The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8000
Guys those of you who have applied already, did you enter your fifth choice too? And can we not add it later?
Original post by laurie:)
that doesn't seem to put people off other 'traditional' medical schools though!

i don't go to a public school btw.

(although i like that about it, i chose my sixth form partly because it was really old and the teachers/prefects wore cloaks and it was just lovely. i guess i like traditions like that.)

No but certainly relative to other Scottish universities it is the worst for stupid traditions.

Plus the fact that St Andrews is a smaller quieter town. Not really a night life hub :rolleyes:

Oh yeah and they offer medicine but don't have a hospital (I'm sure you will try and argue that they cope fine....but it is still funny :mmm:)
Original post by Shaz51
Guys those of you who have applied already, did you enter your fifth choice too? And can we not add it later?

You can add one later :smile:
I have my track details :w00t: Let the pointless addiction to checking it begin...:biggrin:
Original post by SilverArch
I have my track details :w00t: Let the pointless addiction to checking it begin...:biggrin:

Seriously don't.

After interviews it just might be worth setting track as your homepage but it isn't worth the worry before that :smile:
that thread is so quiet! quieter than the UEA one, and thats pretty quiet too!

why dont people like st andrews?

I would think the fact that you have to change uni after three years is somewhat of a deterrent to most people.
Reply 8006
I'm new here and I've just sent in my UCAS form 4 hours ago!! Currently watching my hotmail for any incoming emails like a maniac. I'm applying as an international applicant. Are there many international applicants here? Is it more competitive for us to get in? Or is it just because not many are applying from outside the UK?
Original post by Music_Xu
I'm new here and I've just sent in my UCAS form 4 hours ago!! Currently watching my hotmail for any incoming emails like a maniac. I'm applying as an international applicant. Are there many international applicants here? Is it more competitive for us to get in? Or is it just because not many are applying from outside the UK?

Hello there,

It is considerably more competitive for you guys since each UK university has a strict international (i.e non UK/EU) quota. For instance Aberdeen can only accept 13 internationals as opposed to 160 UK/EU students.
Reply 8008
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Hello there,

It is considerably more competitive for you guys since each UK university has a strict international (i.e non UK/EU) quota. For instance Aberdeen can only accept 13 internationals as opposed to 160 UK/EU students.

That just makes it even more exciting :biggrin:
Original post by lizzy999
That just makes it even more exciting :biggrin:

haha well optimism is the way forward :smile:
Reply 8010
Hey guys, sent off my application today, lets roll on with the wait for replies :smile:
Original post by rohitbd
Hey guys, sent off my application today, lets roll on with the wait for replies :smile:

Bangin'
Ahhhhh application sent D:
Original post by EternalDoom
Ahhhhh application sent D:

Same, got my acknowledgement email today, and logged onto track for the first time.
No but certainly relative to other Scottish universities it is the worst for stupid traditions.

Plus the fact that St Andrews is a smaller quieter town. Not really a night life hub :rolleyes:

Oh yeah and they offer medicine but don't have a hospital (I'm sure you will try and argue that they cope fine....but it is still funny :mmm:)

it really is the complete opposite of where i live, london. which is why i like it. i'm not really a night club kinda gal :tongue:

Original post by Becca-Sarah
I would think the fact that you have to change uni after three years is somewhat of a deterrent to most people.

i like that about it! change of scenery is good :smile:

and a lot of oxbridge medics do that too, yet people still apply there in ginormous numbers
it really is the complete opposite of where i live, london. which is why i like it. i'm not really a night club kinda gal :tongue:

i like that about it! change of scenery is good :smile:

and a lot of oxbridge medics do that too, yet people still apply there in ginormous numbers

You disgust me.
You disgust me.

sorry :tongue:

i like parties and bars and stuff, but i really hate those kind of places where everybody is just crowded together and sweaty and ewwwwww

i like to talk to people, and dance to music, not scream at the top of my voice and move wherever the crowd is moving!
sorry :tongue:

i like parties and bars and stuff, but i really hate those kind of places where everybody is just crowded together and sweaty and ewwwwww

i like to talk to people, and dance to music, not scream at the top of my voice and move wherever the crowd is moving!

Hmm are you sure medicine is the course for you?? :tongue:
Reply 8018
Hmm are you sure medicine is the course for you?? :tongue:

Lol I was just thinking that.
Original post by .eXe
Lol I was just thinking that.

Great minds think alike :cool:

Latest

Trending

Trending