The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Open University Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Back from my T325 exam, straightforward enough, couple of bits i hadnt even revised, as is always the case with things like this, but overall a happy bunny. Now for part 2 of stressy-time, T356 next weds - not revised at all for it, so thats priority from tomorrow
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
I got stuff in the post but not sure where or how I even get started. I'm so confused. Somebody help me please. :'(
Reply 4602
Original post by Gridiron-Gangster
I got stuff in the post but not sure where or how I even get started. I'm so confused. Somebody help me please. :'(

Log onto your student home and check each module page. Although you've got your materials the website may not be open yet. Once it is, usually the front page of each module website will be a study calendar telling you which bits to study during what week, and all the TMA deadlines. You'll also be able to download your first TMA guides which contain a little handbook and the question(s). There will usually be a forum for your tutor group and a group 'cafe' forum for all tutor groups to chat together, and often a separate forum for each block. In these you can ask questions (as long as you're not asking for too much specific TMA help) and talk to other students & the tutors.

Don't panic, just take your time reading through everything and it should become clear.
Original post by Gridiron-Gangster

Amongst the printed materials should be a course guide for each module. They are the first things that you should read. They explain how the modules will progress including details such as the ones Kate mentioned.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4604
That's T207 out of the way. Someone was hammering next to the place all through the exam :s-smilie: Annoying.

We'll see what happens in December.
Reply 4605
Got an exam tomorrow which I am really dreading.

Everyone on my course has raved about how interesting it is. I've found it dull, boring and far from stimulating.

The worst thing is that if I fail, it messes up two years worth of studying for a degree and I may have to start on a different path.

My TMA marks have slipped as a result too. Just got no interest or confidence. I'm 20 years old, so I'm thinking whether another 3 years on a new degree which I enjoy is worth it.

I'm doing Business at the moment, but my strengths lie in English. I've gained a Business and Legal certificate so far in the two years. It's not all been doom and gloom.

Help please!
Reply 4606
Does anyone have the course materials from MS221 that they could pass on or sell? I'm currently studying MST121 and S104 and I'd like to study MST209 next year and I'd like to prepare (besides the MST121 course looks like it's stuff I've covered in previous study).
Original post by LFC FAN

Everyone on my course has raved about how interesting it is. I've found it dull, boring and far from stimulating.

The worst thing is that if I fail, it messes up two years worth of studying for a degree and I may have to start on a different path.

My TMA marks have slipped as a result too. Just got no interest or confidence. I'm 20 years old, so I'm thinking whether another 3 years on a new degree which I enjoy is worth it.

I'm doing Business at the moment, but my strengths lie in English. I've gained a Business and Legal certificate so far in the two years. It's not all been doom and gloom.

Help please!

So you're working towards a business degree? How many credits do you have so far? I'd stick with it. It's probably going to impress more employers than an English degree, although I personally think English degrees are great. Besides won't you have to start a new degree path before September to avoid the fee hike?
those who have finished their exams, any of you been back on the forums for it? There are 2 people in particular complaining and angry because the exam never tested what THEY had revised! LMAO - boo hoo, basically, they said that they got over 95% in each tma, so shouldnt get poor exam results because they didnt revise the bit the exam had tested on!
Reply 4609
Original post by LFC FAN

Help please!

Could you switch to an Open Degree and incorporate some more English modules?
Reply 4610
Original post by bufferz
those who have finished their exams, any of you been back on the forums for it? There are 2 people in particular complaining and angry because the exam never tested what THEY had revised! LMAO - boo hoo, basically, they said that they got over 95% in each tma, so shouldnt get poor exam results because they didnt revise the bit the exam had tested on!

OMG - so basically, they read the materials only enough to cover the TMAs, and just then revised their TMAs without actually doing any proper revision for the exam..... Their tough luck IMO :colondollar:
Original post by bufferz

Fools. :s-smilie:
Original post by TheNod
Does anyone have the course materials from MS221 that they could pass on or sell? I'm currently studying MST121 and S104 and I'd like to study MST209 next year and I'd like to prepare (besides the MST121 course looks like it's stuff I've covered in previous study).

So you don't need to take MS221 before MST209?
I'm doing MS221 now, still need my books tho, sorry!
Come to think of it...
Does anybody want my MST121 books?
They take up too much room, and they're pretty irrelevant now i think about it.
Reply 4614
Original post by Piko_Piko

Nope, MS221 wasn't required for the maths degree route I was going to take. I took it as one of my optional modules though as I thought it'd be helpful.
Reply 4615
I don't want to give away my books though sorry. I'm on a maths degree at a brick uni and they're super helpful when I can't work out what my lecturer is talking about sometimes.
Original post by alibee
Nope, MS221 wasn't required for the maths degree route I was going to take. I took it as one of my optional modules though as I thought it'd be helpful.

So, you took it in addition to going to a red brick? :confused: Or did you transfer to one later?
Reply 4617

So, you took it in addition to going to a red brick? :confused: Or did you transfer to one later?

I started doing OU but my financial situation changed and I was able to afford to come to uni full time. I used my MST121 and MS221 to gain entry to my current uni where I'm just starting my first year. I'm almost certain I took MS221 out of choice though, not because it was required on my degree path.
Original post by alibee
I started doing OU but my financial situation changed and I was able to afford to come to uni full time. I used my MST121 and MS221 to gain entry to my current uni where I'm just starting my first year. I'm almost certain I took MS221 out of choice though, not because it was required on my degree path.

Ah I see. I assumed you would have to take it for a pure maths degree since it's recommended for engineering. And it's SO much maths.
Reply 4619

You don't need MS221 before taking MST209 but it is recommended. There is bridging material for people have only taken MST121 and want to take MST209. I'd rather get on top of it now than try and struggle along next year though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending