The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Acknowledgement from Bath. :biggrin:
Can someone help me with STEP 1 2005 Q2 please. I have shown the co-ordinates for R, but that second part showing the co-ordinates for S, I'm stuck on that part, any hints? :/
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Can someone help me with STEP 1 2005 Q2 please. I have shown the co-ordinates for R, but that second part showing the co-ordinates for S, I'm stuck on that part, any hints? :/

Not a lot can be said about it really. Just find the normals and intersect them? Then use the fact that (1,0) lies on PQ for find the value of pq.

If you haven't already, it'll help to sketch y2=4xy^2=4xand all the other points/lines to see what's going on.
Original post by Farhan.Hanif93
Not a lot can be said about it really. Just find the normals and intersect them? Then use the fact that (1,0) lies on PQ for find the value of pq.

If you haven't already, it'll help to sketch y2=4xy^2=4xand all the other points/lines to see what's going on.

Yeah, I did that, I think I've made just made a silly error in my working if that's the case. Thanks.
Sent my application to my referee yesterday :biggrin:

Bath
Bristol
Durham
Nottingham
(All MMath)

Birmingham (BSc)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ben-smith
acknowledgement from UCL:biggrin:

Got mine too. Have to email them my UMS now, because I didn't include it, what an effort :rant:
(even though my UMS scores are actually dead good)
Warwick decided to send me a second acknowledgement with no text, just an empty message:s-smilie:
Warwick decided to send me a second acknowledgement with no text, just an empty message:s-smilie:

They probably just got bored due to living in the middle of nowhere :colonhash:
Care to share with us applicants what we could be experiencing next year?:biggrin:

On a side note, received a notification from Kings and Warwick within 3 minutes of each other. So excited!

Could I see that you are applying to Kings? (I assume KCL) :colone:

This year will be an exciting process for you, getting offers gives a nice feeling inside :biggrin:
SO....

acknowledgements from 4 out of 5 Unis now! :biggrin: UCL, Durham, St. Andrews and Bristol have all emailed back, which feels nice - although of course it doesn't mean anything. Oxford remain evasive but I guess that's their thing?
Reply 1890
Original post by dnumberwang
They probably just got bored due to living in the middle of nowhere :colonhash:

haha.
Original post by Zuzuzu
haha.

How's UCL coming along? :colone:

Got mine too. Have to email them my UMS now, because I didn't include it, what an effort :rant:

UCL ask for UMS? :O
Reply 1893

I thought they asked all applicants to email in their UMS? Got mine in my reference, I think. Might just send an email anyway lol, as technically I may not know what went in my reference.:biggrin:

Is there a way of checking our references/ predicted grade after UCAS has been sent, on track or apply? Already know my predictions, but there was a small internal problem, so just want to double check things.
Original post by twig
I thought they asked all applicants to email in their UMS?

I only found out today when they emailed me

Original post by Edwin Okli
UCL ask for UMS? :O

just for maths i think

same here- maybe they just love us that much
Original post by cpdavis
Could I see that you are applying to Kings? (I assume KCL) :colone:

This year will be an exciting process for you, getting offers gives a nice feeling inside :biggrin:

I am applying to Kings.
Sooooooooo looking forward to if/when I get some offers.
Original post by twig
I thought they asked all applicants to email in their UMS? Got mine in my reference, I think. Might just send an email anyway lol, as technically I may not know what went in my reference.:biggrin:

Is there a way of checking our references/ predicted grade after UCAS has been sent, on track or apply? Already know my predictions, but there was a small internal problem, so just want to double check things.

You are allowed to find out what your reference says from ucas but I think you have to pay a charge
Original post by twig

Are you going to take STEP, even if it is just for the lulz?
Feeling a bit left out here... everyone has already sent their applications! :sigh:

I haven't even started my PS properly.

Latest