The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4340
Original post by Dr.Galaxy99
Ok so I sent my form to my school like 2 days ago. How do I know of they've sent it to UCAS!?

What do you mean your form? Your reference request?

You should know if your UCAS has been sent if you log in to apply and it says everything has been completed and/or recieve a UCAS completion e-mail.
you will get emails / letters from ucas. lots and lots of them so get used to it! especially the meaningless ucas media emails that are the ultimate piss take. You're already on edge when you see and email in your inbox...then its from UCAS....THEN!!! its a pointless advertisement.....brilliant, heart attack over.
Original post by Vox0
What do you mean your form? Your reference request?

You should know if your UCAS has been sent if you log in to apply and it says everything has been completed and/or recieve a UCAS completion e-mail.

yeah reference request.
when i log in to apply, it says the reference and form are complete and have been approved by the school but haven't been sent to UCAS ... :/ i hope they send it soon.
(edited 12 years ago)
Wooo school has sent off the application!

UCAS
We are pleased to let you know that your school, college or centre has sent us your UCAS application, which we received on 14 October 2011.

What happens next?
It will usually take up to 48 hours for us to process and send it to the universities and colleges that you have applied to. At deadlines this may be longer.

We will send you a welcome letter and Applicant Welcome Guide in the post when we have processed it. The letter is important as it lists all the courses that you have applied to as well as your Personal ID and username. Before this arrives you can find more information about what happens next.

When can I check the progress of my application?
Once we have processed your application you can log in to Track to view your application.

Your Personal ID
The Personal ID that you use to log in to Track will be printed on your welcome letter.

If you have previously applied to UCAS, or any of our other application systems, we may have changed your Personal ID from the one above. If we do change it we will print the one you need to use on your welcome letter.

We wish you every success with your application.
Reply 4344
Original post by Doctor.
Not 'sent' yet. However I would try asking your Tutor at school (or whoever is admin there).

If not, try ringing up UCAS.

It has been sent, glasgow have already acknowledged my application.
Reply 4345
Original post by Seb
The annoying thing is that UCAS make you accept the agreement which says if UCAS make a mistake, then you can't do **** all about it. One of the many reasons I hate UCAS.

Uh-oh. better hope i got the passwords mixed up then :tongue:
UCAS application sent guys!!

Now the wait ...
Original post by Dr.Galaxy99

just got 5th choice offer, lets hope the dental ones follow
Original post by bertstare
just got 5th choice offer, lets hope the dental ones follow

Which course was that for?
Original post by kingme
Anyone else had problems getting into track?

UCAS gave me a new personal ID this time, but Glasgow have accepted my application with my old ID number, and neither of them work logging into track.
Seriously bricking myself that I won't find out about interviews or something now :s-smilie:

Think it IS your old one you use but it'll be with your new password, I think. It worked for me anyways :smile:
Original post by joemullally
Which course was that for?

chemical engineering
chemical engineering

Awesome man where at?
At least you know you're going to uni :smile::smile:
Original post by joemullally
Awesome man where at?
At least you know you're going to uni :smile::smile:

nottingham. yeah its nice, what was your 5th choice?

now the long wait really begins!
Reply 4353
Hi guys,

I will be doing some open university courses during my gap year. Do I need to declare them on the "Education" section of UCAS?
Original post by kingme

Original post by kingme
Anyone else had problems getting into track?

UCAS gave me a new personal ID this time, but Glasgow have accepted my application with my old ID number, and neither of them work logging into track.
Seriously bricking myself that I won't find out about interviews or something now :s-smilie:

Try logging in using your UCAS Username from this year, password from this year, but your ID from last year. This is how it worked out from me.
Reply 4355
Hey guys I'm reapplying also but have got a place to study medicine in eastern europe. Is it worth me telling the English unis I apply to this, or hould I just decline and take another gap year and do travelling/charity work like I did last year.
Reply 4356
Original post by os100
Hey guys I'm reapplying also but have got a place to study medicine in eastern europe. Is it worth me telling the English unis I apply to this, or hould I just decline and take another gap year and do travelling/charity work like I did last year.

I have no idea if i'm right, but i assume that it will be a disadvantage if the unis find out that you already have a place for medicine. Seeing as it's so competitive, i think they might reject you on the basis that you already have a place and there is no gaurantee that you'll take up their offer. If allowed, you could still apply to British universities while holding on the offer in Europe.
Good luck!
"Your application has been approved by your referee/coordinator. Your reference has been completed and approved. Your application has not yet been sent to UCAS"

I sent it on the night of the 13th and as soon as I did, it said the reference had already been completed and approved..
I wanna cry with frustration because I know exactly what my referee is doing :frown:
Reply 4358
chemical engineering

I chose that last year!! turned it down though :frown:

I might regret it if I get re-rejected
Reply 4359
can you add your fifth choice later? i applied all medicine.. :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending