The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Hmm are you sure medicine is the course for you?? :tongue:

a couple of weeks ago i was on the underground and somebody puked on me and my friend's shoes. my friend screamed in horror whilst i laughed and told her we have to get used to it someday :tongue: she almost hit me with her bag.

it was actually really disgusting.
Original post by laurie:)
a couple of weeks ago i was on the underground and somebody puked on me and my friend's shoes. my friend screamed in horror whilst i laughed and told her we have to get used to it someday :tongue: she almost hit me with her bag.

it was actually really disgusting.

Today I got the fright of my life today when the 11 month old patient with cerebral palsy and epilepsy I saw had a seizure and stopped breathing for 10 seconds....I needed a pint after that.

Give me vomit any day!
Today I got the fright of my life today when the 11 month old patient with cerebral palsy and epilepsy I saw had a seizure and stopped breathing for 10 seconds....I needed a pint after that.

Give me vomit any day!

vomit + strangers + school uniform + enclosed tunnel + shaky train.

it was horrific

plus it was the beginning of the day so we had to go through the whole day smelling slightly like vomit and wearing suspicious looking shoes from lost and found.
it really is the complete opposite of where i live, london. which is why i like it. i'm not really a night club kinda gal :tongue:

i like that about it! change of scenery is good :smile:

and a lot of oxbridge medics do that too, yet people still apply there in ginormous numbers

Oxbridge people can stay where they are though, St Andrew's have to move.
vomit + strangers + school uniform + enclosed tunnel + shaky train.

it was horrific

plus it was the beginning of the day so we had to go through the whole day smelling slightly like vomit and wearing suspicious looking shoes from lost and found.

I don't quite see how vomit puts you off nights out....they could've drunken that much in their own home :tongue:

I'm not really a great fan of nights out but it really is the best way to socialize with the rest of my year. Medics do seem to enjoy partying hard :tongue:
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Oxbridge people can stay where they are though, St Andrew's have to move.

true. but st andrews is so pretty :love:

I don't quite see how vomit puts you off nights out....they could've drunken that much in their own home :tongue:

I'm not really a great fan of nights out but it really is the best way to socialize with the rest of my year. Medics do seem to enjoy partying hard :tongue:

nahhh vomit doesnt put me off nights out. sweat, becoming slightly deaf and a strangers writhing body next to mine on the other hand....

Give me vomit any day!

That's horrible. :frown: Were they ok?

I was on the verge of throwing up (as in actually gagging) because I saw loads of squashed worms on the way to school. I'm so weak stomached. :p:
Original post by Parle à ma main
That's horrible. :frown: Were they ok?

I was on the verge of throwing up (as in actually gagging) because I saw loads of squashed worms on the way to school. I'm so weak stomached. :p:

Turns out it seizures like that are regular, the Mum reassured my friend and I when we reacted. It was quite a disconcerting thing to see but a valuable experience nonetheless :smile:

First time in the Childrens' hospital today, lovely building (much nicer looking design wise than the Aberdeen Royal but that wouldn't be hard :tongue:) All in all I was pleasantly surprised by paeds.

I wouldn't worry about it, lots of medical students faint occasionally. After a while you would get used to it :smile:
Turns out it seizures like that are regular, the Mum reassured my friend and I when we reacted. It was quite a disconcerting thing to see but a valuable experience nonetheless :smile:

First time in the Childrens' hospital today, lovely building (much nicer looking design wise than the Aberdeen Royal but that wouldn't be hard :tongue:) All in all I was pleasantly surprised by paeds.

I wouldn't worry about it, lots of medical students faint occasionally. After a while you would get used to it :smile:

Oh good, glad they were OK. How did you react? On work experience there were a few occasions where I wanted to do something (not medical- just hold the patient's hand or something) but you feel so out of place/like you'll make things worse if you do anything. Any moments like that at med school?

Haha, thats good, environment is probs more important for kids. Possible specialty then? Although I guess it's a tad early to be thinking about that. :p: My friend told me about a guy who put a firework through a paediatricians door because they thought a paediatrician = the word for paedophile. :rofl: The dr was fine though thankfully :smile:

Ouch, I hope I never faint, but yeah you're right, you've got to get used to it eventually :smile:
Reply 8029
Is anyone here sending a second personal statement to there 5th choice uni, i heard that its possible but wasnt sure??
Reply 8030
Hey guys, i have to have applied by 9:00 tomorrow morning (due to teachers bustin my balls)

But im not sure about something.

When i sat my AS Levels i had a B in chemistry at AS in june 2010.
I resat This and made it an A in june 2011

Overall at A2 I have a grade A in chemistry, achieved in june 2011.

UCAS wants me to enter AS Levels and A levels, and this is where my problem comes in.

I resat an AS level chemistry module, increasing it from an D to an A. (overall increasing AS grade from B to A)

When entering my A2 level chemistry result, I put the A in for this module, as i achieved this. Overall was an A.

For the AS part, if I put in my unit grades with the A (To make the overall be an A at AS), ill have to say i got my AS grade A in chemistry in june 2011, and it would seem that I did the full A-Level in one year (and i did it in 2 years)

What should i do, please help.............

I dont want to use my lower score and say i got a B overall because in all honesty i did better than thatand got an A.
Reply 8031
If you have completed your A2 level, then you do not have to list your AS results as the A2 result takes over.

If you have not completed your A2, then you only need to list your AS results as of now, dont worry about any resits done during the year. And obviously put your A2 result as pending.

Hope this helps
Reply 8032
Original post by Parle à ma main
Oh good, glad they were OK. How did you react? On work experience there were a few occasions where I wanted to do something (not medical- just hold the patient's hand or something) but you feel so out of place/like you'll make things worse if you do anything. Any moments like that at med school?

Haha, thats good, environment is probs more important for kids. Possible specialty then? Although I guess it's a tad early to be thinking about that. :p: My friend told me about a guy who put a firework through a paediatricians door because they thought a paediatrician = the word for paedophile. :rofl: The dr was fine though thankfully :smile:

Ouch, I hope I never faint, but yeah you're right, you've got to get used to it eventually :smile:

LOL you nearly made me choke.
Reply 8033
Original post by Swind
If you have completed your A2 level, then you do not have to list your AS results as the A2 result takes over.

If you have not completed your A2, then you only need to list your AS results as of now, dont worry about any resits done during the year. And obviously put your A2 result as pending.

Hope this helps

But i wanted the unis to see i have an A in AS Level Biology, as i got a B at full A Level :frown:

Still have 3 other A2s at Grade A though (chem, physics, maths)
Original post by Straight up G
Same, got my acknowledgement email today, and logged onto track for the first time.

I got my acknowledgement email yesterday too, but they didn't give me a track username or password. The email just showed me my personal ID and that's it. Help?
okay so im really starting to panic now.

i've just logged into ucas and its still saying that it hasnt been sent to ucas yet, eventhough my tutor said he'd send them all after school.

:frown:
Reply 8036
Original post by SylveeDiggs
I got my acknowledgement email yesterday too, but they didn't give me a track username or password. The email just showed me my personal ID and that's it. Help?

you use the same username and password as when you log in to apply :smile:

[QUOTE=laurie[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];34462859]okay so im really starting to panic now.

i've just logged into ucas and its still saying that it hasnt been sent to ucas yet, eventhough my tutor said he'd send them all after school.

:frown:

Did you get an email from UCAS saying 'Congratulations! Your school/college has sent your application to UCAS and we will process it soon' or something?

If not, you seriously need to get on the back of your teacher (somehow) tomorrow and make sure he logs in and sends it off for you. He also needs to get his act together... This is your lifetime career!
Original post by Deigh..
you use the same username and password as when you log in to apply :smile:

I did but it said invalid details :frown: I want Trackk :cry:
Original post by CraigKirk
Did you get an email from UCAS saying 'Congratulations! Your school/college has sent your application to UCAS and we will process it soon' or something?

If not, you seriously need to get on the back of your teacher (somehow) tomorrow and make sure he logs in and sends it off for you. He also needs to get his act together... This is your lifetime career!

i actually feel really sick T.T

there was a load of us queuing up outside is office after school today asking him what the hold up was and he said he'd send them off this evening

Latest

Trending

Trending