 314
Original post by gernumblies
It's so annoying. :frown:

But I finally got my UCAS acknowledgement email today after nearly two weeks so that's one positive thing.

haha lucky you, I wish mine was sent off, i'm so fed up of it....
Reply 315
ahh my god i sent my ucas of last week and got it back today to make some changes of which i don't know what yet! i want confirmation emails then i can get on with life :P i put about a line on my gap year saying what work exp i was going to do as i don't really have anything else planned!

yumyums can't you send an additional personal statement or something? harper adams seems quite perfect then gernumblies :smile:
Original post by Lucy_x
ahh my god i sent my ucas of last week and got it back today to make some changes of which i don't know what yet! i want confirmation emails then i can get on with life :P i put about a line on my gap year saying what work exp i was going to do as i don't really have anything else planned!

yumyums can't you send an additional personal statement or something? harper adams seems quite perfect then gernumblies :smile:

Not that I'm aware of - they only look at the one personal statement you send in :\ unless there's some sneaky thing no-one told me about! -_-
Ucas sent of a few days ago :smile:
Let the craic begin :biggrin:
Original post by Lucy_x

:biggrin: It is. Not just for the course but the food.

Oh god, the food... :coma:
Original post by Irishguy2K10
Ucas sent of a few days ago :smile:
Let the craic begin :biggrin:

I'm not sure I'm ready for going back to checking my emails three times a day. :tongue:

Quick Reply