The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3880
Original post by economyst
I heard from some one, not entirely sure on this, that downing may give an offer based on STEP. I emailed them on the issue and didn't receive a reply.

If anyone hasn't filled out their SAQ, I would advise them to answer their questions and not ignore them, even if they seem irrelevant. Perhaps they asked this to indirectly find out how much extra support your school gives so they can see what applicants come form a supportive school (those who offer STEP help) and those who come from a less supportive school (those who don't offer STEP).

I disagree. Those applying for Maths will mention it.
Reply 3881
Original post by Groat
I disagree. Those applying for Maths will mention it.

Tbh, it doesn't matter at all whether you leave it blank or say no/yes. But like you I figured it didn't really apply to Econ so left it blank
Reply 3882
Original post by Tateco
Yeah my UCAS was sent off yesterday :wink:

Good question, In my head I pronounce it Tat-eh-co and that's how I think it should be said, the second one sounds weird :tongue:

Well the second one for if your surname was Tate I guess? Does your username mean anything then?

Anywho, UCAS SENT! A marvelously underwhelming experience, and instead of worrying about PS stuff, I'm now going to worry about tracking stuff!:pierre:
Reply 3883
Hi guys, I will be applying next week hopefully. Just a few last minute thoughts. Do you think it's worth me applying for economics and accounting? Seeing as I've been thinking about getting into accountancy as a career lately. Or would straight economics have better job prospects than a joint honours in economics and accounting? I was thinking about applying for this degree because it seems to be less competitive, and I would be able to hopefully get offers from better universities, than if I applied just for straight economics for all my choices.
Would it be pointless applying to UCL if I had: Maths-A*, Economics-A*, Physics-B????
Reply 3885
Original post by pot noodle
Would it be pointless applying to UCL if I had: Maths-A*, Economics-A*, Physics-B????

Is that a predicted grade of B? How far are you off an A?
just got confirmation of a conditional offer at bath :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 3887
Original post by vinchenzo25
just got confirmation of a conditional offer at bath :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Congrats! i know a couple of people with offers from Bath (2 for Maths 1 for Econ). How were your grades like? and where else are you applying?
Cheers ! I got 4A's and a B in critical thinking ! It all seems so real now ! Cambridge, Warwick, Nottingham and Durham are the others.
When people are getting offer now, does it mean there are less places avalaible for the ones who haven't sent the application yet ??

And I'm currently in Economics university in France, should I include this in my PS?

Thanks!
Reply 3890

Wow already? Congratulations pal!

Just out of curiosity, was it with the year placement? :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Well done :smile:

Just a quick question to everyone else, have you received an acknowledgement email from Nottingham?

put it in the offers thread! be the first one! <3
Original post by crazy1234
Well done :smile:

Just a quick question to everyone else, have you received an acknowledgement email from Nottingham?

Nope, received them from the other four, but not Notts yet

I wouldn't worry, they probably don't acknowledge as quickly as the others

:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Wow, well done!

*gets envious*

When did you send off your application?
Original post by DylanLJG
Nope, received them from the other four, but not Notts yet

I wouldn't worry, they probably don't acknowledge so quickly as the others

:smile:

Ahhh, I received my other four on monday so was getting a bit worried since its been four days, particularly when some of my friends already have offers from top universities, and a university hasn't even acknowledged me
Reply 3896
Original post by crazy1234
Ahhh, I received my other four on monday so was getting a bit worried since its been four days, particularly when some of my friends already have offers from top universities, and a university hasn't even acknowledged me

Offers from where btw?
I'm applying still haven't sent of my application but will tommorow I haven't done economics a level because my college doesn't offer it.

I applied to birmingham, bristol, manchester, hull and coventry so......
Original post by zxh800
Offers from where btw?

Some from York, a few have been called in for informal chats with imperial, which apparently basically means they have an place. As well as that I think a few got some from universities that where basically there back up. None of these are for economics though, in case anyone sees York and asks.
Original post by Hemzo
Wow already? Congratulations pal!

Just out of curiosity, was it with the year placement? :smile:

Hey, yes it is the sandwich !

Latest

Trending

Trending