The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Seb
Bless, your city has 30 000 people, my town has 160k. :colondollar:
I can't sing while I run, that's just too much for me. But there's this path that's about 3 miles long with no roads near it and it's my favourite place to run. I should be more scared that a murderer might jump out the bushes and be like "AHHHHHH!" and chase me with a knife. Of course I will be extremely fit and sprint away from them with ease.

Never really has more than 20k because either the students are here or the locals are here.
It's a bit funny like that.
When the students go home we get our lot back from their uni's and that.

The surrounding area has a lot of people though.
I've had to sort lab tests for most of them :P

we can get up to 350 urines in a day.
Reply 4301
:wavey:

are all you reapplicants on a gap year too? What you doing with yourselves? :-)

Oh, also, IF we get interviews in the first place AND get made an offer.. does it show up as unconditional?! :eek: or conditional (on CRB checks) etc?

Paranoia's kicking in that nobodys gonna want gappers :frown: tell me im being silly!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4302
Original post by rozca

Oh, also, IF we get interviews in the first place AND get made an offer.. does it show up as unconditional?! :eek: or conditional (on CRB checks) etc?

Paranoia's kicking in that nobodys gonna want gappers :frown: tell me im being silly!

I don't want to think about offers yet!! I can't even do interviews! I CAN'T DO INTERVIEWS!!! ARGHHHH!!! :'(
Original post by rozca

Depends on the uni, mostly though UNCONDITIONAL (Y).
Gappers have A levels in hand and therefore are much less risky than people who can always potentially miss their offers or whatever.
Also theres the maturity thing (supposedly).
And you'll have more experience (if you manage to bag it.)
I'm working full time in the labs at my local hospital and part time as a HCA (bank).
what about yourself?
Reply 4304
Guys do any of you know if we have to enter our fifth choice before we send our application or can I add it later????
As I am applying to chemical engineering as a backup, I want to apply only if I get rejection from all my choices.

Note: I hadn't used my fifth choice last year so I do not know what to do.
Reply 4305
Hi!

Im also reapplying for medicine (cambridge - gonville and caius; imperial; ucl). I decided to choose only "the best" universities cause Im already studying medicine in Poland and I decided that I will only move to the UK if I got into one of these universities. My question is: do you think that the fact that I'm already studying medicine will be an advantage or disadvantage? And what are the chances of reapplicants (generally)?
Reply 4306
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Wrong reasons to apply :unimpressed:

If you prefer Nottingham then apply to Nottingham, man up :colonhash:

Hey
Im reapplying again this year since last year got all rejections without interview. You may remember me but Ill give u a recap of my statistics this year. I have 2a*, 6a and 1b at Gcse, AAA at A-Level and 585 in my UKcat (up from 520 last year). I'm considering applying to Keele, Liverpool/Lancaster, UEA and Leicester. Which of Liverpool and Lancaster would I have a better chance of getting into and is it worth applying to UEA and Leicester with such a low ukcat score.
Reply 4307
Hey
Do any of you guys know when the deadline is. I know its on Saturday but by what time are u allowed to send of your statement at the latest??
Reply 4308
Original post by JMKD
Hi!

Im also reapplying for medicine (cambridge - gonville and caius; imperial; ucl). I decided to choose only "the best" universities cause Im already studying medicine in Poland and I decided that I will only move to the UK if I got into one of these universities. My question is: do you think that the fact that I'm already studying medicine will be an advantage or disadvantage? And what are the chances of reapplicants (generally)?

Generally, chances for reapplicants are better than first-time applicants, because we have more experience and grades in hand. However, the fact that you already have a place studying medicine I would expect to be a disadvantage. I doubt there will be any other applicants who have the oppurtunity you do - why give the place to someone who is already studying the exact same subject?! You need to contact the universities to ask them - but I would think they'll probably say your chances aren't great - universities generally don't like dropouts from other courses.

Original post by Shaz51
Guys do any of you know if we have to enter our fifth choice before we send our application or can I add it later????
As I am applying to chemical engineering as a backup, I want to apply only if I get rejection from all my choices.

Note: I hadn't used my fifth choice last year so I do not know what to do.

You don't have to put it on straight away - but I wouldn't wait too long... otherwise all the places for your backup may have gone and you'll be stuck then!

Original post by os100
Hey
Do any of you guys know when the deadline is. I know its on Saturday but by what time are u allowed to send of your statement at the latest??

I think probably midnight. But check UCAS website :smile:
Original post by JMKD
Hi!

have you checked these unis definitely allow people to leave a degree? i'm not sure if it'll be the same because it's also medicine...but some universities outright reject you if you are leaving a degree you have already started.

also, it doesn't make any difference when studying medicine in the uk concerning the uni's 'prestige' or whatever
Original post by Dr.Galaxy99
as far as i know the 5 year courses are only for undergrads aren't they? if you're doing a degree then shouldn't you be applying for the 4 year courses?

if you're allowed to apply for the 5 year course then they want applicants with AAA or AAB (at the least) at Alevel.

i think you should give the med schools you're thinking of applying to a quick call for advise on which course to apply for.

hope that helps :smile:

They reserve most of the 5year courses for A level applicants but some graduates that apply do get a spot in the 5year programme for medicine ( grad entry requirements are a LOT higher then 5years programme ): most ask for ukcat of 700 at least, Im busy in working in labs so i dnt get to the chance to call them when they're open ... usually arrive bk round 7pm thank you for your time however and good luck in your application as well :smile:
Original post by Medic_hopefull_6
...QUOTE]

Warwick do consider people who have 600 average. However the average score I was told when I emailed them was 650. Most candidates have around 650 for the GEM course :smile:
I finally sent off my application today. I was a bit scared though, lol. I hope I don't experience what happened last year (four rejectionc; no interview). I applied to completely different unis this time( Cambridge; Gonville and Caius college, Barts and the London, Bristol and Brighton).

I wish everyone including myself the best. We will get in this year.
OH GOD REFEREE STILL HAS NOT SENT REFERENCE :argh:

Do these people want me to firebomb their educational establishments?
I might actually just have to accept that I won't get in this year. ****. Sake.
Reply 4315
Sorry if this has been asked before but i'm just so confused. I started a pharmacy degree this year (dunno what i was thinking, think just wanted to go to uni).. dropped out last week, silly silly.. but anyway, do i have to put it on my ucas form? like in the education section even though it was only 2weeks? aghhh :s-smilie: help please!
Original post by Harbour Seal
I might actually just have to accept that I won't get in this year. ****. Sake.

Quit worrying I am sure it will be sorted. We re-apps WILL stick together :biggrin:

Just take your mind off it. :smile:
Original post by crooney
Sorry if this has been asked before but i'm just so confused. I started a pharmacy degree this year (dunno what i was thinking, think just wanted to go to uni).. dropped out last week, silly silly.. but anyway, do i have to put it on my ucas form? like in the education section even though it was only 2weeks? aghhh :s-smilie: help please!

I wouldn't think so....Since you didn't exactly gain any formal qualifications from there. :s Not entirely sure to be honest. I would give UCAS a quick call though. Just to make sure!
Reply 4318
yeah gonna call them tomorrow. I thought the same though. thanks for your reply :smile:
Original post by crooney
yeah gonna call them tomorrow. I thought the same though. thanks for your reply :smile:

Where are ya applying if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending